Game-Labs Forum

>>>Core Patch 0.5 Feedback Hotfix v90<<<

Nick Thomadis

Greetings Admirals,
The next major patch for Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts has just become available! This large update is the precursor of the first campaign version of the game. We decided to release not together with the campaign since it has many new features which owe to be tested solely. Please read everything about it in our blog:
https://www.dreadnoughts.ultimateadmiral.com/post/core-patch-0-5-released

Your feedback will be much appreciated, as always!

FIXED 20/9/2021
=Note: There is a known bug of freeze if you click mouse button while waiting to load a battle. If you choose to not terminate but wait for the program to respond, the battle should load successfully. We delayed the patch in order to make this freeze not critical. We will fix fully as soon as possible.

*Hotfix v88* (17/9/2021 UPDATE)
- Fixed major bug of gun armor resetting for saved designs, when trying to apply new gun armor settings.
- Fixed major bug of armor penetration, incorrectly evaluating the armor thickness of guns and causing too many detonations and flash fires.
- Fixed issue with part selection in ship design, that could become overly big and inaccurate.
- Fixed bug that caused keyboard edit of gun armor to use only inches measurement.
- Fixed bugs of Auto-Design which could cause building delays, overweight or overcost ships.
- Reduced about -5% Belt/Deck armor and about 10% the superstructure armor.  Designs should now be more consistent with historical values.
- Increased crew damage from penetrating hits +10%.
- Various inconsistencies for hulls and stats fixed according to your feedback.

*Hotfix v89* (20/9/2021 UPDATE)
- Fixed various bugs of auto-design, which were also responsible for freezes while loading battles. 
- Fixed gun collider issues. You should be able to mount guns with more flexibility, especially in towers.
- Fixed bug in gun selection when it was placed on a tower.
- Fixes on other minors you reported.

*Hotfix v90* (30/9/2021 UPDATE)
- Refactoring of the Auto-Design code, addressing various issues that could cause errors and delays in the process. Most, if not all, problems regarding freezes, delays, unbuildable ships, should be fixed.
- Improved the overpen mechanics, so now you will be able to see full penetrations on the smallest craft such as the Torpedo Boats.
- Increased the torpedo damage (due to latest changes in ship section density, damage could be small in large warships). 
- Fixed bug that caused operational range to become reset when loading a custom battle saved design.
- Fixed bug of custom battle saves which included Transport ships, making them disappear when loaded.
- Fixed some other bugs related to battle saves.
- Some minor UI issues with overlapping buttons in 16:10 resolution have been resolved.
- Fixed bug of Bug reporter not allowing to use the Enter key.
- Fixed bug making graphical settings to reset. This could have been a source of graphical bugs, depending on player’s system.
- Fixed bug on smoke screen becoming available to BB, BC, CA if they were on the same division with DD or CL.
- Minor fixes in some hulls.
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 14

8 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:
Greetings Admirals,
The next major patch for Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts has just become available! This large update is the precursor of the first campaign version of the game. We decided to release not together with the campaign since it has many new features which owe to be tested solely. Please read everything about it in our blog:
https://www.dreadnoughts.ultimateadmiral.com/post/core-patch-0-5-released

Your feedback will be much appreciated, as always!

Note: There is a known bug of freeze if you click mouse button while waiting to load a battle. If you choose to not terminate but wait for the program to respond, the battle should load successfully. We delayed the patch in order to make this freeze not critical. We will fix fully as soon as possible.

Tf2 Heavy GIF - Tf2 Heavy Good Intensificate GIFs

• Like 2

Wish it wouldnt have taken this long for the update to drop but it's good work nonetheless and I'm enjoying it so far.

First thing I've noticed is that the Littorio-style Italian 15-inch guns are only available from 1939 onward (so 1939+1940). The ships were designed in the early 1930s and the first two were laid down in 1934. Is this intentional, an oversight, or a bug? I wasn't sure of whether to report it as a bug in-game, so I'm posting it here instead. I'll keep hunting for other questionable things and bugs etc.

On a positive note, I like the addition of shell/propellant modules, as well as a general redo and breakdown of armor schemes, which I think were sorely needed and are a nice addition to the game.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the rate of crew casualties seems to be working pretty well so far. I did my best to quickly create a Littorio-like ship and the crew complement was approximately the same (somewhere around 1700 IIRC; though I couldn't fit the third or fourth 6-inch gun turrets due to spacing issues, but that's more my fault than anything else). I'll keep investigating and doing more testing with it.

The new graphics settings are also a welcome addition.

Edited by Speglord
  • Like 1

Quick immediate note: On 1440p resolution, mousing over the Quarters (and the lower half of the word "Training", with all the above menus open) opens the tooltip in a way that it starts offscreen. I presume the same problem might occur elsewhere, but I have a 1440p monitor so that's all I can confirm.

Dirty fix for it: Minimize the "Characteristics" tab to move the two things higher, allowing them to display properly.