Game-Labs Forum

>>>Core Patch 1.0 Feedback<<<

Nick Thomadis

Great to see V0.1 of the campaign. Sure it will be great, but not really a playable game at the moment is it? I'm not griping, just observing. 

What strategic decisions does the player have at the moment? You can set the budget, you can build ships, aaaaannnndddd you can change their status from 'fleet in being' to 'sea control'. That's it? I can understand the devs have felt they needed to give some meat to the baying crowd of hungry dreadheads in this forum, but probably a little early to release this build seems to me. Again, I'm not angry or disappointed, I just hope the devs keep devving. 

A couple of other quick observations: 

- please get tool tips into the campaign UI asap

- please streamline multi-selection (for example changing from 'fleet in being' to 'sea control' etc

- please give estimated top speed of enemy vessels before combat begins (so you know if you have a realistic chance of running them down/escaping or not)

Keep going devs! Take as much time as you need and this game is gonna be incredible

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

A1leiDs.png

For some reason I have a big portion of my fleet mothballed. Not sure why... I have 5000 crew available for them and all these port have the space for them. In the main time I am loosing the transport war... again.

Choose the option "set crew" and add crew to the ship(s)

• Like 1

The issue I had was that I had 5000 crew in bank and these ship were not filling up, even when playing with the crew slider. I think I found the cause and I may be able to reproduce it. It seem to happen when the ship are build and that there is 0 crew available.

Edited by RedParadize
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RedParadize said:

The issue I had was that I had 5000 crew in bank and these ship were not filling up, even when playing with the crew slider. I think I found the cause and I may be able to reproduce it. It seem to happen when the ship are build and that there is 0 crew available.

In that case you need to reduce the crew of other ships or scrap those ships, in order to use their crew for your newly built ships. Crew is a valuable, limited resource.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So far what I've learned in my limited time playing, is that playing as Germany using the Jeune Ecole method early on is great for getting a leg up over Britian, as in one mission I sunk a battleship + heavy cruiser with like a single torpedo boat that had like only 4 torpedoes, and with a mission where I had 4 heavy cruisers vs 4 heavy cruisers, gunnery only vessels really did not cut it. Though I'll see later on when I start a new campaign and go full on Jeune Ecole.

• Like 1

Just now, Nick Thomadis said:

In that case you need to reduce the crew of other ships or scrap those ships, in order to use their crew for your newly built ships. Crew is a valuable, limited resource.

I made sure that there was always enough crew to fill up newly build ship. If its a bug its pretty contextual. I would like to confirm it first, but on the other hand you may have tools to do it quicker than me. So here it goes, to reproduce:

1:Have a low crew bank.
2:Have many ship rolling out at the same month.
3:Wait for the crew bank to go up.
4:Try to fill manually and/or with the add crew box.

20 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

The new update which includes the early test campaign is finally available!
Read a brief guide on how to play and all the details of the patch in our official blog:

https://www.dreadnoughts.ultimateadmiral.com/post/the-first-campaign-version

Nick: Here's a detailed list of our corepatch including new additions, campaig dynamics and the early version of the campaign map. Detailed in a relatively long blog post....

Me: YEEEEEEESSSSS!

Edited by Warbie

It seems that I have the exactly same issue. After the patch has been applied, my Naval Academy missions have been reset. And I had a pop-up screen telling me to complete at least 3 in order to unlock the campaign.

19 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

This should not happen normally. There was no preference from our side to reset mission progress. None of our testers reported such an issue either. Did you have a long time to play/unlock missions?

Untitled.jpg

9 hours ago, davidt_man said:

I thought we could pick the time period we wished to start in. The game is forcing me to start in 1890.  I absolutely hate pre dreadnaughts.

I made an account just to reiterate this. Please let us skip the early years. Maybe I'm not hardcore enough but the 1890 gameplay is absolutely 0 fun for me.

Accuracy is appalingly bad even at point blank range, battles take forever, and even when you get a hit the enemy can repair flood damage faster than they take it. When the enemy ships are damaged they turn tight circles at 0.5 knots so that my ships, which cant go faster than 20 anyway, always have to shoot at high angles forcing the already infrequent hits to be ricochets or ineffective. Inevitably one has to close to within a km on these tail turning ships in order to have any chance of hitting, at which point the AI will reshuffle your own damaged ships or steer them to avoid collisions or whatever and inevitably drives them right into enemy torpedoes.

There's plenty of fun to be had with this game but sitting through these frustrating & uninteresting battles is not it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mutsu said:

I'm liking the campaign so far, everything seems to be working pretty well.

My only issue has been the end turn times become absurdly along just a few years into the campaign. 

I'm having this problem too. 15-20 turns in and the end turn times abruptly skyrocket. Closing and reopening the game fixes that though, which makes me think this might be a game memory issue.

Very noice lads, now begins the slow crawl to making this game as good as possible. I wonder whats next? Will we get 3 core alpha patches anyways? I guess it would be a good way to sort out still pending, but very important mechanics and details that didn't arrive in the previous two core patches.

There is a new update just uploaded. Restart the game client to update.

Hotfix Update (25/11/2021)

- Fixed several bugs that could cause game crashes in campaign.
- Fixed issue with scrap that could give too much money.
- Fixed bug of crew losses calculations.
- Fixed a lag issue in ship design process. Ship design interface should now run smoother.

- Campaign can be played now without needing 3 Naval Academy Battles won.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On a side note, 

If you have problems getting the new engines or other components in Custom Battle/Naval Academy, it is probably because the saved design has been corrupted and you need to delete it.

You can manually delete ship designs via the game interface, exit and re-enter the Ship Design 

OR 

Delete old save files. You need to go to this directory:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts
image.png

and delete the files:

custom_battle_data.json

mission_data.json

• Like 3

In the campaign I've noticed that I can't delete some ship designs, while I can delete others, when there is no ship building or in service of that ship class type.  Also, it would be nice to mark a design as obsolete where the design isn't deleted (and ships of that class can still be used), but hidden from the menu to build/design ships just to declutter it.   Similar to the "Show Obsolete Equipment" button in HoI4.

Thus far I love the campaign, was shocked with that "Torpedo boat ambush" event happened to one of my BBs, somehow it managed to escape the battle with 2 torpedo hits, despite it being an auto-designed ship from 1890.

Edited by bwc153