Game-Labs Forum

>>>Core Patch 0.5 Feedback Hotfix v90<<<

Nick Thomadis

11 hours ago, Captain Basilone said:

Problems continue. Still unable to fight. I can design vessels but cannot test them.

What exactly happens? Does the game launch into the loading screen and then go black for a while?

Have you tried waiting a bit without clicking?

I have ran into a bug with the ship designer with superstructures, I can place down stuff onto a superstructure but cannot select the turret, funnels etc. that are attached to it once they have been put down and the only way to remove or change them is to delete the superstructure

Edited by ChryssyH117

2 minutes ago, ChryssyH117 said:

I have ran into a bug with the ship designer with superstructures, I can place down stuff onto a superstructure but cannot select the turret, funnels etc. that are attached to it once they have been put down and the only way to remove or change them is to delete the superstructure

It doesnt affect main gun though only secondaries and funnels

45 minutes ago, ChryssyH117 said:

It doesnt affect main gun though only secondaries and funnels

Yeah I think they increased the selection tolerance for Main and secondary towers, making it impossible to select anything on said towers.

I've posted a bug report of this in game, should get sorted for next hotfix. For now we'll just have to delete the towers and start over.

Edited by Draco

19 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

- Reduced about -5% Belt/Deck armor and about 10% the superstructure armor.  Designs should now be more consistent with historical values.
- Increased crew damage from penetrating hits +10%.
- Various inconsistencies for hulls and stats fixed according to your feedback.

PS.

We will optimize further the auto-design code so that it does not cause delays in loading. If you click buttons during a battle load, and you anticipate a freeze, you may let the application to continue, it should continue and successfully load.

I will always be impressed by how much this game's team actually interacts and listens to the playerbase, compared to... other game teams.

There are still many issues, but these are being addressed quite quickly and feedback is actually taken into account.

Edited by SPANISH_AVENGER
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ZorinW said:

Advanced Armored Cruiser II (Deutschland-class) hulls still can't fit 152 mm as secondary armament as they should. Also in 1929 you can't fit Diesel main engines as one should be able to.

Just use 155mm with light shells like everyone else man, jeesh...

Also, it would be kind of unfair to give germans exclusive access to diesels before everyone else, considering all their other advantages.

The devs have stated that you can tailor your research priorities more specifically in the campaign. 

Just have some patience.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 8:10 AM, Norbert Sattler said:

USS Monitor mission is pretty much impossible, because even with maximum turret armour, the main guns get destroyed every time.

make the cheapest ship you can, get two of them; ram for victory

• Like 1

Enhanced funnel and Big funnel on the destroyer II hull have the same funnel capacity despite the big funnel having more smoke interference. Mission is Destroyers vs Torpedo boats

image.thumb.png.5ff4215962bd535e83f49d4eeb44fe94.png

image.thumb.png.850490e79bb55d82ad8ec5d6c67ab447.png

Edited by d0d0b1rd
added which mission this showed up in

Sorry if this has been asked....when is the ETA for the first installment of the campaign?

So looking forward to that element. Single one off battles <meh>. Like the battles to mean something. Pleas allow a auto resolve for though tiny overwhelming odd engagements :)

8 minutes ago, ETF said:

Sorry if this has been asked....when is the ETA for the first installment of the campaign?

So looking forward to that element. Single one off battles <meh>. Like the battles to mean something. Pleas allow a auto resolve for though tiny overwhelming odd engagements :)

We don't know yet, could be anything from a week to several months... Sorry 😕

15 minutes ago, davidt_man said:

There seems to be a bug where once you add guns onto a tower, you can not remove and move the gun. you have to delete the whole tower and start over. 

its a related to the rework of part selection there is a way around it basically zoom in and look at the part you want vertically and you can select the funnel/gun most of the time doesnt always work but its a temporary work around

Just now, ChryssyH117 said:

its a related to the rework of part selection there is a way around it basically zoom in and look at the part you want vertically and you can select the funnel/gun most of the time doesnt always work but its a temporary work around

You may need to swap FOV or view mode for it to work, and the zoom in very close to the object to get it to highlight. Seems hitboxes of main/sec structures are set to a outer square based on their xyz edge limits, rather than object shape. Likely just a typo when converting.

Having played with the new changes for a while, I think I really like them. Yes, it takes longer to build the perfect ship, especially balancing with the new armor zones, but it pays off very nicely, building a very exact ship (especially not having to choose between unarmored 8" or over armored 2" guns). I especially love the fact we can account for minor aft/fore imbalances by editing the armor, rather than being forced to edit positions. It's the small freedoms that count.

I love the crew difference as well. The amount of change from newbies to veterans can make the same ship feel completely different, which is going to be awesome for the campaign. For naval academy, I'm not sure if I feel like crew is OP or underpowered. Sometimes I feel like it's OP, and then other times I wince at the cost of putting them on the ship because it forces me to sacrifice armor or a cool toy. For custom battles, without a cost cap, way overpowered.

In campaign, though, it should be fine. The advantage of highly trained crews would be that your navy gets a devastating first punch, but weakens as the war goes on and your weaker ships have to be crewed by normal people. I have high hopes for the mechanic!

• Like 2