Game-Labs Forum

What's coming next (v1.06) *UPDATE 28/5/2022*

Nick Thomadis

2 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Hello guys,
We need more time to finish the first beta. The main features are mostly complete. The campaign still needs some time, but for a beta we can surely offer it next week, as it seems. A changelog will be offered tomorrow.

Oh dont keep us in suspense:):) cant wait for 1.06. I hope you guys plan to add more hulls, more superstructures, funnels, guns. And when will we get US or Japanese campaign?

Edited by Dreaming_Nagato

5 hours ago, Dreaming_Nagato said:

Oh dont keep us in suspense:):) cant wait for 1.06. I hope you guys plan to add more hulls, more superstructures, funnels, guns. And when will we get US or Japanese campaign?

Most likely, I think they would expand to include western Russia, Spain, and east coast USA before adding the Pacific, since most of the currently playable countries are located around the North Atlantic, Baltic, and Mediterranean seas. As for more hulls and superstructures, They are certainly welcome additions, but they shouldn't be the main focus of the updates. So far, I like that 1.06 focuses more on improving smaller game mechanics than previous updates, like the dud torpedoes and the custom citadel. 

It would also be cool if the parts we choose in the ship builder had a little bit of background info for those of us who don't recognize every pre-WWII ship on sight. (e.g., "This hull is based on the 19xx design of such-and-such ship." or "This superstructure is what X ship had after its 1932 refit.")

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Werwaz said:

Most likely, I think they would expand to include western Russia, Spain, and east coast USA before adding the Pacific, since most of the currently playable countries are located around the North Atlantic, Baltic, and Mediterranean seas. As for more hulls and superstructures, They are certainly welcome additions, but they shouldn't be the main focus of the updates. So far, I like that 1.06 focuses more on improving smaller game mechanics than previous updates, like the dud torpedoes and the custom citadel. 

Well, i welcome all additions to the game. But hulls/superstructures/funnels/guns still lacking. It is impossible to fully recreate many real ships. You may recreate Von der Tann, Littorio but you cant do that with Nelson, Kongo, Nagato and many others, especially cruisers (british cruisers were impossible to recreate, as well some germans, french, italians).

So more parts real parts were needed.

• Like 2

psst

superstructure designer.

But seriously.  I beg.  Give us a superstructure designer where we can use numerous small to large preset parts based on what we already have to assemble absolutely whatever we like.  Like a dev tool.    

Adding more towers is kinda pointless because there's always gonna be more ships, people who want it on different hulls, or people who don't want to adhere to historical visuals.

I beg.  Give us a superstructure designer.

Edited by slightlytreasonous
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, Dreaming_Nagato said:

Что ж, я приветствую все дополнения к игре. А вот корпусов/надстроек/труб/орудий по-прежнему не хватает. Невозможно полностью воссоздать многие реальные корабли. Вы можете воссоздать Von der Tann, Littorio, но вы не можете сделать это с Nelson, Kongo, Nagato и многими другими, особенно крейсерами (британские крейсера было невозможно воссоздать, а также некоторые немецкие, французские, итальянские).

Поэтому нужно было больше настоящих деталей.

Isn't the N3/G3 case the basis for Nelson?

3 hours ago, brothermunro said:

Really excited to try out 1.06! Absolutely love how the campaign is sounding - and thank you for the turret rotation stat being added! 

you may be an ultramrine brother munro but in this case i coukd not agree with you more. this patch is finally going to start to show what this game is like long term and will heavily revitalise the cmpaign along with the ton of cahnges to ship deisngs it will massivley change how people build their vessels

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BOP_ARP said:

Isn't the N3/G3 case the basis for Nelson?

It is, however while you can scale it down to fit Nelson class weight, some parts were missing, for example: front superstructure where bridge is located. There is no supersture that looks like real block thing on real ship, closest perhaps is what is used on upgraded Queen Elizabeth class (or Warspite since i belive she was first to receive extensive upgrades). And the guns which were 16 inch also dont look quite correct, not to mention aft superstructure and funnel.

"

• Further Auto-Design improvements: AI will design ships even better following the logic of the new mechanics for Citadel and Guns.
  • Further Battle AI  improvements: Battle AI will operate overall in a more effective way vs the player. "

Challenge accepted!! Oh i can wait for better AI, so far i mop the floor with AI no matter been on normal or legendary. Now if its gonna be more challenging the better. Time to start thinking of my uber designs buahahahaha, super H class for Germany.

By the way, what about addition of United States or Japan and expansion of the map?

Edited by Dreaming_Nagato

49 minutes ago, o Barão said:

"...but for a beta we can surely offer it next week..."

Read is very hard these days, it seems.

Yes it is 😄, that is beta, question is if it will be next week. With amount of things they add, how much of stuff they say it will be in 1.06 will actually work. Besides i did read it, i still asked as with updates you never know.

On 5/7/2022 at 9:40 PM, Dreaming_Nagato said:

If you have a dreadnought ship and you get a modern battleship hull, your enemy should do the same, following you and challenging you all the way. Its not fair to enemy if your have a modern battleship fighting their vintage dreadnoughts. Enemy need to have same level of technology as you do. Making new generations of battleships, cruisers, destroyers so that you remain at alert at all times.

This is the worst possible choice and the laziest design decision possible, and to be brutally honest, I don't know why anybody with experience playing good video games would even contemplate this idea (looking at you, Bethesda & FO3). What needs to happen is for the developers to actually balance the AI's research progress or to have a technological osmosis happen (both ways) in a gradual manner, not to have copy-paste enemies that all look and fight the same way. One side getting new tech and then it magically appearing in everybody's hands is outright ridiculous, boring to play, and immersion-breaking. Why would the Japanese have bothered with Long Lance torpedoes, the British with radar,  or the Americans with high-pressure boilers if they had known it did not provide them an edge? Listening to such a suggestion will harm the game.

Edited by roachbeef
  • Like 7

21 minutes ago, roachbeef said:

This is the worst possible choice and the laziest design decision possible, and to be brutally honest, I don't know why anybody with experience playing good video games would even contemplate this idea (looking at you, Bethesda & FO3). What needs to happen is for the developers to actually balance the AI's research progress or to have a technological osmosis happen (both ways) in a gradual manner, not to have copy-paste enemies that all look and fight the same way. One side getting new tech and then it magically appearing in everybody's hands is outright ridiculous, boring to play, and immersion-breaking. Why would the Japanese have bothered with Long Lance torpedoes, the British with radar,  or the Americans with high-pressure boilers if they had known it did not provide them an edge? Listening to such a suggestion will harm the game.

Whilst many nations had their own tech choices, this is a game about Dreadnoughts ultimately, and when HMS Dreadnought was made and revolutionized battleships, every nation sought to make their own equivalent asap. At least specifically in terms of the Dreadnought being a massive advancement, it wouldn't seem absurd for nations to get a research boost or something to help them get their own Dreadnoughts sooner than they were otherwise going to. Buffing everyone's research in all fields just for falling behind would be bad though I agree. 

Edited by Traslo
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, roachbeef said:

Some suggestions could actually make game better. If you think in real life, largest and most powerful battleship ever was Yamato. Americans did plan to introduce Montana class as answer to Japanese Yamato. Germans plan to make H class (or classes since each ship was basically different). If you make 45000 ton ship, your opponent should make something that is close to it to match you. Germans had Bismarck, French had Richelieu, Italians had Littorio, British had King Geroge V, those ships were relativly close to each other, although not all had same caliber and number of guns. But in this game especially in 1910-1920 what can happen is that enemy (AI) remain on level it started, sure it will upgrade its ships but it will not create new design while you will design new ships as you unlock new hulls and tech. These new ships will be more and more powerful and eventually you would be able to easly defeat obsolete enemy ships. What is instead needed is that AI follows you in research, when you create new more powerful battleship, AI need to respond with its own. Of course which design would win depends on your own skills how you utilize the new ships.

I find gameplay of 1890-1900 quite annoying, many may not agree with me but it is, usually i keep speed at 5x in this two periods ships came closer then 2km range which automatically slows speed to 3x which is slow as hell, it takes forever to destroy larger ships. Of course in this early campaigns its not really relevant if enemy have same or not tech as both have the same. It would be nice if AI can devlop some tech before you and be more superior as such you would have more challenge to the gameplay. I prefer to play 1920-1930-1940 campaigns are those are more dynamical, more challenging, yes AI utilize their torp fetish at 200% but it make game more challenging.

• Like 1

I can aggree on the sentiment that at least in 1.05 AI seems to tech slower then human players (checking the save file they seem to stick with 50% mudget).

So for longer campains to interesting this will hopefully get looked up.

I am currently in my 2nd campain in 1.05 approaching a lenght of 10 years plus, so far i cannot tell if AI is not researching new hulls or not designing ships on new hulls (it seems they set priorities, but their priorisation seems a bit off, i.e. they seem to love com range for their capitals... i did see them researching better components and using them though).

Anyways I am really curious how this is going to be handled in 1.06. Also i have seen an intel stat in the files.. wonder for what that is going to be used.

9 hours ago, roachbeef said:

What needs to happen is for the developers to actually balance the AI's research progress or to have a technological osmosis happen (both ways) in a gradual manner, not to have copy-paste enemies that all look and fight the same way. One side getting new tech and then it magically appearing in everybody's hands is outright ridiculous, boring to play, and immersion-breaking. Why would the Japanese have bothered with Long Lance torpedoes, the British with radar,  or the Americans with high-pressure boilers if they had known it did not provide them an edge? Listening to such a suggestion will harm the game.

I share the same opinion. By the way, I don't know exactly how the historical AI works in game. Is related to what tech they will focus on the research, or is only related to how they will react in the battlefield?

@Nick Thomadis is it possible to clarify how the historical AI works in game?

On 5/13/2022 at 10:17 AM, Carl_Bar said:

My read was that he was saying the focus of the game is on ship design not strategic layer stuff.

Given the amount of focus dev time wise the campaign is getting i hard disagree.

One thing i hope the citadel internal armour brings is end armour and proper simulation of it. Right now it's not simulated and a shell can't penetrate through the bow/stern into the citadel and to compensate currently damage can propagate along the length of the ship without limit creating a situation where a ship firing large calibre guns can do more damage with a low pen high damage shell than a high pen low damage shell against a ship with a heavily armoured citadel but a weekly armoured bow/stern.

How is it not ? Literally the whole pitch was to build realistic ships or recreate them (iowa,etc) or go crazy.

Go to their site, very little is mentioned about simulated campaigns and it's literally mostly about building.

you can "hard disagree" but the release trailers, sites and the game itself disagrees with you.

Not calling it a ship building game or ship building strategy game(campaign) would be disingenuous and a lie. 

This game at its core is a ship building game and it was envisioned. 

They are doing fine, add more hulls and options in the building area. Polish that and they should be fine, I get that you want some sort of in depth total war type campaign. But let's be honest, that isn't going to happen.

Although I'd love for it to get to that level

• Like 1