Game-Labs Forum

[Important] Steam keys distribution

Nick Thomadis

Dear Admirals,

We would like to share information about the distribution of Steam Keys of Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts to all pre-order backers who purchased the game via Xsolla store on our website. 

There are two new changes on Steam rules which we must follow. The first one is that the keys can only be distributed to you only after the game goes live and is playable on Steam. The second change is that we can no longer order a full batch of keys in one go and have to order the keys in smaller batches that are delivered after the game goes live, as mentioned.

Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts is planned to be released on Steam this week and so we estimate that we need about 4 weeks to distribute all the keys to you gradually. We have already received the first large batch of keys from Steam and are waiting for 3 more batches to be delivered (Steam delivers 1 batch a week). 

We want to assure you that your Steam keys will be granted as promised and while we are delivering them the Xsolla launcher version will be FULLY supported with all the new content and have the same version as on Steam until all keys are distributed. 

Thank you again for all the support, feedback and patience. 
On behalf of Game Labs,
Nick Thomadis

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

Hey, I've been waiting for a steam release to get Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts, just wondering if there's a particular day this week that it's expected to come out this week? I'm very hyped for it and would just like to know how it'll fit with my work schedule this week.

4 hours ago, Lastreaumont said:

I purchased the game directly on your website. Does that mean I'll have to get entangled with this sh.t of Steam when I'd like to play, instead of only our actual launcher? 

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Steam either and while I'd love GOG as a release platform, I would prefer the current system over Steam every day of the week as well.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, The_Real_Hawkeye said:

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Steam either and while I'd love GOG as a release platform, I would prefer the current system over Steam every day of the week as well.

Agreed. I am trying to get away from their monopoly if possible...granted without much success but hey...

And yeah this seems a bit weird. The campaign needs more polishing before release on Steam. Unless they have a truly huge patch they have been hiding this will get eaten alive...

6 hours ago, T_the_ferret said:

Wait, this week? It'll be released already there?

Edited by Littorio

Going by the devs previous statements and the game’s steam page it is going into Steam’s early access program - not a full retail release. Going by that standard UAD is in a fine position. Perhaps game labs will consider selling the game on other stores once the game is ‘finished’.

• Like 2

On 12/7/2021 at 1:58 AM, Littorio said:

Agreed. I am trying to get away from their monopoly if possible...granted without much success but hey...

>What is GOG, Epic Games, EA Launcher, Ubisoft Launcher, etc?...

Steam's the largest for pretty obvious reasons however. Also curiously the least morally questionable. Not to say they're 100% innocent however.

I would rather have it on GOG too, if they do so need a platform to attract a bigger player base.

At least with GOG you have the option to download and play without a platform launcher, so you can play offline and it´s always yours. Steam doesn't care much for there customers, we all now that, and honestly, If ever Steam was to fall, I really doubt they would stand up to there customers. More like they would be behind a wall of small text and lawyers so as to be acquitted.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RedOneAlpha said:

I would rather have it on GOG too, if they do so need a platform to attract a bigger player base.

At least with GOG you have the option to download and play without a platform launcher, so you can play offline and it´s always yours. Steam doesn't care much for there customers, we all now that, and honestly, If ever Steam was to fall, I really doubt they would stand up to there customers. More like they would be behind a wall of small text and lawyers so as to be acquitted.

A lot of Steam games can be run and installed offline lmao. By the way, the Steam DRM is added by the developers/publishers, not Steam.

I hate this argument of 'GOG is DRM free'! 

You're right, it is...But it ain't Steam who's adding their own DRM!

27 minutes ago, ThatZenoGuy said:

A lot of Steam games can be run and installed offline lmao. By the way, the Steam DRM is added by the developers/publishers, not Steam.

If you hate it, then why are you getting into the argument?

Sure you can play your Steam games in offline mode, but you need to turn that option on while your online first! And no Steamworks doesn't add the DRM, Steam adds the app/launcher.  You said it, a lot, not all and do people even know when they buy a Steam game if it´s DRM free? I doubt it.

Some of us have been in this for more then 25 years, and NO we didn´t have even a 10% of the games we bought with any type of DRM. So for some of us, we would rather it be as it used to be.  If you don´t like other peoples opinion, don´t read them and carry on, easy as that...

59 minutes ago, ThatZenoGuy said:

And also why GOG is struggling. 

9 hours ago, ThatZenoGuy said:

>What is GOG, Epic Games, EA Launcher, Ubisoft Launcher, etc?...

Steam's the largest for pretty obvious reasons however. Also curiously the least morally questionable. Not to say they're 100% innocent however.

I really want to support GOG more but a lot of the same titles on there aren't updated to the same degree Steam's are. Though obviously for old games that you can't find discs for, GOG is the #1 choice. Epic still makes me a little wary with their Chinese connections. EA is obviously one of the worst companies and I have tried Origin and it's launcher, which sucks. Ubisoft is another company like EA that was good 15-20 years ago but is now a giant conglomerate of garbage pumping out massed-produced shit. Just look at the Assassin's Creed franchise...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Grizli60rus said:

Thank you, this is great news! I have a Steam, but do I have to link my account with it? Will there be any difference in the future: to launch the game via steam or via UAD LAUNCHER?

I am not sure but with a Steam key it should load and run like any other Steam game.

8 hours ago, Darth Khyron said:

I am not on Steam, will I be able to continue using the launcher?

Getting on Steam with an account is free, so get one setup and you will be ready . 

I myself really like Steam I got on Steam just a few days after it came online and it has been great ! I still have access to all the game I bought from the beginning and can download and one and play. You don't lose games .