Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.06 Feedback<<< (FINAL UPDATE 6th Release Candidate)

Can we get some info on what we need to do to get the option to receive ports as part of reparations? I have had about 20 different wars now in a couple different 1920 campaigns all spanning different lengths and sinking different amounts of ships and I have only gotten the option once and it was for Heligoland. I even completely took out the enemy nation's fleet and still got nothing. I have seen a couple people mention taking ports but it sounds like its more common in earlier campaigns or something. 

I don't know if it's the cadet crew or a bug, but my heavy cruisers could not hit this CL to save their lives. Even when I was at ~~800m~~ range, I only had a ONE PERCENT chance to hit with 1940s tech... My ships are reasonably balanced with up-gunned 8.9 inchers... How is this CL  running rings around my entire fleet. Is it because it goes 40 kn? Still, my CAs could not hit it when fully broadside at sub 1 km range - no smoke. The Mk5 guns on my battleships also only had around 1% chance to hit at ranges of 10km... Their stated accuracy is something like 70% at that range...20220630211049_1.thumb.jpg.c84a0bcda2b3efbf4eed13b13ca64179.jpg

20220630211123_1.thumb.jpg.95fef4c202e7865ee02a652773772d25.jpg20220630211123_1.thumb.jpg.95fef4c202e7865ee02a652773772d25.jpg

I apologize the screenshots are somewhat out of context, but I only thought to take some after it started running away. On the initial charge the crew on my ships could probably wave at these Italians... My ships were that close, but I could not hit them. it may be because the traverse speed of my turrets wasn't high enough, but I don't think that was the issue because they were well within 2.5km for several minutes and only one 8 inch shell hit them with a BC, BB, 2DDs, and my 2CAs firing at them... I ended up losing the battle because I just couldn't hit them.

20220630211049_1.jpg

Edited by VanillaBryce

I'm seeing instances where my ships will be built with no weight offset, and then some time later they will end up with a 20-30% weight offset. To the point where I have to do a drastic rebuild to them to get balanced again. Its happened on my light cruiser (french light cruiser 4), 3 of my battleships (french exp dread,2x dreadnought III) but not my CA for whatever reason. so far at least. Just checked and it did it to my DD as well. 

Edit: it happens right after you end the 1st turn after you design it, then it appears to stay after that, so you can design a ship, end the turn, copy that design and rearrange until its balanced again, then you'll be set. 

Edited by Aloeus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aloeus said:

I'm seeing instances where my ships will be built with no weight offset, and then some time later they will end up with a 20-30% weight offset. To the point where I have to do a drastic rebuild to them to get balanced again. Its happened on my light cruiser (french light cruiser 4), 3 of my battleships (french exp dread,2x dreadnought III) but not my CA for whatever reason. so far at least. Just checked and it did it to my DD as well. 

I am having the same issue. This battleship used to only have a .4% fore weight offset... Now it is over 31%:

20220630235046_1.thumb.jpg.130c50fea4d43e976994ab4639302648.jpg20220701000546_1.thumb.jpg.b45f2d3779a41bd22152ba2124789df7.jpg

I believe this could be related t o the weight distribution changing when an engine technology is researched (just a theory). I had just finished researching advanced engines when I went back to check my design.

Apparently my BC now has almost a 77% longitudinal weight offset LMAO (started with < 1%). I rarely design a ship with even a 1% longitudinal offset. Sometimes pitch gets into the 20s and it can't be helped, but 76.8?! LOL:

20220701001612_1.thumb.jpg.426ed91dcdcc6d7c2c3ed802712d4726.jpg

The problem may be hull-related? The CA I designed at the start of the campaign still has all the same offsets:

20220701002146_1.thumb.jpg.e1e4a4c733ace54d7f736190e72936b3.jpg

Edited by VanillaBryce
Additional Information
  • Like 1

1.06 21

there is old problem that I almost forget.

in campaign, the gun's range is not correctly show.

before today, I thought it just happened on gun with longer barrel.

but now I found that happened on all gun.

xlWauXO.jpeg

6" have -8% barrel, 2" & 2.9" have 10% barrel, others have 0%

EDIT:

it only happen to campaign. in custom battle, range will correctly show.

Edited by itolan1752
it is update 21, not 20
  • Sad 1

Done some more tests regarding lower caliber main guns getting interfered with by secondaries. The issue becomes most notable 20 seconds in.

(quality is bad I know)

Notice how 20 seconds in the main battery fires sporadically or not at all while secondaries are firing on a target, and go back to firing normally once they are turned off. This happens to any cruiser, be it light or heavy, with main guns below a certain threshold, as vessels with 10" or larger do not show this behaviour. 9" seems to be a grey area, sometimes they work, sometimes not.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, CAR DOOR said:

Done some more tests regarding lower caliber main guns getting interfered with by secondaries. The issue becomes most notable 20 seconds in.

(quality is bad I know)

Notice how 20 seconds in the main battery fires sporadically or not at all while secondaries are firing on a target, and go back to firing normally once they are turned off. This happens to any cruiser, be it light or heavy, with main guns below a certain threshold, as vessels with 10" or larger do not show this behaviour. 9" seems to be a grey area, sometimes they work, sometimes not.

I assumed the intermittent pausing in main battery fire had to do with how main batteries fired now, with test salvos followed by faster ROFs. But I do notice like 10-25% of the time the main batteries do not fire whilst they are already loaded and aimed. Oddly enough they only start firing again once the enemy has maneuvered and the firing solution would theoretically have been lost. 

• Sad 1

Still having massive issues with naval funding magically dwindling overtime. Sitting at peace, the GDP is growing, never taking any events that hurt my naval funding, on the contrary I take events that increase it, but over 80% of my surplus just disappears without building more ships or anything.

Tech still seems abysmal at 100% funding. It's become impossible to be ahead in tech and it's always at average tech level.

• Like 3

60 years - nearly died of boredom...

All AI natiosn had run themselves into the ground by the early 1920s. Only AH started building ships again during the 30s, but they wouldn't fight me no matter what as I was still allied with them.

UAD_campaign.jpg

Edited by ZorinW
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Traslo said:

Still having massive issues with naval funding magically dwindling overtime. Sitting at peace, the GDP is growing, never taking any events that hurt my naval funding, on the contrary I take events that increase it, but over 80% of my surplus just disappears without building more ships or anything.

Tech still seems abysmal at 100% funding. It's become impossible to be ahead in tech and it's always at average tech level.

Legendary difficulty?

9 hours ago, VanillaBryce said:

I am having the same issue. This battleship used to only have a .4% fore weight offset... Now it is over 31%:

I believe this could be related t o the weight distribution changing when an engine technology is researched (just a theory). I had just finished researching advanced engines when I went back to check my design.

Apparently my BC now has almost a 77% longitudinal weight offset LMAO (started with < 1%). I rarely design a ship with even a 1% longitudinal offset. Sometimes pitch gets into the 20s and it can't be helped, but 76.8?! LOL:

The problem may be hull-related? The CA I designed at the start of the campaign still has all the same offsets:

1 hour ago, RegamusMaximis said:

Does research that change stats affect the ships weigh or something without refitting?

I can build a ship and have 0 offset, come back to actually do a refit and all of a sudden it's 70% off aft weigh wise

Its not tech related. I've designed a ship, ended the turn(with no tech updates), and the offset shows up. You can then go and copy that design, rebuild it so the offset is correct, and that design will hold out. But if you start a new fresh design with the same hull you'll have the offset problem. Kinda a bizarre bug, whether the offset is fore or aft seems random.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Traslo said:

"Average" compared to other nations. It is difficult to be ahead, and that is good for AI opponents which means they are developing too. 

12 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

"Average" compared to other nations. It is difficult to be ahead, and that is good for AI opponents which means they are developing too. 

My experiance of the tech tweak is that it's better in terms of keeping up with the listed dates on techs but far from perfect, some categories stay ahead some don't. Still a huge improvement.

1 hour ago, Traslo said:

I'd have to do some really detailed note taking but i suspect the issue is that growth has slowed overall due to transports seeming to max out slower, (this is good btw), whilst i suspect the maximum budget for each slider is tied to the passing of time, not the growth in GDP. Thus the cost of the sliders can rapidly outpace your GDP growth at some points.

Also as a tip, a change in GDP is the same as an change in Naval Budget but with a delayed effect.

1 hour ago, ZorinW said:

All AI natiosn had run themselves into the ground by the early 1920s. Only AH started building ships again during the 30s, but they wouldn't fight me no matter what as I was still allied with them.

UAD_campaign.jpg

Yeah my experiance is the AI tends to spiral down badly in at least a couple of cases very early on, (played 2 campaigns so far, a short 15 year one where i was assessing the changes with no tech focuses and a longer one thats still in progress where i set focuses). 

I'm pretty sure the AI underprioratises the transports slider and i suspect when it gets warned about spending it gets the same penalties as the player. Those penalties are actually really bad for your ability to meet bills unless you seriously cut your spending, and even then there's a small permanent longterm negetive to them. The AI can easily get into a spiral of repeated warnings that depress their GDP growth so badly they can can never get a positive growth rate leading to ever smaller budgets leading to more warnings, repeat until collapse. If i'm right about them getting the same penalties one of the best things that could be done for the AI is to remove the event penalties from the AI for this event. Would make it significantly harder for the AI to spiral like that.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Aloeus said:

I generally like the more realistic constraints (where it actually is realistic, which it isnt always) But a "creative/arcade" mode where you don't have some limitations like pitch and roll and balance etc would probably be enjoyable. 

You know what would help? Mods. They do the trick in basically every single game. And i don't mean editing files (which was also made impossible unfortunately). I mean proper steam workshop with modding tools.

Of course those usually are games which don't implode under the barrage of new bugs every minipatch, so i don't have much hope, but still, maybe some day...

So new 1900 campaign, in 1908, is there a reason the german Dreadnoughts I'm fighting are using 9in of Nickle Steel Armor, i just sunk one with gun fire from a light cruiser squadron

Edited by Candle_86

4 hours ago, ZorinW said:

UAD_campaign.jpg

So I  doubt you only sank 3 ships in 60 years! That really would have been a nasty game!

So another thing to be fixed. Not the highest priority, but still needs to be fixed.

Can anyone confirm that the reported roll and pitch figures have the intended effect? I suspect a lot of the figures show are not correct but haven't had the time to confirm this yet.

Edit: back in 1.06.19 (I think) I had a design where the pitch and roll both went very high while moving a turret but the reported gun accuracy also rose by a couple of percent.

I couldn't confirm it as the saved game was lost in a subsequent release.

Edited by kjg000
More information

31 minutes ago, kjg000 said:

Can anyone confirm that the reported roll and pitch figures have the intended effect? I suspect a lot of the figures show are not correct but haven't had the time to confirm this yet.

wait, I think I misunderstand what you ask. never mind.

If your "intended effect" is mean a complete ship's pitch/roll is not over 25%, this is my answer.

Vxr6r6j.jpg

ZzkdZ8h.jpg

dfa.jpg.e3a3cf8ed5e5f06a3a6aaaccdc373157.jpg

I did not test all hull, but even some empty hull' pitch/roll is over 25%, after you put anything on the hull, they will down to 25%.

BTW, the older ship are already have "Stability" value to make they are not accuracy like late warship.

YoRs4QG.jpg

so even they have good pitch/roll, late hull still be better.

Edited by itolan1752

Came across something novel. Now we know the torpedo being fired to the wrong side bug, how about this one:

If you look closeley you can see that this TB fired torps to both starboard and port of itself going an a somewhat parallel course. There is a real chance that due to stearing either to port or starboard it gets hit by its own torpedo. A deadly tactic for sure, but not neccesarely to the enemy.

There is also a another bright whitish-trail and afther the hull a smokey black-ish one. Thats not part of the torp-bug, its just a 12" HE shell overpenning from one of the BBs behind which the TBs were scouting and screening for.

L7rL3wj.jpg

One more perspective. You can even see the actuall HE shell tumbling after passing the hull. Its bottom first, but thats hard to see. This game can be so damn great sometimes .......

ICFROS9.jpg

And the final one.

p5TvugV.jpg

Savefile has been sent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RegamusMaximis said:

Sinking their old tech maybe, not unrealistic to have outdated and aged ships in ya fleet even today

I'd agree except I fought a 16000 ton pre dread they had with Krupp1, and then 2 dreadnaughts with Nickle Steel. The other irony is the Pre had 13.2in guns, while the dreads where rocking 10.3in guns. Honestly the pre was actually more dangerous 

Edited by Candle_86
  • Like 1

I've got some quick AI designer/campaign feedback here.
1922, 4 German BB's vs 1 "Brand New" Austrian BB.
My BB's are relatively old, originally built in 1914, but were refitted back in '21 with new guns, and the Austrian design is even older than the original design of my BB's. (1909 I think?) Yes, the Austrians are still using the same design from over a decade ago, and it's a quite flawed one at that.
GMCEsI1.png
This BB Entered Service in 1922, and Its Main Guns Only Have A Max Range Of 14km. 
As you can probably guess, the penetration on these howitzers is pretty awful. What's worse is that they have to go up against one of the best guns I've got in my fleet, the 350/65.
PCbj6nM.png
The result of this massive difference in range, accuracy, and penetration was entirely predictable. The Austrian BB hit the bottom with all but 8 of her main battery shells still aboard.
It should be noted that in the politics menu the Austro-Hungarian Empire is listed as "Very Advanced," but just built an obsolete mess of a ship, despite that class of ship having been proven to be wholly ineffective on the modern battlefield. I've lost count of the exact number, but I've probably destroyed almost a dozen ships of this class by now, they rarely achieved anything even when they were still relatively new designs, and aged like spoiled milk as the years rolled on.

Update: 1924
2 years later and the war's finally over. I managed to take an example of this class in the peace deal, with this unit in particular having been built about a year after the battle pictured in this post.
IOPlXYJ.png
The Austrians were using this as a frontline unit in 1924. Those are Mk. I 12" guns. They Were Still Using Mk. I Guns In 1924. A Nation Listed As Very Advanced In 1924 Was Using Guns From The 1890's.

Edited by SodaBit
Example from BB class captured
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2