CRAACB

(shell pen [ricocheting?] 1)

KRAARRG

(Shell pen 2)

Poow, poow

(torpedo hit)

OOOOOOOOOOOOO

(ships moving)

These describe 80% of the sounds you are gonna hear during battle.

Edited by Stormnet
  • Like 3

On 6/23/2021 at 5:10 PM, Danvanthevacuumman said:

How sounds interact with the world is very basic and it needs a look on. there is no depth to the sounds at all. and when more than one sound is produced at the same time it does not blend in well together.

I recommend you get a better audio setup. A dedicated internal soundcard with a built in headphone amplifier of 150 ohms and good over-ear studio monitoring headphones of minimum 2x56 ohms. Minimal setup. I will improve your sound in anything.

I forgot to mention, while the sounds do sound well and punchy for normal caliber guns up to 380mm, any more than that the gun sound looses the punchyness and becomes more like just bass going on long...

Edited by Elrerune The Honorbound

16 hours ago, Elrerune The Honorbound said:

I recommend you get a better audio setup. A dedicated internal soundcard with a built in headphone amplifier of 150 ohms and good over-ear studio monitoring headphones of minimum 2x56 ohms. Minimal setup. I will improve your sound in anything.

I forgot to mention, while the sounds do sound well and punchy for normal caliber guns up to 380mm, any more than that the gun sound looses the punchyness and becomes more like just bass going on long...

Its not just the sound equipment. While a good sound card and bass speakers help, the game sounds themselves also need to sound impactfull and powerfull. Look at the sounds of the ships firing and taking damage of this 2011 game and see if there isnt a diference.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/9-Ov-j1RPIU

Dont kill me Dan because I used the sane video.

Edited by Stormnet
  • Like 3

On 6/25/2021 at 6:31 AM, Elrerune The Honorbound said:

No I do not need a batter audio equipment the sounds in game are bland and its not the sound itself im talking about. More about how they interact in the world no depth whatsoever. I can play other games with the same sound system yet they sound so much better with more depth and dynamics, play dcs for example the sounds are great there doppler effect different frequencies etc. Total war also has decent sound system. this game has none.

Edited by Danvanthevacuumman
  • Like 4

Also no weather sounds too, and the lack of more distinct sounds, for engines, different gun calibers, marks and for nations as well. we need proper doppler effects and when guns go off in the distance especially loud ones should sound like sharp bangs or loud pops depending on gun caliber and distance, obvious becoming more complex as you get closer to the object and dissipating depending on the wind etc.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2021 at 9:52 PM, Danvanthevacuumman said:

No I do not need a batter audio equipment the sounds in game are bland and its not the sound itself im talking about. More about how they interact in the world no depth whatsoever. I can play other games with the same sound system yet they sound so much better with more depth and dynamics, play dcs for example the sounds are great there doppler effect different frequencies etc. Total war also has decent sound system. this game has none.

Suit yourself man. If you don't like what you hear it's obvious you have a bad audio setup.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, DougToss said:

good sound design is effective on all setups.

No it is not. Best sound design will be useless if headphones quality and tier is bad and if the amplifier is insufficient. You have obviously never experienced high tier over ear headphones otherwise you would not say such things.

22 hours ago, DougToss said:

then their design philosophy is unsound. 

Their design philosophy is already unsound with unjustified graphics card requirements for a game looking this bad.

These two things prove that people here never experience a good audio setup and never experienced a game with good graphics.

For headphones I recommend only ones I own and have experience with such as Audeze LCD-2 Shedua Wood Edition.

10 hours ago, Elrerune The Honorbound said:

For headphones I recommend only ones I own and have experience with such as Audeze LCD-2 Shedua Wood Edition.

Bloody hell didn't think you could get headphones at that price, thats mental. 

For me graphics aren't the main draw of this game (although they are a bonus) its the gameplay, hence why myself and im guessing many else haven't touched it for ages.

Only thing to do now is wait for them to announce CAP-1 i guess.

5 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Bloody hell didn't think you could get headphones at that price, thats mental. 

For me graphics aren't the main draw of this game (although they are a bonus) its the gameplay, hence why myself and im guessing many else haven't touched it for ages.

Only thing to do now is wait for them to announce CAP-1 i guess.

And those are the not so expensive ones. Some amps are close to that price. I listen to music a lot and i love headphones, they are the one of the most important parts of my setup and daily life. This model is around 6 thousand kn but there are models for up to 30000 kn.

On 7/17/2021 at 9:01 PM, Elrerune The Honorbound said:

Suit yourself man. If you don't like what you hear it's obvious you have a bad audio setup.

Bunch of nonsense here. Even the best audio set up cannot turn a 1930s recording into 2020s quality.

The sounds in the game are mediocre at best. I do not complain about it as it is of lesser importance compared to gameplay and even graphics, but in an ideal world I would definitely like them to devote more attention to the sound.

• Like 6

On 7/20/2021 at 7:22 AM, Elrerune The Honorbound said:

No it is not. Best sound design will be useless if headphones quality and tier is bad and if the amplifier is insufficient. You have obviously never experienced high tier over ear headphones otherwise you would not say such things.

Their design philosophy is already unsound with unjustified graphics card requirements for a game looking this bad.

These two things prove that people here never experience a good audio setup and never experienced a game with good graphics.

Even the greatest headphones, amplifiers and what not, cannot turn bland and boring sounds into good ones. Doesn't matter your audio system, a musical composition made from samples of an orchestra will not sound as good as a real orchestra. Same with this. If there is no reverb, gun sound variety, weather noises, or anything else to break up the monotony of "MMMMMMMMMMMM" "BOOM" "MMMMMMMM" "BOOM" it will sound subpar even in ludicrously expensive headphones. Mind you I've never seen headphones that cost as much as a cheap car but whatever.

• Like 3

On 7/23/2021 at 3:03 AM, HorizonFulcrum said:

Even the greatest headphones, amplifiers and what not, cannot turn bland and boring sounds into good ones. Doesn't matter your audio system, a musical composition made from samples of an orchestra will not sound as good as a real orchestra. Same with this. If there is no reverb, gun sound variety, weather noises, or anything else to break up the monotony of "MMMMMMMMMMMM" "BOOM" "MMMMMMMM" "BOOM" it will sound subpar even in ludicrously expensive headphones. Mind you I've never seen headphones that cost as much as a cheap car but whatever.

Bang on the money mate. If total war sounds better than this game on my shitty 10 quid earbuds it already shows the game has terrible sound design.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 7/23/2021 at 4:03 AM, HorizonFulcrum said:

ludicrously expensive headphones. Mind you I've never seen headphones that cost as much as a cheap car but whatever.

Ludicrously expensive?? It may be for you lol. Not here where I live. Some girls here have sneakers shoes that cost up to 12000 kunas, that's double the price of those headphones. And guys around town are owning computer parts that cost as much. That's a normal price for good headphones. If you don't believe it you're deaf.

On 7/20/2021 at 5:58 PM, Tycondero said:

Bunch of nonsense here. Even the best audio set up cannot turn a 1930s recording into 2020s quality.

You're nonsense man. What proof do you have that this game uses 1930 recording? And even the audio/video recordings of that time can be scanned up to 4K video and superb sound when done properly. A good audio setup changes everything. And "2020 quality"? What would you know about that? Are you drawing examples from the mp3s you play and download from pirated cd rips or some catastrophically compressed bit starved 2 0 audio streams in some 720p movie rips you watch??? LMAO to that! Sound quality studio mastering of recordings of songs and quality of digital audio can only get worse from what it is.

On 7/20/2021 at 10:01 AM, Cptbarney said:

Bloody hell

I don't understand what that means I don't speak Brit.

HAHAHA!

9 hours ago, Elrerune The Honorbound said:

I don't understand what that means I don't speak Brit.

HAHAHA!

I don't know if you're trying to be funny or what, but from your previous actions I already don't like you one bit. 

But if what you're saying here is true, then it basically means what the hell. 

• Like 3

On 10/17/2021 at 8:34 AM, Elrerune The Honorbound said:

Ludicrously expensive?? It may be for you lol. Not here where I live. Some girls here have sneakers shoes that cost up to 12000 kunas, that's double the price of those headphones. And guys around town are owning computer parts that cost as much. That's a normal price for good headphones. If you don't believe it you're deaf.

Yeah, we dont know where you live somewhere in Croatia, but sorry that a spoiled kid is not the target audience for most games without microtransactions.

Yeah, those may be good premium headphones, but you dont need premium stuff to have a decent experience. A decent 2.1 system, for at most 100$ should be enought for most stuff the average joe will ever hear. Besides, even if our systems are shit (they aren't), there is stuff which sounds better. UAD sounds lackluster when compared to other stuff running on the exact same system.

Pop this video on your 1000$ sound system and compare it to UAD. https://www.youtube.com/embed/9-Ov-j1RPIU?enablejsapi=1
Does your system automatically put UAD to the level of a game with over a decade. 

On 10/17/2021 at 8:34 AM, Elrerune The Honorbound said:

You're nonsense man. What proof do you have that this game uses 1930 recording? And even the audio/video recordings of that time can be scanned up to 4K video and superb sound when done properly. A good audio setup changes everything.

I get a strong impression I believe you are either retarded or just trolling. Its just so painfully stupid either way.

First of all, the 1930 Audio was an anology on how good hardware cannot magically make bad sounds sound good. Hardware that can do so is actively editing them, and its not just tuning them at the begining that will automatically do the job. If you make explosions sound more powerfull and echo-y, you are gonna have ship sounds, music, and caracters (in other games) sounding weirdly strong and emotional even at moments where they shouldnt.
Yeah, old recordings can be scanned and improved, but they rarely match 2021 native movies. And that is done through AI and studio-ing, not throught a (even if expensive) audio-card.

Instead of making the consumer get lots of hardware and have to edit the sounds themselves like they work in a studio and make them good, why not just improve the sounds on the game's end so people dont have to deal with this issue?

"And "2020 quality"? What would you know about that? Are you drawing examples from the mp3s you play and download from pirated cd rips or some catastrophically compressed bit starved 2 0 audio streams in some 720p movie rips you watch??? LMAO to that!"

Buddy, just because we are not rich doesnt mean we "poor people" live in the 1990s. We have several other games and movies (some even a decade old with no remasters whatsoever), including indie ones with small budgets that outperform UAD in terms of sound and graphics.

"I don't understand what that means I don't speak Brit."

What did the evil British with tophats and monocles did to you that made you a little tramatized child? 

At this point, you are either completely retarted, or the least funny troll I have ever seen. Either way, since you dont like english (language of the bad and evil british), I am gonna say to you in portuguese "Cala-te, vai dar uma volta, e para de ser um cretino mimado e irritante.". 

Go ahead and translate that last part. I know you will.

Edited by Stormnet
  • Thanks 5

15 hours ago, Elrerune The Honorbound said:

And why would I care if you like me or not? But from your Location I already don't like you one bit.

I've seen you posting on this forum for a few months now and in all that time you have caused one argument after another but contributed precisely nothing of value. Please take your tiny-dick nationalism, Nazi apologetics, and bragging about the headphones daddy bought you, and piss off into the sun spend more time on your school homework.

• Thanks 6

What SonicB and Stormnet said. Highly likely to be a troll or a retarded individual, but if that isn't the case, a very spoiled individual who believes they are entitled to 5 star treatment at all times, and can start arguments at any time, and probably even believes their own lies. 

I don't know about you guys, but I don't want someone like this on our forum.

Edited by Commander Reed
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, DougToss said:

I’m amazed he hasn’t been banned yet for the overt Third Reich apologia. Maybe he hasn’t been reported yet?

At this point, I think it's best to just ignore this person if encountered again - Which is exactly what I'm going to do. 

If they get banned, I can't say I'll be sad about it. Anyhow, I'm going to leave this topic as it's gone completely south.

But anyways, back to the topic, we need more impactfull explosions.

Like, the explosions we hear are... bland. Yeah, we hear some echo and whatnot, but they dont feel that impactful. Besides they feel repetitive. If you ignore the music, the sounds described below are pretty much 95% what you are gonna hear.

I keep bringing up the Total War Shogun 2 example of @Danvanthevacuumman because, depite being 10 years old, it looks great. Sure, some of this stuff is rather arcadey and cinematic and will have to be toned down (no, ships dont explode in massive fireballs following death), but the explosions feel so, OHH! The fireball, the smoke, the shards of the ships flying into the sky. We dont just get "baaankle" and then the texture of a hole apears with a flame. It also has the controls more stylized (which looks good) and they have sounds. Yeah, probably hearing "Klinks" for 2 hours may get annoying, so I suggest aplying diferent sounds to diferent controls. Like the "Klink" for changing speed (like if you were pulling a lever on the ship). Limited voice callouts would be nice too.

23 hours ago, Stormnet said:

Yeah, we dont know where you live somewhere in Croatia, but sorry that a spoiled kid is not the target audience for most games without microtransactions.

Who the hell are you calling a spoiled kid? I save my money and spend it with thought for what I want. Just because I give myself the liberty to buy premium for the full new price does not mean I'm "spoiled". I don't even smoke nor drink. Can you say the same? What you spend, i.e. in a month on your alcohol and cigarettes and who knows what else (alcohol to make yourself feel brave and because of complexes, fake medicine you don't need or because you are biologically weak), I save and spend carefully. So get your head out of your "educated" self absorbedness. You think because you are a sheep that you can lecture others about spending money just because I am not a sheep like you.

21 hours ago, SonicB said:

I've seen you posting on this forum for a few months now and in all that time you have caused one argument after another but contributed precisely nothing of value. Please take your tiny-dick nationalism, Nazi apologetics, and bragging about the headphones daddy bought you, and piss off into the sun spend more time on your school homework.

What are you talking about? Im not a guy.

"Nazi apologetics" ? You guys are just jealous of Germans and their amazing overwhelming power they had.

As much as you guys want to create a "perfect world" for yourselves, know that it will be an illusion. Even with your cancel-culture of canceling anyone you dont like for some reason, You will never get rid of people like me - people with a logical and different worldview.