Game-Labs Forum

Campaign option for fleet size in engagements would be nice

Rucki

As the title suggests, I would like to ask for such an option.

Since 1.05 it seems that most engagements are quite huge compared to earlier updates (although I tried only the 1890 start date so far).
For example I constantly get convoy defend engagements, which would contain every ship I have in Hamburg or Wilhelmshafen like f.e. 5 BBs and 10TBs against the english of the same or bigger size.

For me personally its more fun to have small engagements, like 1-4 BBs against 1-4 BBs, maybe with some screens like 3-4 TBs or LC.  Especially the 1vs1 or 2vs2 battle are quite fun for me, as they allow me to compare my design exactly against the enemies design, no matter the ship class (well, maybe without the smaller classes like TBs or DDs). 

The biggest problem for me with huge engagements currently is the fleet control, setting TBs or DDs to the "screen" command makes them swim too far away from the main battle line and let them sometimes make suicide attacks, alone and against the whole enemy fleet. As I understand the "screen" command they should stay close to the main battle line and only engage those TBs,DDs which comes to close and not hunt them back, maybe the commands should be split up in the future to something like "Passive Screen" and "Aggressive Screen". Also it would be beneficial to choose the side on which the screens are, quite often the AI puts f.e. 3 Screens on the "outer" sight where no enemies are and 1 screen on the correct side. 

So at the moment its quite micro heavy work to have those huge battles, as I constantly need take care of my main battle line and 1-3 different screen battle lines, which need constant baby sitting, like changing the direction and adjusting the speed.

It would be also nice if mid line BBs which are getting hit on their engines would not make a full turn to get on the last position in the line, but would rather slightly go the right side and just let the ships behind overturn them. 

• Like 2