Game-Labs Forum

Some times runs very smooth and other times FPS drops through the floor for no apparent reason..

cjbeattie

Hi

I do have a old computer-radeon 7700HD , 12 gig ram,Amd fx 4350 quad core processor so was hesitant to purchase it and was very pleased when I could run it smoothly on a lower resolution in 'Beautiful'.. recently though ive noticed for no apparent reason that the fps will suddenly drop through the floor.... I will wait 30 mins or an hour load it back up and it will be smooth again... Anyone else experienced this?

thanks

14 hours ago, cjbeattie said:

Hi

I do have a old computer-radeon 7700HD , 12 gig ram,Amd fx 4350 quad core processor so was hesitant to purchase it and was very pleased when I could run it smoothly on a lower resolution in 'Beautiful'.. recently though ive noticed for no apparent reason that the fps will suddenly drop through the floor.... I will wait 30 mins or an hour load it back up and it will be smooth again... Anyone else experienced this?

thanks

Greetings Admiral. Are you sure your video card or processor are not overheating? 

No that's not the issue....  Its not heat it was 30 degrees in my computer room the other night and it ran smooth for 3 hours non stop playing sometimes playing with 5 ships on each side all blasting away at each other... then I came off had a coffee reloaded it after 20 minutes break and the fps dropped through the floor again... I was thinking it could be possibly different skys or seas that are doing it overwhelming my card/system etc??? It runs very smoothly even with my ancient system on 1024x768 resolution in 'beauitful' detail...until it will drop fps through the floor for no reason

Edited by cjbeattie

On 7/19/2021 at 10:47 PM, cjbeattie said:

No that's not the issue....  Its not heat it was 30 degrees in my computer room the other night and it ran smooth for 3 hours non stop playing sometimes playing with 5 ships on each side all blasting away at each other... then I came off had a coffee reloaded it after 20 minutes break and the fps dropped through the floor again... I was thinking it could be possibly different skys or seas that are doing it overwhelming my card/system etc??? It runs very smoothly even with my ancient system on 1024x768 resolution in 'beauitful' detail...until it will drop fps through the floor for no reason

Could you please clarify if performance drop happens once you alt-tab? How many applications you run in the the same time with the game? Please also test to only run the game and no other application in the background - is the problem still there?