Game-Labs Forum

Please allow time acceleration x5/x10/x30 at all times.

rgreat

Please allow time acceleration x5/x10/x30 at all times.

Early betas had this option.

I don't care, even if simulation would be a bit compromised at x30. I just would not use time acceleration when it is really matter.

Edited by rgreat
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I can mostly agree, its really annoying when they are attacking transports and I've gotta catch up to my transports, but the game slows to 3x so all I can do is spend 5 minutes watching, I know the same damage would be done irreguardless, but at least i dont have to watch it in slow mo and i can decrease the period of frustation

• Like 4

Rapid fire guns at high playspeeds might risk game crashes, which can be super dangerous in a gamestate where saving is difficult. 

I would set the acceleration limit based on the fire rate of the fastest guns that are trainable. So you might be able to maintain 30x speed if the only guns that are firing are heavy main battery guns. But i wouldn't want to risk 30x playback speeds when my 2-5 inch guns are firing. 

5 hours ago, admiralsnackbar said:

Rapid fire guns at high playspeeds might risk game crashes, which can be super dangerous in a gamestate where saving is difficult. 

I would set the acceleration limit based on the fire rate of the fastest guns that are trainable. So you might be able to maintain 30x speed if the only guns that are firing are heavy main battery guns. But i wouldn't want to risk 30x playback speeds when my 2-5 inch guns are firing. 

While it's awesome that more people are thinking about this stuff (certainly, we players get out of hand sometimes), you might be interested in some of the findings of people who have save-edited.

Through hyper-inflating a repeatable tech (I believe it's gun_mech_end, and you need to take it up to a 1000), you can eliminate the entire loading time, achieving a firing rate of "Infinity". This isn't quite "Infinity", though, the game just fires as soon as the animation cycles (flash and a bit of smoke). For small guns, they can achieve a 'stream' of shells, while big guns still have a gap.

Nonetheless, the game is still very stable with such edits, even when you have a full fleet firing at this RoF, with hundreds of barrels with various calibers. I haven't had a chance to do such a test with the absolute latest update (18), but this was still the case in the earlier versions of 1.05.

(Just as a reminder, if you want to run a test with an edited save, any bugs should not be reported to the devs)

• Like 3

On 4/10/2022 at 5:02 PM, Candle_86 said:

I can mostly agree, its really annoying when they are attacking transports and I've gotta catch up to my transports, but the game slows to 3x so all I can do is spend 5 minutes watching, I know the same damage would be done irreguardless, but at least i dont have to watch it in slow mo and i can decrease the period of frustation

This.

Same is true if you are trying to disegange but AI wont let you create distance. No damage is done, but you gota watch 10 realtime minutes go by.

• Like 3