Game-Labs Forum

>>>Core Patch 1.0 Feedback<<<

Nick Thomadis

1 hour ago, SpardaSon21 said:

As I'm sure you're aware, long-range shots have an uneven distribution along the axis of firing, so angle of approach should be taken into account, with a ship steaming right at you more likely to generate hits than one angled or broadside.

For sure, in the field artillery it looks like this 

5B9E4D17-BC1D-4183-8A0C-B963DB38336F.gif
You can see that most significant errors are errors of range, even if you are accurate and consistent. Accuracy “simply” (lol) consists of superimposing that elliptical pattern so that the MPI is on target. 

Again for the field artillery, but if you look at predicted errors firing on the map (unobserved, indirect fire), you can see that the bulk of errors will also be ranging errors, stretching out that oval, or moving the MPI long or short of the target coordinate.

06978DCC-2AE9-4A31-B0C4-5BFA29ADC4E2.gif

The wrinkle for naval guns is of course that this is all happening on the move, on a moving target, lol but even more than that, offset between turrets and blast dispersion. Needless to say, prior to good radars, firing unobserved was out of the question. 

If I recall, directors designate point targets, they don’t plot linear fires or other complex fireplans, so even if you were running on a course exactly parallel to your target, your fires are only ever going to be 90 degrees to them. 

Which makes sense. Trying to work out the convergence so that you fire bow to stern - besides being just about impossible even with modern fire control kit - would just mean more errors. 

Am I engaging with what you were saying, or did you mean something else? I can speak about Commonwealth artillery all day, and I’ve read up on the naval stuff, but it’s not always 1:1, so if I misread you, just help me “adjust on”.

Edited by DougToss

1 hour ago, Max_22 said:

Am I missing something or is it still a bug?

Same problem. Beat the 1890 campaign for both but can't unlock anything. Given the limited development during that period, it is kind of a downer to no be able to move on.

Edited by Iuvenalis

Is anyone else experiencing the inability to scrap ship designs? I've deleted literally every ship related to that class, and even went as far as deleting every design within that class - yet you still cannot delete the design. 

I've reported it as a bug, but I'm not 100% sure. Anyone else experience it?

Anyone else having the issue of losing crew in a battle, where there is no contact with the enemy. seems even without making contact with any enemy ships, a few people died on each of my ships

One fight, a battleship, lost 116 crew before Id even seen the enemy

Adding to this, another fight, I had the same fleet setup(2 battleships) the first one in the line, in each battle lost 4 crew with no reason and the second lost the aforementioned 116 number. This was before any enemy had been spotted with no damage taken

Edited by beepboop6
added more information

1 hour ago, beepboop6 said:

Anyone else having the issue of losing crew in a battle, where there is no contact with the enemy. seems even without making contact with any enemy ships, a few people died on each of my ships

It would be great if there was a trickle of operational and training casualties on the campaign layer, but short of a fire breaking out of something, 116 is extremely excessive, for sure, especially in the tactical layer.

Although with how fast and loose the Royal Navy played with safety, You’d be surprised.

Plymouth 372,399tt is assigned to the English Channel but so is Portsmouth 303,799tt, Barry only has 29,399tt and is the only port assigned to the North Atlantic. Other ports close by or bordering the Atlantic are assigned to the Irish Sea, including Cork.

Shouldn't Plymouth be assigned to the North Atlantic? It's a big ocean!

Edited by Skeksis

5 hours ago, beepboop6 said:

Adding to this, another fight, I had the same fleet setup(2 battleships) the first one in the line, in each battle lost 4 crew with no reason and the second lost the aforementioned 116 number. This was before any enemy had been spotted with no damage taken

I had the same happen to me but I belive that is the game remebering that the crew of the ship wasn't full stuff before battle.

Fun fact: if the crew is 0% a ship doesn't sink.

Why Do I know that? Because an enemy cruiser had 0% crew during a battle.

Why did it had 0%? because I already sunk it in a mission before in the same turn (I reported the bug and this only happend once to me)

• Like 1

btw, can we have an "eternal war" option which allows us to fight even after we won the first war?

maybe with just a 6-12 month peace period (maybe give the losing side a bit of a money buff to rebuild because its a one vs one) and then automatic next war?

I feel this way we could see the transformations of fleets in the course of time better.

8 hours ago, Commander Reed said:

Is anyone else experiencing the inability to scrap ship designs? I've deleted literally every ship related to that class, and even went as far as deleting every design within that class - yet you still cannot delete the design. 

I've reported it as a bug, but I'm not 100% sure. Anyone else experience it?

Yes, same thing happens to me. It seems the moment you build one ship, the game can't tell if there was no more ships from that design in game. (if they are scrapped and probaly the same thing can happen if sunk) refusing to delete the unused design.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toby said:

@Nick Thomadis can you please tell me why when i unlock new ship hulls in the casmpaign am i  not able to build ships from those hulls? this seems toi be happening with every hotfix still so far and ive seen it on all start dates ive tried for the british (all upto 1920)

Is your shipyard large enough to fit the smallest version of the new hull?

33 minutes ago, The_Real_Hawkeye said:

Is your shipyard large enough to fit the smallest version of the new hull?

yes i have a shipyard that is large enough. i checked the hulls size in the custom scenario and it almost always (one hull uis the exception to the usual) says that the minimum hull size is within or even smaller in some hulls cases then the ones i already have/am able to build in my shipyards

Relating to all of our frustrated Auto-evade feedback (AKA why my ship stop)

I recently watched this documentary in partnership with Drachinifel where it specifically mentions this happening to a destroyer group 9one stopped in tracks), and also to 2 Cruisers dodging some destroyers (veered left into the enemy to dodge collision).

So at least our frustrations also happened in real life! ...ha

a lot of the stuff in this battle feels familiar after playing this game recently, in fact. I hope we get Night fights someday. and Japanese Night Sights vs US Radar would be really interesting. Outside that, it feels this whole battle could have happened in game! right down to the torpedo tactics and shot focus I myself would have used as the Japanese right at the end there.
yey.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Faolind said:

a lot of the stuff in this battle feels familiar after playing this game recently, in fact. I hope we get Night fights someday

We already have night fights. It's just there are no visual + interesting mechanics other than you can't see the enemy pass a few km and your guns are very very inaccurate (at least for <=1910 techs).

10 hours ago, RedParadize said:

@Commander ReedIf you are referring to the campaign you need to delete them in the ship design tab, not in the editor.

Yes I know, I've deleted every ship of that class, and even went as far as deleting every design WITHIN that class. The delete button (not in the editor) does not light up, so I cant delete the design no matter how hard I try.

27 minutes ago, ColonelHenry said:

We already have night fights. It's just there are no visual + interesting mechanics other than you can't see the enemy pass a few km and your guns are very very inaccurate (at least for <=1910 techs).

Yeah we defo need improved visuals and sounds, so that they are more distinct and make the game look and feel more interesting. Hell even small variations between marks, propellant, type of fuel, engine type, gun size etc should produce different sounds and frequencies.

Like the sea, when it's very rough you barely notice the difference between rough or calm as it uses the same model bed for both.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, o Barão said:

Yes, same thing happens to me. It seems the moment you build one ship, the game can't tell if there was no more ships from that design in game. (if they are scrapped and probaly the same thing can happen if sunk) refusing to delete the unused design.

Okay thank you for the confirmation, I'm glad I sent in a bug report in that case.

1 minute ago, Cptbarney said:

Like the sea, when it's very rough you barely notice the difference between rough or calm as it uses the same model bed for both.

Please lol. I'd love to see ships struggling to get through the waves while trying to fight another ship at the same time. 🤣

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Yeah we defo need improved visuals and sounds, so that they are more distinct and make the game look and feel more interesting. Hell even small variations between marks, propellant, type of fuel, engine type, gun size etc should produce different sounds and frequencies.

I don't usually name other games on other games' official forums but I played War on the Sea and my god are the star shells fun. Man... I would kill to get that game visual presentation with this game ship building.

• Like 1