Game-Labs Forum

Lack of Game "SAVE" feature

Gregg

I like this game so far. But there is one tremendous draw back for me, that is the lack of a save feature for a game in progress.

I seldom have the time to select a scenario, build the ship, launch the game and then complete the game. I'm frequently forced to quit the game, and abandon everything, and this is becoming very annoying.

Additionally, the game when running, ties up the entire computer; forcing me to have to quite the game in progress, to do some other more important task with the computer. Having a "Save Game in Progress" feature would be very nice to have.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Skeksis said:

Doesn’t matter. I play alot of campaign simulations (my best guess of what they might be!) and I know that battles do take a long time, I end many of them unfinished too. So I believe if not implemented already the feedback level of frustration would secure implementation, rather quickly too.

It’s a given!

But yeah, once the campaign is done I think there’ll be rapid advance in many features outlined..... and not outlined!

Oh I agree, I just didn't see Nick mention saving in battle in any of those threads about the subject. I just think they planned for campaign saves to work only outside of battle. 

We definitely need saving during a battle added at some point. 

• Like 3

On 6/15/2021 at 11:19 PM, madham82 said:

Oh I agree, I just didn't see Nick mention saving in battle in any of those threads about the subject. I just think they planned for campaign saves to work only outside of battle. 

We definitely need saving during a battle added at some point. 

We have already implemented, internally, a save battle feature for custom battles/campaign and will be expanded to Naval Academy. We will make it available once we optimize it.

• Like 4