Game-Labs Forum

Our? overall not so short(but eventually complete) feedback list on all gameplay elements

Kraut

Welcome back.

First i want to thank the ppl who read and liked my posts for their moral support.😃

Second i want to create a collection thread for all our feedback to give  us and the devs an easy overview about what are the hot topics around the game.

My idea was as follows:

I will shorten down my feedback points to a few words, maximum a sentence. the goal is that one Talking Point does not take up more than one line of text.

When i created my original post, i was aware that it was to much of a wall of text to be properly readable. thx again for those who still did it :)

Edit 19.01.2022: since there is already a "Big List" of feedback for the ship designer itself, i will cut on my points that were already made in the past and link

the feedback list for the shipdesigner under the segment "Shipdesigner".

I wonder though, why are there no own threads for the other gameplay parts of the game like the battles or for the recently added campaign?

I think, that overviews and summaries of frequently disussed feedback topics are nessarry to keep track of things, but it seems, that apart from a few ppl beeing concerned with the 

ship designer thats not the case for many other ppl? What i wonder the most is, that the devs themselves havent installed such threads, since they would profit the most from

a time efficient scanning of an overview list of all the feedback to a certain topic (or the whole game). Maybe we should split up the feedback gathered here on multiple threads too? 

Anyone else can post feedback in this  thread my original list does not cover and i will implement them in the first post of this thread.

The last Step would be to create a permanent poll about all Talking Points wich shall indicate, wich topics are the hottest, the ones that the player base are most concerned with.

Im looking forward to ur participation :) and ur feedback on my proposal. Make Ultimate Admiral great Again... or... for the first time!  😜

I also propose to create pinned threads for certain topics like ... Torpedoes! to gather and focus all our feedback and opinions there giving us and the devs a better grip on the pressing issues.

End of Introduction. More Detailed Feedback / thoughts to my points can be found here: 

Feedback-List. Beeing updated with your Posts in this thread.

Graphics 

- Increase ship size / object size in relation to the players perspective to match realworld size scaling ( no toys in giant bath tubes anymore pls)

Ship Designer

an already big list of ship designer feedback can be found here:

- Pls Remove any Requirements regarding Hulls / Roles about Towers/Armament etc. to allow complete freedom for the players design choices / ideas

- pls remove obstructions for placing superfiring barbettes on certain hulls / positions etc.

- in general pls remove as much restrictions as possible to give them players teh freedom to express their design ideas

- Pls switch out the displacement slider by sliders for the key dimensions of a ship (length, width. height)

- Pls make Towers / Superstructure sie and weight scale with the Size and weight of a Hull

- Pls give equipment absolute weight and cost values instead of relative ones bound to the Tower stats

- Pls introduce real / possible ahistoric engines instead of just engine types. That creates more Research possiblities and provides more educational content.

- if u decide to stick to the current layout, pls fix up the values of the engine typs, cause they are not quiet right atm (18.01.2022, patch 1.03)

- Pls overwork Funnel Capacities. The Capacity per Weight of a Funnel should always increase with the size of  a Funnel, not decrease or suddenly jump up high

- Pls Correct the Barbette tooltip and add either add "superfiring" to the barbette section or switch out barbette with superfiring position/mount

- Pls fix weight and weight of armour of casemate / underwater torpedo-systems. atm they are to heavy( 18.01.2022, patch 1.03)

Battles

- (BUG) ships ignore movement orders when to close to each other resulting in collision instead of preventing it 

- pls give the player the full control over speeding up time over all battle distances (maybe except for x30 since that maybe unbearable for most machines / game engine)

- bigger ships should have also a horizontal bulkhead sceme (otherwise listing to sides wont make much sense in the game)

- pls correct the tooltip/ loading screen tip about flooding

- pls overhaul / overwork flooding so it actually matches realworld experiences and therefore the players(or just mine??) expectations

- shooting / targeting should be affected by listing of the ship. a gun  thats pointing into the ocean or up high should not be able to land hits on its target in usual combat situations

- pls introduce abandoning ships / ships going silent, when for example beeing on fire over the whole lenght of the ship etc.

- pls introduce taking ships as prize / the need of towing them to port incase of severe dmg/ engines out

- maybe introduce the rescuing of humans from sinking ships if the ship leaves any survivors

- AI is still incompetent at calculating fleet strength and situational awareness leading to easy and huge victories in battles making campaigns extremely short due to VPs

- pls let torpedos be fired freely / at will at any range and angle to allow for a correct use of that weapons system and the creating of proper torpedo fans over all ranges

- pls fix torpedo-ranges. The Torpedo-Range determines its maximum travel distance due to fuel/air(gas mixture)/power storage and not an aiming range

- pls also fix torpedo ranges regarding their propulsion system and speed

- pls overwork torpedodmg and the dmg calculation of said dmg regarding the existence of torpedoprotection and the kind of T-Protection

- pls make ships automatically dodge / attempt to dodge torpedoes

- and or constantly highlight spotted torpedoes so the player busy commanding multiple ships doesnt miss those and can actually react without pausing the game every 10 secs

- pls fix the detach / attach  behavior when multiple ships are select ( detach shall always mean and result in detachment, not random attachment)

- pls add a shortcut for "select all ships by type"

- pls add control groups (CTRL+Number) asap

- pls reduce the amount of information about enemy ships and their status regarding ammo/ reload / dmg etc. that is available to the player. Especially the information bout torpedo reloading leads to the possible abuse of "detecting" torpedoes without beeing able to do so

- Ammunition explosions shall increase in dmg potential so that actually the magazine explosion of a main turret rips apart a ship and becomes the significant and terrible even that it

is in reality

- pls give indication of the reload of the indiviudal turrets / torpedo racks

- pls show the penetrating capability of HE-Grenades instead of just saying "Minimum-penetration"

- pls clearify what kind of HE-Grenades are fired. Atm they seem to be Bottom-fused, to make sure they explode after a penetration/ partial pen. if thats so, they should also richochet on high angles instead of exploding on hit like a head fused grenade would do almost regardless of the impact angle

- edit(always forget that): ships high/slow speed should be depending on actual speed in knots instead of the Throttle/ Lever Position of the targeted ship. A ship with a constructional top speed of 17 knots is not moving at high speeds ... 😕

- edit: CPU target priority should be overhauled. Instead of trying to attack / sink a dmg ship of the player it should focus on the ships closest to its own ships aka best hit chance and than wich poses the highest threat, than wich is easierst / fastes to kill.

Battle / Designer

- pls introduce projectiles as ingame objects and make them really penetrate and dmg internals instead of calculating that in excel tables

- pls introduce all major components of a battleship as objects in a game so they can actually be hit / dmg after a penetration / by fire / flooding

- maybe introduce the distinction between bottom and head fused grenades to give player the choice of maximixing dmg after a penetration with less penetration power or

with explosion on hit capabilities to inflict atleast a bit dmg instead of none due to richochet / non pen.

Campaign

- pls remove the display of all enemy ships participating in a battle before that battle and before them beeing identified

- pls reduces the amount of missions / battles taking place and / or switch from monthly to 3 monthly turns ( so we can actually research, create new designs and build those too)

- pls overhaull the distribution of VPs according to the actual overall fleet size, funds and building capacity of a Nation / State

- pls add goals to campaigns and those shall affect the effort a Nation / State is willing to make and how much losses to take

- creating flotillas / groups of ships and setting them up for regions / mission types has to be a thing

- pls give Mothballing its own button instead of hiding it behind the "set the crew" function

- Increase shipyard building speed according to other changes u make to the campaign so building bigger warships later one actually becomes a thing

- why does peace time in a campaign does not exist from the beginning?

- BUG? the game peaces me out after turning done the ask for peace several times. Is that intentional?

- Give more informations in the Campaign screen about what is going on;

- how much transports are 100% ?

- permanently display the tonnages and power projection of the own and the enemies fleets and not only when a blocade is taking place

- Make Naval Intelligence a thing so we have atleast a rough estimate of how effective ecomonic warfare is or what the capabilities of the enemies are

- there needs to be a tab where information bout identified / known enemy ships is stored

- Research should be diviced stronger in sections and each section should have its focus points

- Seperate between private Research and State Research

- BUG ? why are ships moved to random harbours in the baltic Sea ( furthest away from the enemy? ) turn that off pls. 

- pls add the feature to slow down / speed up / hault repairs to control the repair costs / process

- ships beeing repaired shall not take part in operations unless the CPU / Player dliberatly decides to do so

- damaged and ships in repair shall not add to the power projection / Blocade tonnage or, if they do, only to a certain degree that needs to be determined

- pls vastly increase the size of the eventlog and allow the player top back track it ( store the info in its own tab for example)

- pls overwork the tooltip for ships within the designer and campaign screens so all the campaign and combat important information are shown (e.g. RANGE! TURNING CIRLCE, E.EFF,..)

- the most vital campaign informations shall be displayed on all campaign tabs all the time

- Why is economic growth not a thing yet? (18.01.2022 patch 1.03)

- the economic effect of a blocade musst be delayed and musst build up over time

- make repairing transports a thing so dmg them in a battle has an effect

Battle / Campaign

- when a ship was identified in a battle, in shall be identified quicker in future battles.

Best Regards,

Kraut

Edited by Kraut
  • Like 2