Game-Labs Forum

Ships not firing on designated targets

Gregg

I repeatedly assign targets to ships in my formations, and they almost always shift fire onto "easy" targets. Example, last evening I was fooling around with a custom scenario, Japanese vs Russians in 1905, each side had three battleships and three armored cruisers (heavy cruisers).

I was playing the Japanese side, and my battleships kept repeatedly switching fire to the cruisers, away from the designated targets, the battleships. I had a line of battle, the three battleships followed by the three cruisers. The Russians had two formations, the three battleships in a line; with one cruiser on the engaged side and two on the unengaged side.

Both sides were well outside torpedo range on more or less parallel tracks, and at first all my ships kept switching fire to the near cruiser until it was smothered in hits and sunk by structural damage; once it sank all six of my ships kept switching fire to the trailing cruiser on the unengaged side, sank it and then moved to the surviving cruiser. Once the cruisers were gone, all six of my ships started on the trailing Russian Battleship, and worked their way up the line. I was repeatedly reassigning fire of my ships to the targets I wanted them to be firing upon, and they kept switching fire to other targets.

While this was all going on, my lead battleship was beat into near wreckage, and I had to detach it and have it retreat in order to save it. Then the surviving Russian ships started concentrating on my new lead battleship. I eventually finished off the two remaining Russian battleships by getting into torpedo range and hitting the two survivors with multiple torpedos.

Just why are the ships not staying locked on and and firing on, the enemy ships I designate them to fire upon?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gregg said:

I repeatedly assign targets to ships in my formations, and they almost always shift fire onto "easy" targets. Example, last evening I was fooling around with a custom scenario, Japanese vs Russians in 1905, each side had three battleships and three armored cruisers (heavy cruisers).

I was playing the Japanese side, and my battleships kept repeatedly switching fire to the cruisers, away from the designated targets, the battleships. I had a line of battle, the three battleships followed by the three cruisers. The Russians had two formations, the three battleships in a line; with one cruiser on the engaged side and two on the unengaged side.

Both sides were well outside torpedo range on more or less parallel tracks, and at first all my ships kept switching fire to the near cruiser until it was smothered in hits and sunk by structural damage; once it sank all six of my ships kept switching fire to the trailing cruiser on the unengaged side, sank it and then moved to the surviving cruiser. Once the cruisers were gone, all six of my ships started on the trailing Russian Battleship, and worked their way up the line. I was repeatedly reassigning fire of my ships to the targets I wanted them to be firing upon, and they kept switching fire to other targets.

While this was all going on, my lead battleship was beat into near wreckage, and I had to detach it and have it retreat in order to save it. Then the surviving Russian ships started concentrating on my new lead battleship. I eventually finished off the two remaining Russian battleships by getting into torpedo range and hitting the two survivors with multiple torpedos.

Just why are the ships not staying locked on and and firing on, the enemy ships I designate them to fire upon?

Greetings Admiral. Did you report the case via CTRL+J?