Game-Labs Forum

Campaign game lost on power loss

Gregg

Was playing the stock 1890 campaign game, made it to November 1890 doing well as the Germans, having lost only 1 CL and 2 TB so far. Was in the early stages of a "Naval Battle"  and had the game on pause, and the screen collapsed overnight. While I was sleeping, we has a total power failure to my housing development, when a DUI hit a power pole at the back entrance to the subdivision. The power was out for about three hours according to our local power company. The UPS worked, but the battery died after 40 minutes or so. Next morning I fired up the computer, and when I got back to the Campaign Game that evening, the in progress Campaign Game was totally gone. When starting Admirals back up, it did down load a number of patches.

So, it appears there is no "auto save" for the Campaign Game, and I could find no way to manually save the game. So, I'm now out of almost two weeks of playing the game. How do I prevent losing the game again? I only lost 10 months this time, but I would really be upset if I had just lost many years.

Edited by Gregg

Surprised there has been no response from anyone.

Thus I must be correct, there is no save feature on the campaign.

If so, that needs to be corrected ASAP with a patch.

Expecting people to invest many, many hours in a compain, that can be lost with a power failure shutting down your computer, is asking a lot of us players by the game developers.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Surprised there has been no response from anyone.

Thus I must be correct, there is no save feature on the campaign.

If so, that needs to be corrected ASAP with a patch.

Expecting people to invest many, many hours in a compain, that can be lost with a power failure shutting down your computer, is asking a lot of us players by the game developers.

There was an update on the 4th, it did wiped clean some player's campaigns but if you had unlock any decades then they would still be available. Save feature still works on new campaigns.

• Thanks 1

No, it was the computer shutting down suddenly on the 10th, that lost the inprogress campaign.

I started a new campaign on the 12th, and I'm currently in April 1890.

If the save feature still is working, I can not find how to access the save while in a compaige.

Please list the steps and where to look for the save feature in the campaign.

Save does not work as it did in the custom battles.

• 2 weeks later...

I can attest that this issue is still present with the 1.01 Update. The game crashes for me when doing the challenge missions. I'm able to design a ship but the moment I hit start for the battle, My PC shuts off & reboots every time. 

Ryzen 5900HX 

Radeon 6800M

32 GB RAM @ 3200 MHz

So, the question remains: Where is the save feature in the Campaign?

I have a feeling, there is no save feature in the campaign.

If that is so, a save feature needs to be added, like every time you hit the "End Month" button as a minimum. A save at any time during a battle would also be nice to have. Many of us, do not play this game 12 hours every day. Myself, I'm lucky if I get an hour or a hour and a half every evening to play.

With out this save feature, no one will be willing to seriously play the campaign, as you can not shutdown or restart your computer without losing everything.

Right now I have a Microsoft Windows 10 Update that is demanding a restart, and I have to manually reset the restart too late the next day to prevent losing the 1900 campaign I'm now playing. If I forget to reset the restart time, and the computer automatically reboots, I'll lose 7 months of my current 1900 campaign.