Game-Labs Forum

Siege of Suffolk-Legendary,Union

Fenian98

Hi All,

So,Im on the Siege of Suffolk on Legendary and am getting absolutely hammered. The CSA consists of 2950k regiments who just blitz me at the beginning,my regiments are maxed at 2K shouldnt the scaling pick up on this? I have 3 Corps and they are all full up,could this be affecting the scaling? I've gone in with 3 cannon,2cannon....havnt tried 1 or none but ya definitely need cannon for those numbers

Also,Ive never downloaded a mod for this game,should I? Does it improve the game graphics wise or scaling etc?

Thanking you in advance for your advice.

3 hours ago, Fenian98 said:

Hi All,

So,Im on the Siege of Suffolk on Legendary and am getting absolutely hammered. The CSA consists of 2950k regiments who just blitz me at the beginning,my regiments are maxed at 2K shouldnt the scaling pick up on this? I have 3 Corps and they are all full up,could this be affecting the scaling? I've gone in with 3 cannon,2cannon....havnt tried 1 or none but ya definitely need cannon for those numbers

Also,Ive never downloaded a mod for this game,should I? Does it improve the game graphics wise or scaling etc?

Thanking you in advance for your advice.

You know you can increase the number and size of your corps with Army Organization Career Points?

On 11/29/2021 at 5:01 PM, GUOLJa said:

You know you can increase the number and size of your corps with Army Organization Career Points?

I do indeed but I wanted to keep the numbers down as I thought scaling was a factor.......that went out the window with the mauling I got haha. I've gotten some good advice from "Requiem Archer" about keeping the enemy manpower down. Ive never played with a mod before so I'm going to download one and start all over again,shur it'll be the craic :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2021 at 2:37 PM, Fenian98 said:

Hi All,So,Im on the Siege of Suffolk on Legendary and am getting absolutely hammered. The CSA consists of 2950k regiments who just blitz me at the beginning,my regiments are maxed at 2K shouldnt the scaling pick up on this?

There are certain points, in each campaign, which will see a minimum force for which you must defeat. It's not scaling per se, it is simply, the minimum force the confederates or yanks will bring to a battle.

The Siege of Suffolk is a tough battle. Here is how I played it in my legendary campaign (which I completed):