Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Possibilities of further Yamato model improvements and several other features


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello! I just have several questions about various aspects that interest me. I hope I'm not bothering with this questions, but I really like the game and I'm really interested. So to keep it short an in order:

Yamato's new hull model is absolutely beautiful and amazing but there is just one small thing that I would like to point out and am wondering was it intentional. The slope is a bit aggressive and looking at models of historical recreations, the slope is actually gentle, more deep and begins before the second main barbette, in other words closer to the middle of the hull, between the secondary barbette and the second main one. So I'm very wondering was this intentional due to the structure of the hull expansion feature? Although, when expanding the hull, it actually expands near the end, not near where the slope should be. Of course, I'm not being picky, and I'm grateful for the new hull model. These are just some things I'm thinking about.


https://3dhistory.de/wordpress/3d-models/ijn-yamato-ten-ichi-go/

About the guns. Is there any plans on making turrets/guns that look like what the real Yamato had? Just asking of course.

About additional menu features. I have an idea that there should be a simple but fun feature, for the main menu, that would allow players to select a saved ship design to be on the main menu and welcome them.

About the camo. I read somewhere in the forum that there will be plans for making camo for ships in the far future, in campaign. My question is: will there be different camo colors, still realistic, but for example dazzle green or wavy green+yellow+brown? Will we be able to move a camo slider to mix the camo look? For example there could be two camo choices, green base and blue base. When we select green base camo and move a slider (like we do to change the ship) we could change the pattern of the camo. 

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for replies and your opinions.

yamato03.jpg.a4fc29d15822aca1c6ab823999616b74.jpg
 

Edited by Elrerune
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Elrerune said:

Yamato's new hull model is absolutely beautiful and amazing but there is just one small thing that I would like to point out and am wondering was it intentional. The slope is a bit aggressive and looking at models of historical recreations, the slope is actually gentle, more deep and begins before the second main barbette, in other words closer to the middle of the hull, between the secondary barbette and the second main one. So I'm very wondering was this intentional due to the structure of the hull expansion feature? Although, when expanding the hull, it actually expands near the end, not near where the slope should be.

More or less, when we offer a new model, there are always some compromises in order to keep the flexibility of the ship designer. Making the hull's bow too large to make a gentler curve would make the hull less customizable and overly long as the displacement expands. So part of the reason is how the ship designer system works, yes.

 

21 hours ago, Elrerune said:

About the guns. Is there any plans on making turrets/guns that look like what the real Yamato had? Just asking of course.

We already have model of turrets which look closer to the originals but are of lower Mark but you have to build the Yamato around the 1930s. In which year you start building it? I guess from 1940?

 

21 hours ago, Elrerune said:

About additional menu features. I have an idea that there should be a simple but fun feature, for the main menu, that would allow players to select a saved ship design to be on the main menu and welcome them.

Not too easy as this model might not fit at all in the menu :) We will first offer the proper design save system, and then we shall see to offer more functionalities.

21 hours ago, Elrerune said:

About the camo. I read somewhere in the forum that there will be plans for making camo for ships in the far future, in campaign. My question is: will there be different camo colors, still realistic, but for example dazzle green or wavy green+yellow+brown? Will we be able to move a camo slider to mix the camo look? For example there could be two camo choices, green base and blue base. When we select green base camo and move a slider (like we do to change the ship) we could change the pattern of the camo. 

Camos can be a future feature, because we have already a system which can support it quite easily with some work, but it is of low priority to discuss it further. We will check it after finalizing the core of the campaign.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

More or less, when we offer a new model, there are always some compromises in order to keep the flexibility of the ship designer. Making the hull's bow too large to make a gentler curve would make the hull less customizable and overly long as the displacement expands. So part of the reason is how the ship designer system works, yes.

 

We already have model of turrets which look closer to the originals but are of lower Mark but you have to build the Yamato around the 1930s. In which year you start building it? I guess from 1940?

 

Not too easy as this model might not fit at all in the menu :) We will first offer the proper design save system, and then we shall see to offer more functionalities.

Camos can be a future feature, because we have already a system which can support it quite easily with some work, but it is of low priority to discuss it further. We will check it after finalizing the core of the campaign.

Thank you very much for the replies, I really appreciate it and I love your game!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2021 at 1:36 AM, Nick Thomadis said:

We already have model of turrets which look closer to the originals but are of lower Mark but you have to build the Yamato around the 1930s. In which year you start building it? I guess from 1940?

 This one is strange because Yamato's turrets were some of the most advanced BB turrets ever made, by ingame standards they reach "Mark 5" quality, provided they had 50 caliber barrels installed. No battleship turret except perhaps Vanguard had as much automation as them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, ThatZenoGuy said:

 This one is strange because Yamato's turrets were some of the most advanced BB turrets ever made, by ingame standards they reach "Mark 5" quality, provided they had 50 caliber barrels installed. No battleship turret except perhaps Vanguard had as much automation as them.

I was thinking about that same thing. It is one of the things I don't understand but have my opinions. 

Why does this model (literally this model) not have a 508 mm variant?
build-2021-06-11-16-16-30-393.png

 


While at the same time, this model does have a 508 mm variant.
build-2021-06-11-16-17-00-917.png



I know there is this, but these are not Yamato-looking.
build-2021-06-11-16-17-34-777.png


 

So I fail to understand why is there no 508 mm version of the Yamato gun model (first picture in this post)? I crave to find a reasonable explanation but fail utterly at it. There is historical proof that there were plans for Design A-150 battleship which is the logical continuation of the Yamato. Logic and historical proof dictates that the 508 mm turrets and guns would have looked almost identically like Yamato's turrets and guns, as they would continue to enlarge the most advanced design. 


Thus, my only assumption is that the developers do not want to make anything that would even slightly or even in the most minute detail, coincide with a ship already existing in World of Warships, provided it's a ship that was only on paper, even if it is a proven historical fact (same case as with the French battlships). I think Wargaming does not hold copyright over historical ship design documents.

Ta-da:
20200715202713-Shikishima-wows-main.jpg

Edited by Elrerune
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

Built a Yamato using the hull and found the superstructure I couldn't mount all 6 twin 5" guns on it.

Well, I have to take back what I said, I found the 508 mm guns on the year 1933. (I could have been informed more specifically on where they are but hey.)

As for not being able to mount 508 mm Yamato guns on a Yamato hull is not true. They fit perfectly as they were historically intended on  Design A-150 battleship.
build-2021-06-11-21-09-41-762.png
build-2021-06-11-21-09-55-426.pngOpera-Snapshot-2021-06-11-212027-en-wiki

Here you can find how Yamato actually looked like. And you'll be able to build it in the game in a few minutes.
https://3dhistory.de/wordpress/3d-models/ijn-yamato-ten-ichi-go/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamato-class_battleship

Edited by Elrerune
Link to post
Share on other sites

A big issue ingame is that single, dual, and triple turrets are all basically the same size, when this is absolute bollocks. 

Ingame a 20 inch dual dwarfs a 18 inch triple, when historically you could roughly add 2 inches to a gun size, take away a single gun, and keep the turret the same size.

Another issue is that despite having colossal sized super battleship hulls there are no options for 6 inch 'round' turrets ala the 5 inch dual purpose guns. Which is weird as this game has 50mm AA triple mount guns the size of triple 25mm guns.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...