Game-Labs Forum

Missing File issues

Adm.Hawklyn

So, two weeks ago, I was playing the game fine. Then I go on a trip, attempt to run game on a different wifi network, Launcher says no.

Today I get back, launcher updates, but then I decide to hit repair and it weirds out... Now when I try to run the launcher, it shows 3 of the box on the right messages and 1 of the left message. No idea why.

Used to work fine before...

MSI laptop.

16gb ram

500gb hdd

nvidia 1050m

I did check my av program exceptions thing... So thats not an issue... No idea what's causing the missing files tho. I have also tried reinstalling with the same errors resulting. My only thought is that I may need to redownload the launch installer for a more updated copy.

Thoughts?

uadlauncherror.jpg

Edited by Adm.Hawklyn
Addition

10 hours ago, Adm.Hawklyn said:

So, two weeks ago, I was playing the game fine. Then I go on a trip, attempt to run game on a different wifi network, Launcher says no.

Today I get back, launcher updates, but then I decide to hit repair and it weirds out... Now when I try to run the launcher, it shows 3 of the box on the right messages and 1 of the left message. No idea why.

Used to work fine before...

MSI laptop.

16gb ram

500gb hdd

nvidia 1050m

I did check my av program exceptions thing... So thats not an issue... No idea what's causing the missing files tho. I have also tried reinstalling with the same errors resulting. My only thought is that I may need to redownload the launch installer for a more updated copy.

Thoughts?

Greetings Admiral. Please try to completely uninstall the game and launcher files by this guide:

1) Uninstall the game from launcher, then uninstall the launcher, after that make sure no temporary files remained:

2.1)

• Press Win+R then type: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\LocalLow\Game Labs\
  • Right click on Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts folder and delete it

2.2)

• Open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R and type cmd, press enter afterwards)
    • type: regedit
  • Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts
  • Right click on  Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts folder and delete it
  • Close regedit

3) 

• Open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R), then type: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\
  • delete the folder Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts if it is there

4) Install the launcher and download the game

To clarify, I cannot run the launcher, due to the above missing file boxes.

So I end up having to uninstall from windows app list. Will try the regedit stuff tho.

Still unable to launch the launcher due to the missing dll files above.

Followed your guide, used the uninstall from the uad program folder in start menu, with those same missing file errors showing up in the uninstall process.

I did use a brand new download of the launcher installer too this time, ended with above similar result. Not sure whats wrong or how to get said missing files.

I will mention that using the uninstall from the start menu did clean the registry and the folders out, so like I said, no idea how to proceed.

After some thought, I could try again to reinstall watching the list of files being placed; that's the only other method I can think of to look at if the files are present or not. The other option is to attempt to install on my netbook again as a test. I just dont know what else to try at this point other than the below.

Please tell me you will be pushing this over to steam soon... this sort of issue would be non existent afaik.

Edited by Adm.Hawklyn
More info and another later thought

On 9/30/2021 at 2:46 PM, Adm.Hawklyn said:

To clarify, I cannot run the launcher, due to the above missing file boxes.

So I end up having to uninstall from windows app list. Will try the regedit stuff tho.

Still unable to launch the launcher due to the missing dll files above.

Followed your guide, used the uninstall from the uad program folder in start menu, with those same missing file errors showing up in the uninstall process.

I did use a brand new download of the launcher installer too this time, ended with above similar result. Not sure whats wrong or how to get said missing files.

I will mention that using the uninstall from the start menu did clean the registry and the folders out, so like I said, no idea how to proceed.

After some thought, I could try again to reinstall watching the list of files being placed; that's the only other method I can think of to look at if the files are present or not. The other option is to attempt to install on my netbook again as a test. I just dont know what else to try at this point other than the below.

Please tell me you will be pushing this over to steam soon... this sort of issue would be non existent afaik.

Admiral.

Could you please try follow this guide and contact directly Xsolla support team:

• Open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R), then type: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\log
  • There will be log files from the launcher (e.g. 1.10.21.txt)
  • Please copy the latest log file, then contact Xsolla support team via live chat option (help.xsolla.com) or email (support@xsolla.com), describe your issue in details and attach the log file, and the screenshot with errors you posted above.

Please keep us updated on the problem, hope it will be resolved soon! Xsolla is awaiting your details

We will try to bring the game to Steam as soon as possible but we cannot provide any dates right now

17 hours ago, Adm.Hawklyn said:

Looks like that final uninstall did the trick, seems to be installing the game now. But I will keep that in mind for any issues later.

Thank you.

I'm glad the problem is gone!