Game-Labs Forum

Ships randomly fails to turn and or completely freezes in place

Just bought UAD today, been playing for a couple of hours and noticed a reoccurring bug where my ships can at random fail to change directions and or freeze in place for no apparent reason. Can be stupid broken trying to micro 4 ships and realize all to late your screen element you sent to ward off the dds is frozen and not coming to help. Looked to see if this was reported already didn't see anything. Saw this happen alot........

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I would like to bump this as it happens to me all the time and has cost me the loss of several ships.

I believe there are three separate bugs in this.

I am playing version 1.4 so not sure if this has been addressed in the 1.5 beta.

#1. When you tell a ship to turn by clicking the path shows but ship will not turn even if in open waters. The work around is manual control of the rudder but it is still frustrating and I have taken a few torpedoes due to this and a ship collision of two.

#2. Engine shuts down for no reason. Ship is not hit, there is no mechanical failure symbol I will just see that even though speed is set at 22 knots (for example) the ship will be losing speed all the way to 0 knots. Adding the ship to a group and then removing it sometime makes it work again but this is even more frustrating then the turning bug. I had a 18 knot BB and a 22 knot CL chasing a damaged CA that was going after my transports at 11.2 knots.  It took me over 30 minutes time at 1X to close the gap from 3.5km down to under 1km due the to engines on the CL & BB shutting down over and over again. 

#3. Guns stopping. This one happens less often but I will notice one of my ships has stopped firing with no apparent cause. There isn't another friendly anywhere near it where it may have held fire to avoid friendly fire. The work around has been to turn the turrets off and back on and/or switch targets to wake the guns back up. I have missed a couple good broadside opportunities due to this bug.

Maybe not a bug but a feature that should be added.

When a turret or torpedo firing is turned off the mount should still track the target.

Lining up a torpedo run only to find out the launcher is facing the other side of the ship due to firing being turned off stinks.