Game-Labs Forum

>>>Core Patch 1.0 Feedback<<<

Nick Thomadis

The new update which includes the early test campaign is finally available!
Read a brief guide on how to play and all the details of the patch in our official blog:

https://www.dreadnoughts.ultimateadmiral.com/post/the-first-campaign-version

Hotfix Update v92 (25/11/2021)

- Fixed several bugs that could cause game crashes in campaign.
- Fixed issue with scrap that could give too much money.
- Fixed bug of crew losses calculations.
- Fixed a lag issue in ship design process. Ship design interface should now run smoother.
- Campaign can be played now without needing 3 Naval Academy Battles won.

Hotfix Update v93 (27/11/2021)
- Fixed crash issue when we chose "Rebuild" during a custom battle.
- Fixed other crash issues.
- Fixed old issue with accuracy caused by angular velocity not estimated properly according to speed of ships. Accuracy should be now properly increased when firing at slow moving ships.

Hotfix Update v94 (29/11/2021) READ HERE
- Added movement of ships between ports. You can now select ships from each port and move them to other friendly ports (Work in Progress).
- Added mouse sensitivity options in the controls. Players who had issues scrolling the map can adjust this new setting to suit their needs.

- Improved Auto-Design to not accept ships with side instability. 
- Adjusted further the aiming of ships to be more consistent when focusing on a target persistently, especially at close range.
- You can now unlock the initial campaign years up to 1930 (fixed also a bug which caused the campaign years to unlock without winning).
- Increased AI aggressiveness in battle.
- Decreased average ship distance in divisions with Loose Spread (ships could have a very stretched out formation, reducing the cohesion needed for effective formations).
- Increased Germany Base income (often Germany started too weak).
- Slightly increased crew regeneration capacity, to support the construction of new ships for both player and AI.
- Slightly increased the XP bonus from ship combat performance.
- Power projection calculations improved so that the stronger fleet properly triggers a blockade.

Hotfix Update v95 (30/11/2021)
- Fixed bug that caused a game crash after moving in some ports.
- Fixed bug that made the campaign unlocking to work inconsistently.
- Fixed relationship update bug caused when a blockade was ceased.
- Fixed some other minor bugs.
- Aiming of guns fine tuning.
- AI aggressiveness increased (it is affected by aiming).
- Fixed issue with few money for own fleet creation after 1920.
- Fixed issue with mount snap points being too strict, causing errors to auto-design.

Hotfix Update v96 (3/12/2021)
- Fixed issue with wars ending too soon in late years of the campaign, due to very large VP given to the winner. VP now scales properly according to the technology era.
- Campaign mission generation should create more balanced missions, so that AI will not be prone to withdraw from them.
- Reduced the repair costs for ships in campaign, as they could overwhelm the economy of player and AI.
- Fixed AI issue making it too defensive in campaign.
- Auto-Design further optimization.
- Fixed bug that caused "Rebuild" to erase previous designs.
- Fixed bug with Battle Icons appearing too small in 4K monitors.
- Fixed small bugs related with the mission list of campaign.
- Fixed Torpedo Protection V stats not applying correctly to the component.
- Fixed major errors in crew losses calculations in battle stats.
- Fixed a minor error for a German Destroyer tower.
- Stalled ships issue due to evasion logic should happen less often (known bug we will fix better in future updates).
- Other minor bug fixes.
- Hulls that cannot be used due to low shipyard size are now viewable.

Hotfix Update v97 (6/12/2021)
- Various optimizations and small issue fixes.

Hotfix Update v98 (9/12/2021)
- Improvements in the Mission Generator to not generate defensive missions near enemy waters.
- Mission Generator system will now create new special missions, depending on the fleet composure of Attacker or Defender.
- Auto-Design Optimizations.
- Fixed Anti-Aliasing resetting after each game restart.
- Improved early battleships of Britain to have more funnels in the middle section.

*Patch v99* (14/12/2021)
- Significant AI improvement to be more aggressive and responsive.
- Flooding chance increases further at heavily damaged ships (aids to sink crippled ships faster).
- Shell dispersion improvement to be not so high at close range shots.
- Fixed a collider issue which affected fire arc calculations, created overlaps and auto-design errors.
- Fixed issue of auto-design producing ships with excessive funnels.
- Fixed bug that made Operational Range to become maximum for new designs in Naval Academy and consequently make hull weight too large (In Naval Academy the range cannot be edited).
- Some UI fixes.
- Battle Sound improvement for several impact hits. 

*Hotfix* (15/12/2021)
- Fixed some hull & funnel errors.
- Removed Maintenance modifiers related with Hull Form, which would create cost imbalance.
- Fixed problem that caused too wide formations. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6

Oh boy...here comes the day I've been super hyped two years ago. We did it lads, we hold on.

It's a pity that I won't get home (And to the computer) for another two days...So meanwhile: Have fun, everybody!

I think we deserved this...

Edited by Aceituna
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, Aceituna said:

Oh boy...here comes the day I've been super hyped two years ago. We did it lads, we hold on.

It's a pity that I won't get home (And to the computer) for another two days...So meanwhile: Have fun, everybody!

I think we deserved this...

I think this was our God given right. ;)

Seriously happy with what I read in the dev dairy. Map looks cool too!

2 minutes ago, Kebla said:

do you have to complete the naval academy to play the campaign?

3 of them. After the reset, I couldn't be bothered to re-do them because they're fairly luck based. And I don't have the time to play missions for hours on end hoping to win because of random chance that I penetrate the ship and it starts flooding enough to sink.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Commander Reed said:

3 of them. After the reset, I couldn't be bothered to re-do them because they're fairly luck based. And I don't have the time to play missions for hours on end hoping to win because of random chance that I penetrate the ship and it starts flooding enough to sink.

This should not happen normally. There was no preference from our side to reset mission progress. None of our testers reported such an issue either. Did you have a long time to play/unlock missions?

5 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

This should not happen normally. There was no preference from our side to reset mission progress. None of our testers reported such an issue either. Did you have a long time to play/unlock missions?

Took me a while to understand what you were trying to say there, I'll admit. 

I don't know how or why it happened, but I believe a few others experienced this issue in the past as well. All of the naval academy missions reset themselves, to put it simply. There is nothing else to say about it. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

I didn't bother to do any naval and I can play normaly, its a bug. 

so far I have one problem, when designing your own legacy fleet, there should be an instant build time and a set budget for this fleet, I started the campaign, my budget is the same as if I had the legacy autogenerated fleet but I dont have it. Imo if the player chooses to build his own legacy fleet they should start at turn -1 and build as much as budget allows then end turn and the ships should be there next turn, or at least 80% of them while the remaining 20% should be in advanced stages of construction. Right now I have 0 ships and no way to contest the enemy even if they only have 1 ship in the battle(got lucky once tho and 2 tbs attacked an armed covoy and they got killed xD)

Just now, DerRichtigeArzt said:

I didn't bother to do any naval and I can play normaly, its a bug. 

so far I have one problem, when designing your own legacy fleet, there should be an instant build time and a set budget for this fleet, I started the campaign, my budget is the same as if I had the legacy autogenerated fleet but I dont have it. Imo if the player chooses to build his own legacy fleet they should start at turn -1 and build as much as budget allows then end turn and the ships should be there next turn, or at least 80% of them while the remaining 20% should be in advanced stages of construction. Right now I have 0 ships and no way to contest the enemy even if they only have 1 ship in the battle(got lucky once tho and 2 tbs attacked an armed covoy and they got killed xD)

nvm just started again and they are all 100% 0 months so it was a bug as well. so far 0 problems. 

1 minute ago, DerRichtigeArzt said:

so far I have one problem, when designing your own legacy fleet, there should be an instant build time and a set budget for this fleet,

This is exactly how it works. You have one turn to design the ships you want, then you can order their construction, in the next turn they are all available, and the campaign begins.

Just now, Nick Thomadis said:

This is exactly how it works. You have one turn to design the ships you want, then you can order their construction, in the next turn they are all available, and the campaign begins.

ye it bugged out or I pressed end turn before actually doing anything, it might have been user error. 

1st impressions

So far really like it. Couple of QOL notes I'd bring up are:

1. Pan speed on campaign map seems very slow. Could we have a variable speed per zoom level?
  2. The path indicator (green projected path) on smaller vessels, such as TB and CL's seems unusually thin, and clips under water, making it hard to see.
  3. Would love to see a running tally of cost of ships building on fleet page. When starting, and designing/building the starting fleet, I know I have some 32 mllion to spend, but need to switch tabs back to finances to see how much money I have left after ordering each group of ship. Would love a sum of cost/m at the top, and maybe a remaining budget somewhere on the fleet tab.
  • Like 1