Game-Labs Forum

Loosing transports in dominated sea zone

Sandermatt

As germany I absolutely dominate the north sea and continue to beat the british. Nontheless I loose more and more transports. What are the mechanics behind that?

Edit: Beta version of campaign.

Edited by Sandermatt
Providing more context

i cannot tell you exactly, but maybe this helps:

i usually play as austria-hungary and try to equally spread taskforced with task of sea control (i believe this affects blockade / enemy transport losses in the are) and protect (that is pobably what you might b missing).

Regardless the only mechanic i know fromt he forums is: having ships in port is about half as effective protecting you TRs vs having task forces around with "protect" task.

On a sidenot: i never really got what "invade" task actually does... (does not force bomb port events from what i have seen (also can you even conquer an enemy port yet? )

• Like 2

As far as I gathered "Protect" reduces the chances of your transports being sunk, "Invade" increases the chances to sink enemy transports and "Sea Control" makes it more likely to generate battles against enemy combat ships not involving any transports.

That being said from personal experience I can only confirm the first one. Using protect did reduce the losses my transports suffered, not entirely but to a noticable degree. The others I haven't payed enough attention personally to say much.

• Like 1

Ok, I have not yet tried the protect stance, I always went for Sea Control, maybe the protect stance will help. In the campaign I in the end managed to win, before the transport losses ruined me.

Edited by Sandermatt
Providing more information.