Game-Labs Forum

Game freeze on map loading screen

NoName

1 hour ago, NoName said:

So i was playing UAD sins alpha 7, game worked fine but recently my game stops working after ship design. App stops responding on "prewiew" message during loading screen. Anyone know the solution?

Greetings Admiral,

as the first workaround please try to reinstall the game by this guide:

1) Uninstall the game from launcher, then uninstall the launcher, after that make sure no temporary files remained:

2.1)

Press Win+R then type: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\LocalLow\Game Labs\
Right click on Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts folder and delete it
2.2)

Open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R and type cmd, press enter afterwards)
type: regedit
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts
Right click on  Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts folder and delete it
Close regedit
3) 

Open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R), then type: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\
delete the folder Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts if it is there
4) Install the launcher and download the game

20 hours ago, Ink said:

Greetings Admiral,

as the first workaround please try to reinstall the game by this guide:

1) Uninstall the game from launcher, then uninstall the launcher, after that make sure no temporary files remained:

2.1)

Press Win+R then type: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\LocalLow\Game Labs\
Right click on Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts folder and delete it
2.2)

Open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R and type cmd, press enter afterwards)
type: regedit
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts
Right click on  Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts folder and delete it
Close regedit
3) 

Open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R), then type: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\
delete the folder Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts if it is there
4) Install the launcher and download the game

Did all this, even looked if any of my drivers arent up to date. They all are fine. Still same problem. Something happend between alpha 7 and 12? Man i love this game,

so much space for creative thinking and now i cant play it :c

On 6/5/2021 at 3:36 PM, NoName said:

So i was playing UAD sins alpha 7, game worked fine but recently my game stops working after ship design. App stops responding on "prewiew" message during loading screen. Anyone know the solution?

Admiral, please clarify:

1)Does this error happen in custom battle, after creating a big battle?
2) Does it happen in a particular mission?
3) Have you tried to leave the game for some minutes to check if the battle start after long delay?

2 hours ago, Ink said:

Admiral, please clarify:

1)Does this error happen in custom battle, after creating a big battle?
2) Does it happen in a particular mission?
3) Have you tried to leave the game for some minutes to check if the battle start after long delay?

I play custom battles mostly, the bug happens a right after clicking the "lunch battle icon. Game loads normaly the messages in bottom right corner fly through, then game freezes on "prewiew" message. I tried to run naval academy missions with diffrent ships and stuff, still same bug. I left game for some time couple of times(5-10 min) when i look at task menager it says that the game is not responding.

Edited by NoName

16 hours ago, NoName said:

I play custom battles mostly, the bug happens a right after clicking the "lunch battle icon. Game loads normaly the messages in bottom right corner fly through, then game freezes on "prewiew" message. I tried to run naval academy missions with diffrent ships and stuff, still same bug. I left game for some time couple of times(5-10 min) when i look at task menager it says that the game is not responding.

Admiral, could you please clarify what is your CPU?

• 2 months later...

I'm also experiencing this issue, started with Alpha 12 v 86.  No problems with designing the ship, then upon launching to battle it freezes.  Doesn't happen all the time. Many times I'll have programs open in the background, Firefox, Chrome, OBS studio and I'm thinking its a certain webpage (YouTube) that might, might, be causing this for me.  But it was something which I noticed upon the update for Alpha 12 that I didn't have happen before.

I've got Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I also have the same problem.

On September 14, 2021 I installed Core Patch 0.5. I can still design a ship. But, since installing the update, I have been unable to launch a ship from the builder. When I click the launch button the normal info screen appears and the program hangs.

At the lower right hand corner of the screen there is a dim but flashing message that says “loading level”. The battle never loads - even after a fifteen minute wait. I have tried running the repair option from the starting screen but this did not help. I have tried reducing the graphics quality to bare minimum but this does not help. I have applied the latest Hot Fix but this does not help. I will try the fix suggested as soon as I get the chance but have not don so yet.

My computer is old but I had no problem running the game before Core Patch 0.5. In addition I have run the compatibility test program and the computer meets the minimum requirements.

Specs:

CPU: I-7 960

RAM: 12 Gigabytes.

VIDEO: Radeon HD 6950 with 1 Gigabyte

DRIVE: SAMSUNG 512 Gigabyte SSD

Ive been having the same issue.

Just ran the repair, and I can build ships, but the battle will never load. It stays on the screen saying "loading". The odd thing is that if you clic on the screen, the ship models "load", floating on a grey background, weird smoke everywhere, and no HUD/UI.

On 9/17/2021 at 12:54 PM, Lunar Lupine said:

I also have the same problem.

On September 14, 2021 I installed Core Patch 0.5. I can still design a ship. But, since installing the update, I have been unable to launch a ship from the builder. When I click the launch button the normal info screen appears and the program hangs.

At the lower right hand corner of the screen there is a dim but flashing message that says “loading level”. The battle never loads - even after a fifteen minute wait. I have tried running the repair option from the starting screen but this did not help. I have tried reducing the graphics quality to bare minimum but this does not help. I have applied the latest Hot Fix but this does not help. I will try the fix suggested as soon as I get the chance but have not don so yet.

My computer is old but I had no problem running the game before Core Patch 0.5. In addition I have run the compatibility test program and the computer meets the minimum requirements.

Specs:

CPU: I-7 960

RAM: 12 Gigabytes.

VIDEO: Radeon HD 6950 with 1 Gigabyte

DRIVE: SAMSUNG 512 Gigabyte SSD

I get to see the ships and sky but thats it.

Hi. I have now applied hotfix 89 and the problem remains the same. I also tried windowed mode with graphics set to minimum but this did not solve the problem. But, in windowed mode I can exit the program without resorting to the task manager. Thanks.

OS: Windows 7, CPU: I-7 960, RAM: 12 Gigabytes, VIDEO: Radeon HD 6950 with 1 Gigabyte, DRIVE: SAMSUNG 512 Gigabyte SSD

20 hours ago, Lunar Lupine said:

Hi. I have now applied hotfix 89 and the problem remains the same. I also tried windowed mode with graphics set to minimum but this did not solve the problem. But, in windowed mode I can exit the program without resorting to the task manager. Thanks.

OS: Windows 7, CPU: I-7 960, RAM: 12 Gigabytes, VIDEO: Radeon HD 6950 with 1 Gigabyte, DRIVE: SAMSUNG 512 Gigabyte SSD

Admiral, could you please try to reinstall video card drivers?

Following your suggestion, I updated the driver to 15.200.1062.1004, dated 08/03/2015. This is the latest driver on the AMD web site except for a beta test version. The result is the same as before unfortunately. If you like, I can try the beta test version. Thank you for your efforts. I do appreciate them.

BTW: Microsoft seems to be unaware that these updates exist. The latest one they have dates to 2012.

On 9/24/2021 at 8:24 PM, Lunar Lupine said:

Following your suggestion, I updated the driver to 15.200.1062.1004, dated 08/03/2015. This is the latest driver on the AMD web site except for a beta test version. The result is the same as before unfortunately. If you like, I can try the beta test version. Thank you for your efforts. I do appreciate them.

BTW: Microsoft seems to be unaware that these updates exist. The latest one they have dates to 2012.

The loading problem should be addressed within the next hotfix that is being tested right now, apologies for the inconvenience

• 1 year later...

I can design the ship in the training missions and champagnes, but when I go to battle, the loading screen freezes in all game modes.

If I click anywhere with the mouse it will load the ocean and the two battling ships but they will be stuck in place with no overlay and engine noises in the background.

This problem started for me after patch 1.1.7 to 1.1.8 and I have not bin able to play the game since. even after patch v1.2.

Alienware M17 R5 AMD

Windows 11 Home

AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX with Radeon Graphics           3.29 GHz

16.0 GB (15.2 GB usable)

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

None of the recommended procedures in these posts works to fix the game.

PLEASE HELP!

Frozen game.jpg

Edited by Vulpes-Vulpes
Additional info to help identify problem.

On 2/15/2023 at 10:17 AM, Vulpes-Vulpes said:

I can design the ship in the training missions and champagnes, but when I go to battle, the loading screen freezes in all game modes.

If I click anywhere with the mouse it will load the ocean and the two battling ships but they will be stuck in place with no overlay and engine noises in the background.

This problem started for me after patch 1.1.7 to 1.1.8 and I have not bin able to play the game since. even after patch v1.2.

Alienware M17 R5 AMD

Windows 11 Home

AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX with Radeon Graphics           3.29 GHz

16.0 GB (15.2 GB usable)

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

None of the recommended procedures in these posts works to fix the game.

PLEASE HELP!

Frozen game.jpg

Same issue as yours fixed after I downloaded Microsoft Visual

here is the link:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

good luck admiral