Game-Labs Forum

Instant Way to make ammo and shell choice better (Not Clickbait)

Double, triple or heck quadruple base accuracy bonuses given by propellant and shell weight

Right now light shells and choices like tube powder aren't nearly as worth it as options that simply increase your range. Shell customization should be a sliding scale of "how accurate do i want my shell vs how hard and how far can they punch" but since the game released pretty much range has much more of a tie into accuracy than base accuracy does, where you have that extremely weird situation where choices increasing range but decreasing base accuracy actually buff your accuracy because of how range calculation works, while the reverse decreases it instead.

There's many other components like it that could be fixed easily too

Edit: Oh also stop making it so the bigger the gun the more accurate it is. I know its true to a sense, but its taken to an extreme in the game

Edited by T_the_ferret
  • Sad 1
10 hours ago, T_the_ferret said:

Shell customization should be a sliding scale of "how accurate do i want my shell vs how hard and how far can they punch" 

Absolutely not? Outside of increasing mass, precision and range directly correlate with each other. Meanwhile, accuracy isn't a property that should ordinarily be affected by the guns or shells themselves.

Accuracy: what is my mean impact point?
Precision: how close together are my shot groups?

In other words, intrinsically long range guns that are imprecise are physically impossible as the properties that give them long range increase accuracy at the same time. Leave that concept with WoWS.

Also, in the past there have been calls to introduce upgraded rangefinding equipment to affect gun accuracy.

• Like 3

Ok so basically you guys still want the same system where stuff that doesn't increase range is useless vs modules that don't? 

7 hours ago, PainGod said:

Absolutely not? Outside of increasing mass, precision and range directly correlate with each other. Meanwhile, accuracy isn't a property that should ordinarily be affected by the guns or shells themselves.

Accuracy: what is my mean impact point?
Precision: how close together are my shot groups?

In other words, intrinsically long range guns that are imprecise are physically impossible as the properties that give them long range increase accuracy at the same time. Leave that concept with WoWS.

Also, in the past there have been calls to introduce upgraded rangefinding equipment to affect gun accuracy.

Ok so just remove base accuracy bonuses at this point as well as modules that don't increase range, because nobody uses them. This isn't IRL, the game has nothing close to realistic about it. At least make it good gameplay and have every module do something worth it

4 hours ago, Commander Reed said:

Lmao. Yes, navies definitely employed sliders which determined how accurate it was at hitting targets. Definitely was not down to good targeting and calculation from the crew, nope, DEFINITELY NOT.

Go back to world of warships, kid.

Lmao, everything in this game is already a slider. Range = precision so everything that doesn't increase it or even reduces it just makes the already garbage accuracy much worse. "Go back to world of warship" isn't a cope excuse when you try to tell me this game isn't a slider designer already anyway. If you guys want to keep the useless modules and secondaries go right ahead but i'd like stuff that's in the game to have a purpose, please.

I'm not even talking long range accuracy, and you guys know that. Having less range somehow making it so you get -7% to hit at 1km when you already get super low chance is a horrible mechanic, and the biggest influencer being crew (that doesn't matter in custom because everyone maxes it out except when they set arbitrary restrictions on themselves) just makes the process have even less importance.

Edited by T_the_ferret
  • Like 1

Oh also you can whine as much as you want telling me "go back to wow" (massive stupidity that keeps going on in this forum for some reason) but having modules say they decrease accuracy when actually they increase it because base accuracy is nothing compared to range which boosts accuracy at all range for some reason is bad game design.

• Like 1