Game-Labs Forum

>>>Core Patch 0.5 Feedback Hotfix v90<<<

Nick Thomadis

14 minutes ago, Draco said:

Yeah, but I mean it depends on the era in question. In the thirties and beyond most BB armour schemes were not designed to survive fire from their own guns much below 17km even on pure all-or-nothing designs. Meanwhile back in WWI the main belts were mostly supposed to keep ships immune down to around 12km or so, while extended armour mostly existed only to shield against secondaries of 6" calibre or less.

So you can see how a lot of players simply do not adhere to the tactics of the day.

Armour historically really wasn't supposed to ever make a ship "unsinkeable", but rather to keep it afloat long enough to sink the opponent at a Range preferable to itself and (hopefully) unpreferable to the opponent.

All that being said however, I absolutely agree that armour weight (and component weights in general) should be decreased, and even considerably more than what you suggest, owing to the fact that recreating basically any WWI or later historical ship within it's IRL displacement limits is currently impossible.

The trouble with that is that the AI will currently just start building meme ships if the values get lowered again, so until the devs find a way to teach the AI that a lot of smaller and "good enough" ships are strategically preferable to a few "superships" we will be stuck with artificially inflated values.

However, I have high hopes that the campaign will ameliorate this issue a lot, because once the campaign drops, it will suddenly be a lot more about how much a ship costs than how much it weighs.

Over and over again it seems like the insistence on AI designed warships is sabotaging everything else. 

• Like 5

AI does need a rebalance though as they tend to just focus on firepower and have all too good a habbit of making glass cannons that have more flashfires than us Brits at Jutland maybe have an ability to chose an AI focus like a lot of other strategy games have one that focuses on speed, another guns, armour and a balanced AI

Edited by ChryssyH117

Hopefully all of this will be positively affected when the campaign drops, bc the AI and player alike will switch from being limited mainly by displacement (which encourages building highly un-economical "superships") and instead become mainly limited by budgets (which should encourage lots of balanced and smaller ships).

• Like 1

Also wish that the avoidance mechanic for smaller ships was better so that they don't end up ramming or crossing into the paths of bigger ships as i doubt they would of done that in real life (baring some exceptions, but still) and also the ability to turn it off and on along with torp collision (because i either want to take command or i want to ram enemy ships.). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChryssyH117 said:

AI does need a rebalance though as they tend to just focus on firepower and have all too good a habbit of making glass cannons that have more flashfires than us Brits at Jutland maybe have an ability to chose an AI focus like a lot of other strategy games have one that focuses on speed, another guns, armour and a balanced AI

Ha accidentally started a battle at 7km starting range with 2BSes on my team with 20" guns + a few BCs, vs an entire enemy fleet of 6 BS, 6 BC and some cruisers.... 3 minutes later all their BSes and half their cruisers had exploded basically first volley on each ship, often only 4 guns on each BS firing... but couple of hits at that range and something went pop.

Not saying I didn't take a beating myself, but didn't lose any ships lol. One was kinda limping back to port.

5 hours ago, baatsman said:

Administrator Permission elevation did not allow build.exe access to it's own native locale, or it's hampered by the two dirs of UAD

Add the USER with maximum elevated permissions in Advanced Security Settings to BOTH dirs of UAD
(the USER is either the login email or local handle, and can be found in the permissive principal list)

@ 1. %installdir% ("C:\Games\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\default\game" in my case)
@ 2. %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts

-- Right click the folder icon,
-- go the bottom of the context menu Press Properties,
-- select Security or 3rd pane on the top
-- Press Advanced, in the Advanced Security Setting window press Add
-- Press Select A Principal, then Advanced, then the Find Now button on the right
-- In the Permissive Principal List, the USER is either the login email or login local handle
-- Select User,press OK, then on the Right in Permission Window, pick Show Advanced Permissions
-- Select Full Control, as it will pick everything
-- Press OK in all following windows to apply

-

I tried the game with no luck after updating all of the following.
But from all feedbacks, I now realize they may be a needed prerequisite for the last 2 already posted workarounds to actually work

I did Update VisualC from here

https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/7239cdc3-bd73-4f27-9943-22de059a6267/003063723B2131DA23F40E2063FB79867BAE275F7B5C099DBD1792E25845872B/VC_redist.x64.exe
  https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/221ed2ae-1269-497b-a962-e113045001fa/1ACD8D5EA1CDC3EB2EB4C87BE3AB28722D0825C15449E5C9CEEF95D897DE52FA/VC_redist.x86.exe

I did Update DirectX from here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35&url=/windows/directx/downloads/directplay.htm

Last a netframework from here

https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/2d6bb6b2-226a-4baa-bdec-798822606ff1/8494001c276a4b96804cde7829c04d7f/ndp48-x86-x64-allos-enu.exe

2 minutes ago, AdmiralObvious said:

After messing with the game for a significant period of time, I'm fairly sure that turret armor is actually bugged as it's getting overpenetrated by 2 inch shells with consistency. I'm less sure about superstructure armor though, it's difficult to tell the details with it.

superstructure armor seems fine, but yes I am getting the same with turrets. As as far as I can tell turrets have 0.0in armor no matter what you set it to.

While I appreciate that german battleships can now mount 17 and 18 inch guns on superimposed barbettes, they are highlighted yellow and have no firing arc at all.
Also, you still cannot mount 6 inch guns on german standard battleship's flanks (or battlecruisers).

Edited by Darth Khyron

5 hours ago, baatsman said:

Tried. No good. Same as before. No movement, all buttons save the hat that gives control to AI gone once battle begins.

Turret armor is only being reset in the tooltip at the start of each mission.  It is non-existent in practice, so currently not working at all.  Hence the 2" over-pens causing flash-fires.  It's also why the Monitor mission is very difficult.

Also, the conning tower armor is pointless as it counts the weight and cost and doesn't apply that armor to anything on the ship.  Instead the superstructure armor is applying to the conning tower as well.  Also tested with 2" overpens and in-mission penetration tooltip highlights (green/yellow/red.)

I reported both along with details after testing it for 40ish minutes to find out what was going on.  Just hoping it's a simple fix that is easy to find like a line being commented out and that it gets fixed soon.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ChryssyH117 said:

will say though I hope that the hotfix includes a change to armour weight as it feels a little bit TOO heavy maybe a 1-5% reduction in weight would be ideal as armouring a superstructure reasonably is incredibly difficult plus then adding armour to hull, decks and turrets.

Really? I was thinking it's still too light!