Game-Labs Forum

Restrictive Amount/Mount 2 errors

A recent update let you ctrl-place barbettes and superstructure elements arbitrarily. That's amazing. There's still some limitations on hulls (mount/mount 2 errors) which predate this update that seem arbitrarily restrictive. I'm going to use this thread to document them as I encounter them. I have no claims to thoroughness!

While I understand that amount limitations are probably balance decisions, I'm going to document them anyways just in case.

Starting us off: the French Dreadnought II. Would very much like to do a Wyoming-esque AB-PQ-XY arrangment. Cannot!

build_ttLflJtzVg.thumb.jpg.881fe36c739c380d733db2a2c4010df5.jpgbuild_MeLTqBzFf3.thumb.jpg.fd0d5a9352a897d8d6e369102677a9cc.jpg

• Like 1

There's lots of gun arrangements and such that can't be recreated or used due to the limitations of the ship designer. The Wyoming style gun layout is one of the ones that is particularly hard to do. The majority of us have been nagging the devs about this for a while now...they've done good so far though, but some of the gun layouts are down to the superstructure options. Take the Atlanta class of light cruisers with their triple super-firing turrets...it can't be done in game because of the limitations of the ship designer.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Modernized Dreadnought:

DrQ9L0T.pngNote that I could place it "behind" that larger stern barbette (which is actually turned backwards right now). Why is that barbette turned around?

Because... when I try to place it normally...

tscGKwR.png

I can't fit a gun between it and the secondary barbette.

ybcX0C5.png

Why not just make there be more space?

y2xAIuf.png

Because of another stupid mount 2 barbette error! Why not just redesign the whole thing & put it all in the bow & use one of those nifty compact secondary superstructures?

baaG2jH.png

Because of a mount 2 error for the primary superstructure. This hull has layers.

Edited by neph

15 hours ago, coalminer said:

Just wanna drop by and say cheers for keeping up with the bug hunting over the past few months despite the (by now rather standard) silence from the devs. I hope they've atleast seen this.

Thanks! No worries at all re: the devs--I've been there done that & it's hard work. I just hope to give them a resource that'll hopefully make their work much easier & faster when they get around to this one.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...