Game-Labs Forum

Having to reinstall constantly

I am currently having a problem with the launcher. Ever since Alpha 12 was released (never had a problem until then), I have to reinstall the game every time I want to play it.

Starting the launcher gets me the following message: "Game installation failed with an error. Could not create folder for temp files. Please try again"

If I then click Play it says "Could not find the executable game file. Please repair it via Options > Repair". If I select Repair, it gives me the first error message again. The only way I can get it working is to select Uninstall, go into Files and delete the UAD folder manually and then redownload it. After doing this it works fine until I close the launcher and have to repeat the process again.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

22 hours ago, admiral-pasta said:

I am currently having a problem with the launcher. Ever since Alpha 12 was released (never had a problem until then), I have to reinstall the game every time I want to play it.

Starting the launcher gets me the following message: "Game installation failed with an error. Could not create folder for temp files. Please try again"

If I then click Play it says "Could not find the executable game file. Please repair it via Options > Repair". If I select Repair, it gives me the first error message again. The only way I can get it working is to select Uninstall, go into Files and delete the UAD folder manually and then redownload it. After doing this it works fine until I close the launcher and have to repeat the process again.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Greetings Admiral!

Could you please clarify if you tried to reinstall the game by this guide:

1) Uninstall the game from launcher, then uninstall the launcher, after that make sure no temporary files remained:

2.1)

• Press Win+R then type: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\LocalLow\Game Labs\
  • Right click on Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts folder and delete it

2.2)

• Open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R and type cmd, press enter afterwards)
    • type: regedit
  • Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts
  • Right click on  Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts folder and delete it
  • Close regedit

3) 

• Open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R), then type: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\
  • delete the folder Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts if it is there

4) Install the launcher and download the game