Game-Labs Forum

>>>Core Patch 0.5 Feedback Hotfix v90<<<

Nick Thomadis

Unplayable as of now on my system. Before this patch, almost everything was fine (save for some 'too many threads' crashes).

Now, however, loading takes very long, ending in "loading level"...and nothing else. (Mouse)Clicking crashes the game, showing the ships (including below-waterline parts), but no water, no interface, no nothing....really disapointed.

excited to really get knee deep in this patch. 

Currently a bit annoyed at the fact that i cant change the gun model for high caliber guns during 1940, would really like to make a 20 in main battery Yamato that actually has Japanese made guns, but alas i must live with what i currently have.

Armor values reset after exiting and entering designer, armor overall is way heavier than what it needs to be, making acceptable speeds for heavily armored and armed battleships impossible. 

Edited by adm_rikard

36 minutes ago, LoSboccacc said:

immagine.thumb.png.500bdc8b375f38ac6bc38906a5347abf.png

doesn't seem turret armor is doing anything for the iron clad turret model, any shot just goes straight trough (5" in main gun hit over pen as in picture) - turret armor was maxed in designer

I noticed the same. Also the "Large funnel" for the monitor-type is broken. It has less capacity than the standard.

crew damage should scale better with penetration, this destroyer, all on fire after a "flash fire x5", has more of 40% crew being perfectly fine, with 87% of the people manning the main guns being a-ok

immagine.thumb.png.f5771831defb613e08c494e3861ae8c0.png

in general it feels like damage control operations should drain more crew, especially in the earlier years; fires and flooding aren't that dangerous right now, I think I only ever saw crew disappear after direct damage, but they should be lost both as fire&flood spread and as damage parties venture in the hazardous area to fix them.

Edited by LoSboccacc
  • Like 2

First impressions after 1 big battle.

1> Crew: Needs reserves implemented. 
1 minor hit at the start of a battle hit my torp crew down to 50% on a ship. It stayed at 50% the rest of the battle. Simply put on a warship, you can run the ship at 100% with less than 50% of the crew. Reserves should both do damage control and be assigned to replace casualties rather than a single hit vastly reducing the reload of a ship's main weapon system.
This needs some sort of control so you can assign crews as needed, so you might take crew off reloading secondaries to help damage control. You should be able to lose a fair few guys before you really start noticing the impact.

Other than that a decent first pass.

2> Turret armour does nothing now? Got several over-pens vs 25" of turret armour :)
When you put 'side' in, did you make 'front' zero instead of equalling side?

3> Armour in general, particularly deck armour seems very very over-weighted now. Heavier/slower builds seem absolutely pointless now as the resistance from the armour doesn't anywhere near compensate for the additional speed you could have instead of not get hit by half the incoming shells + other campaign advantages of higher speed + torp avoidance.

4> Detachments still do weird stuff. A detachment of 3 battle cruisers and they wouldn't go above cruise speed. Had to make them individual ships to set the slider to full speed. Not sure how but some detachments seemed to automatically reform mid-battle, joining all my BCs but one and my BBs in a detachment.

Need better control over what the AI thinks its doing with detachments at points.

5> Save system/design for multiple ships seems a bit 'wonky' UI at the moment, very glad its there but needs major UI improvements ;)

Overall: Quite a good patch but gonna need some improvements to the crew system and some re-balancing fairly quick. 

• Like 1

Dunnite should not get obsoleted given its obvious advantages, especially with regards to penetration.  It was after all in continued USN usage all throughout WW2.  Either that or add a Dunnite II with increased shell costs and reduced fire and detonation hazards to represent the upgrades the USN did to their shells during WW2 for safety.

Is it intended for Antitorp V to Increase acceleration of a ship?

On the topic of crews, it does make the game feel more alive. Will need to do some more testing. It does make the ships feel more varied, but I also feel that there should be a way to have the crew prioritize certain tasks, which might get locked out if the conning tower goes down? I don't know, but it feels like that once you start losing the "control" section of the crew, things go downhill fast, while the secondary crews are still happily blasting away while their ship sinks beneath them.

Overpenetration is still very common against TP boats, but I was using 4 inch HE, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Edited by AdmiralObvious

3 hours ago, LoSboccacc said:

crew damage should scale better with penetration, this destroyer, all on fire after a "flash fire x5", has more of 40% crew being perfectly fine, with 87% of the people manning the main guns being a-ok

immagine.thumb.png.f5771831defb613e08c494e3861ae8c0.png

in general it feels like damage control operations should drain more crew, especially in the earlier years; fires and flooding aren't that dangerous right now, I think I only ever saw crew disappear after direct damage, but they should be lost both as fire&flood spread and as damage parties venture in the hazardous area to fix them.

image.thumb.png.2f30745c24adcecc5963e874aa68e9a0.pngI have to agree with this assessment. Ship detonates it's midship ammunition locker and only loses 32 crewmen out of over 1000. Doesn't seem right to me.

• Like 1

Hey I'm experiencing a few bugs

* i am unable to exit ship builder. I believe the cause is using the unlocked desinger, saving the design, and then going into a locked designer, and loading that ship. In particular i did this for the USN low caliber x4 mounts. I was forced to kill the game.

* AI complete command refuses to activate, unsure of what the cause is.

* Noticed when a ship is listing, the guns dont properly elevate. They should be raising them as high or low as the mounts allow, but instead they point 90* from the deck.

The save feature is nice...but it does need some polish. IMO all designs shouldn't be saved, just ones you designate.

In addition while im glad 5" guns are now on things besides USN BBs, they have issues fitting...either the tower is too small, or the turret is too large.

Crew seem somewhat tanky, and killed at random...needs more testing.

Armor...I'm glad it was reigned in to an extent, but something doesnt feel right... needs more testing.

Hello,

Most graphical settings and presets are not preserved when you click the Apply button.

Restarting the game resets them to an undefined default configuration.

The placement of the new settings window is unfortunate. It almost completely obscures the ship and port where the user should be able to test the effect.

As a consequence of the settings problem, my new visuals are worse than before. The old ugly buttons made more sense to me.