Game-Labs Forum

AI still controls ships even when disabled?

Spitfire_97

Obviously direction control is left to the player just fine, but why is there no option to disable AI speed control? So many times I've been charging a division of DDs towards an enemy BB and as the DDs get within a km of each other they cut all power to the shafts and coast to a stop, right in front of the enemy guns at point blank range...

The remedy is to move the rudder hard over and point the DD far enough away from any other vessel that the engines restart, taking the DD out of line and parading it in front of the enemies casemates. Another remedy is to space out your ships far enough that even when coordinating turns the vessels never cross paths even several km down the line, restricting the manoeuvring options for vessels in the middle of a line abreast formation to basically nil.

Of course, the easiest remedy of all would be to actually give the player manual control when they ask for manual control... [insert exasperated "I can't believe I'm having to explain this basic concept" comment here]

• Like 2