Game-Labs Forum

Ships changing lead in battle line

korvre

I've noticed when a ship takes some damage when it's the lead in a battle line it will switch to following and control goes to the one behind it, how do I prevent this, also placing turrets is mirrored, is there a mirror for removing them as well?

I generally put each ship in it's own group to prevent the AI from screwing up my battle plans - yes, in larger engagements, this means micromanagement hell. I have used the Auto-Resolve function for those, where forces were at least similar for that reason. Not ideal, but well....

If you put mirrored turrets on a ship, right clicking on one of them should remove the other one as well.

If you move one of them around, however, that doesn't work anymore.

19 hours ago, korvre said:

I've noticed when a ship takes some damage when it's the lead in a battle line it will switch to following and control goes to the one behind it, how do I prevent this, also placing turrets is mirrored, is there a mirror for removing them as well?

9 hours ago, Danelin Aruna said:

the only time a ship should break its place in formation is if it cant continue, or has serious engine trouble. they fall out of the line of battle way to easy imho.

I've generally only noticed this happening when the lead ship has rudder or engine issues. They swing out of formation and cede the lead to the next ship in line. Personally I don't have an issue with this, but I have no idea how to turn it off, assuming that's even possible. I would say for now, even if not ideal, just make them all their own formations and use the "follow" command instead.

On 12/8/2021 at 9:37 AM, Littorio said:

I've generally only noticed this happening when the lead ship has rudder or engine issues. They swing out of formation and cede the lead to the next ship in line. Personally I don't have an issue with this, but I have no idea how to turn it off, assuming that's even possible. I would say for now, even if not ideal, just make them all their own formations and use the "follow" command instead.

good to know, ill try that

On 12/8/2021 at 2:35 AM, Danelin Aruna said:

the only time a ship should break its place in formation is if it cant continue, or has serious engine trouble. they fall out of the line of battle way to easy imho.

It used to take more damage, but lately I've noticed it changes lead at the slightest damage.