Game-Labs Forum

A small suggestion, allow players to choose all time compression in all situations

MyTeitoku

I have played both nations from 1890 to 1930. Very good, and I put my full trust in Dev's ability to polish it even better.

Just one big QoL issue: please allow the players compress time at players' will. Sometimes I just wanna chase the enemy, and they are not spotted. I just, sit idle irl. Very boring, very tedious.

Or sometimes the enemy is kiting me but my ships are winning anyway, firing at the enemy without any of my intervention, and I know, as a fact, the enemy will be sunken. And I just, sit idle irl. Very boring, very tedious.

So could you please allow players to choose time compression at will? Just change the time compression once, when the enemy enters the certain ranges, then allow players to change?

• Like 11

On 12/2/2021 at 12:54 AM, akd said:

Time compression at will, no restrictions, but a menu for events that drop time compression (and set these by default to "don't die stupidly" selections that the player can alter if they wish).

+1 for this! Command: Modern Operations has this and I always have it set to pause the game when submarines or missiles are detected. It would have saved many of my ships when they detect a torpedo launch.

• Like 4

I agree. Time compression should be in full control of the player. Maybe some small smart moments of forced 1x or pauze could be added as a QoL thing, but in general the game should not prevent us from increasing the time compression when we want to. If the super high (30x) has issues in close fights then those should be an exception, but let us at least be able to use 5-10x when we want no matter how close the enemy is.

• 4 weeks later...