CRAACB

(shell pen [ricocheting?] 1)

KRAARRG

(Shell pen 2)

Poow, poow

(torpedo hit)

OOOOOOOOOOOOO

(ships moving)

These describe 80% of the sounds you are gonna hear during battle.

Edited by Stormnet
  • Like 1
On 6/23/2021 at 5:10 PM, Danvanthevacuumman said:

How sounds interact with the world is very basic and it needs a look on. there is no depth to the sounds at all. and when more than one sound is produced at the same time it does not blend in well together.

I recommend you get a better audio setup. A dedicated internal soundcard with a built in headphone amplifier of 150 ohms and good over-ear studio monitoring headphones of minimum 2x56 ohms. Minimal setup. I will improve your sound in anything.

I forgot to mention, while the sounds do sound well and punchy for normal caliber guns up to 380mm, any more than that the gun sound looses the punchyness and becomes more like just bass going on long...

Edited by Elrerune The Honorbound
16 hours ago, Elrerune The Honorbound said:

I recommend you get a better audio setup. A dedicated internal soundcard with a built in headphone amplifier of 150 ohms and good over-ear studio monitoring headphones of minimum 2x56 ohms. Minimal setup. I will improve your sound in anything.

I forgot to mention, while the sounds do sound well and punchy for normal caliber guns up to 380mm, any more than that the gun sound looses the punchyness and becomes more like just bass going on long...

Its not just the sound equipment. While a good sound card and bass speakers help, the game sounds themselves also need to sound impactfull and powerfull. Look at the sounds of the ships firing and taking damage of this 2011 game and see if there isnt a diference.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/9-Ov-j1RPIU

Dont kill me Dan because I used the sane video.

Edited by Stormnet
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
On 6/25/2021 at 6:31 AM, Elrerune The Honorbound said:

No I do not need a batter audio equipment the sounds in game are bland and its not the sound itself im talking about. More about how they interact in the world no depth whatsoever. I can play other games with the same sound system yet they sound so much better with more depth and dynamics, play dcs for example the sounds are great there doppler effect different frequencies etc. Total war also has decent sound system. this game has none.

Edited by Danvanthevacuumman
  • Like 3

Also no weather sounds too, and the lack of more distinct sounds, for engines, different gun calibers, marks and for nations as well. we need proper doppler effects and when guns go off in the distance especially loud ones should sound like sharp bangs or loud pops depending on gun caliber and distance, obvious becoming more complex as you get closer to the object and dissipating depending on the wind etc.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2021 at 9:52 PM, Danvanthevacuumman said:

No I do not need a batter audio equipment the sounds in game are bland and its not the sound itself im talking about. More about how they interact in the world no depth whatsoever. I can play other games with the same sound system yet they sound so much better with more depth and dynamics, play dcs for example the sounds are great there doppler effect different frequencies etc. Total war also has decent sound system. this game has none.

Suit yourself man. If you don't like what you hear it's obvious you have a bad audio setup.

• Sad 1
22 hours ago, DougToss said:

good sound design is effective on all setups.

No it is not. Best sound design will be useless if headphones quality and tier is bad and if the amplifier is insufficient. You have obviously never experienced high tier over ear headphones otherwise you would not say such things.

22 hours ago, DougToss said:

then their design philosophy is unsound. 

Their design philosophy is already unsound with unjustified graphics card requirements for a game looking this bad.

These two things prove that people here never experience a good audio setup and never experienced a game with good graphics.

For headphones I recommend only ones I own and have experience with such as Audeze LCD-2 Shedua Wood Edition.

10 hours ago, Elrerune The Honorbound said:

For headphones I recommend only ones I own and have experience with such as Audeze LCD-2 Shedua Wood Edition.

Bloody hell didn't think you could get headphones at that price, thats mental. 

For me graphics aren't the main draw of this game (although they are a bonus) its the gameplay, hence why myself and im guessing many else haven't touched it for ages.

Only thing to do now is wait for them to announce CAP-1 i guess.

5 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Bloody hell didn't think you could get headphones at that price, thats mental. 

For me graphics aren't the main draw of this game (although they are a bonus) its the gameplay, hence why myself and im guessing many else haven't touched it for ages.

Only thing to do now is wait for them to announce CAP-1 i guess.

And those are the not so expensive ones. Some amps are close to that price. I listen to music a lot and i love headphones, they are the one of the most important parts of my setup and daily life. This model is around 6 thousand kn but there are models for up to 30000 kn.

On 7/17/2021 at 9:01 PM, Elrerune The Honorbound said:

Suit yourself man. If you don't like what you hear it's obvious you have a bad audio setup.

Bunch of nonsense here. Even the best audio set up cannot turn a 1930s recording into 2020s quality.

The sounds in the game are mediocre at best. I do not complain about it as it is of lesser importance compared to gameplay and even graphics, but in an ideal world I would definitely like them to devote more attention to the sound.

• Like 4
On 7/20/2021 at 7:22 AM, Elrerune The Honorbound said:

No it is not. Best sound design will be useless if headphones quality and tier is bad and if the amplifier is insufficient. You have obviously never experienced high tier over ear headphones otherwise you would not say such things.

Their design philosophy is already unsound with unjustified graphics card requirements for a game looking this bad.

These two things prove that people here never experience a good audio setup and never experienced a game with good graphics.

Even the greatest headphones, amplifiers and what not, cannot turn bland and boring sounds into good ones. Doesn't matter your audio system, a musical composition made from samples of an orchestra will not sound as good as a real orchestra. Same with this. If there is no reverb, gun sound variety, weather noises, or anything else to break up the monotony of "MMMMMMMMMMMM" "BOOM" "MMMMMMMM" "BOOM" it will sound subpar even in ludicrously expensive headphones. Mind you I've never seen headphones that cost as much as a cheap car but whatever.