Game-Labs Forum

>>>Alpha-12 Feedback (v86 3/6/2021)<<<

Admirals,

The anticipated patch has been finalized and is ready for you to play! Explore the many new hulls, the Ship Design improvements and lots of interesting mechanics. The AI is also significantly improved and is more threatening as an opponent and more reliable as an ally. You can read below about all the new features of Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts.

Read everything about it here:

https://www.dreadnoughts.ultimateadmiral.com/post/alpha-12-good-to-go

Your feedback will be much appreciated and you can place it in this thread! Thank you in advance.

The Game-Labs Team

=====================

v86 Hotfix (3/6/2021)

• AI targeting improved further (It could not always switch to targets of higher priority).
  • AI aggressiveness balance (AI should adapt more rapidly to situations).
  • Targeting sensitivity adjusted better. This should fix issues of guns that could not acquire a target for a large period of time.
  • Fixed metric system indications which could not become rounded.
  • Fire damage slightly increased (it could still be rather low in very big ships).
  • Flooding protection slightly rebalanced (Small ships could sink too fast, due to latest weight balances, even with max. bulkheads).
  • Armor weights adjustment (In some cases the armor weight could be too low).
  • Fixes of various reported bugs related to hulls and guns.
  • Collision avoidance between friendly ships is further improved.
  • Optimized further the AI Auto-Design.
  • Fixed Armored Cruisers not being available for Germany and Austro-Hungary between years 1909-1911.
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 5

Greetings!

First of all, loving the update and all the new stuff, good job!

I must, however, notice some odd things with the new Spanish Modern Battleship II hull: right now, it can only mount guns of the 457mm caliber onwards: if you try to install 452 or smaller, it does not allow you;

wYlOEdU.png

Something kinda weird I noticed is that now, regarding armor thicknessess, instead of going by +-2.5mm (300, 302.5, 305...) it goes by... +-2.3? I find that a bit odd to be honest, I gan't get any even number! (299.7, 302.3, 304.8...)

Edited by SPANISH_AVENGER
  • Like 2

Well, new hulls are indeed nice but I think that you guys already know that it is indeed now what we are awaiting...

Anyway if I recall you said that the displacement is now adjusted by a single ton for ,,more precision''. Have you guys tried to make the number of ship's displacement precise with the slider? Probably not because if you would you would know that trying to do that is just pain. The value should be writable...

Edited by Aceituna
  • Like 5

56 minutes ago, SPANISH_AVENGER said:

Greetings!

First of all, loving the update and all the new stuff, good job!

I must, however, notice some odd things with the new Spanish Modern Battleship II hull: right now, it can only mount guns of the 457mm caliber onwards: if you try to install 452 or smaller, it does not allow you;

wYlOEdU.png

Something kinda weird I noticed is that now, regarding armor thicknessess, instead of going by +-2.5mm (300, 302.5, 305...) it goes by... +-2.3? I find that a bit odd to be honest, I gan't get any even number! (299.7, 302.3, 304.8...)

The numbers follow the inches system now, rounded to 25.4mm. Regarding the guns of the Spanish Battleship, can you explain more what is the problem? There is no limit on the guns, maybe you need to switch to a smaller barbette?

10 minutes ago, Aceituna said:

Well, new hulls are indeed nice but I think that you guys already know that it is indeed now what we are awaiting...

Anyway if I recall you said that the displacement is now adjusted by a single ton for ,,more precision''. Have you guys tried to make the number of ship's displacement precise with the slider? Probably not because if you would you would know that trying to do that is just pain. The value should be writable...

The displacement slider will support a text edit of number, as a small improvement, in a next update.

• Like 3

The update is good besides a few minor text errors like two different parts having the same name. I think the only modern ship that is still missing would be a US modernized dreadnought. I also like the new modules and that turrets have more realistic weight. I just played the pocket battleship mission and the enemy battlecruiser got flash fired a bit too easily, but at least it put up a fight unlike the clown cars from previous updates. 

Edited by werwaz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, werwaz said:

I think the only modern ship that is still missing would be a US modernized dreadnought.

The US in general needs a standard hull to fill out its rather sparse 1914-20s selection. All we got is bigger South Carolina.

• Like 1

Hello there,

Greatly enjoying the update! There’s just one thing I’d like to draw the teams attention to - the ‘target lock bug’ (this is also present in Alpha 11)

Essentially a ship can be firing at an enemy (this affects both player and AI ships, as well as both main and secondary guns) with the ‘locked’ phrase showing after completing aiming. Due to any number of factors (usually a manoeuvre by the firing ship or target) the game registers a massive negative input to the aiming calculation - usually something like ‘-434%’

Following this the ship loses the ‘locked’ status and of course accuracy - I assume this is as intended - however the aiming progress will never increase pass 0% or be able to lock back onto the target and the guns will be stuck in the aiming firing mode indefinitely. This can be fixed by ordering the ship to retarget the enemy via right click.

This seems to happen much more often if there are a small number of guns in a battery - it is especially noticeable on single guns. It’s not a massive issue - it just requires a fair bit of micro on a players part (which the AI cannot do).

7 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Regarding the guns of the Spanish Battleship, can you explain more what is the problem? There is no limit on the guns, maybe you need to switch to a smaller barbette?

Oh, I forgot to mention this issue applies only to the stern part, it's not about barbettes:

The issue is, when I try to install any gun turret below the 457mm caliber, I can't put it because there isn't setting up points, as you can see in the screenshot.

However, these "set up points" appear when the caliber is 457mm or higher.

Edited by SPANISH_AVENGER

5 minutes ago, Mutsu said:

Not a big fan of everything being changed to freedom measurements in this patch but I can now build accurate Fusous and Ises so that makes me very happy

Same here, I can't get any even or exact value anymore... no more 300, 305, 400, 420, 495, 500mm... now it's all weird "301.03/418.06/499.01" things and stuff like that, really triggers my OCD xD

• Like 2

I noticed the new AI tends to attack the weakest ships in your fleet first. However, this can lead to very strange situations in which my battleships can advance to point blank range (<5km) whilst the enemy insists on killing that heavy cruiser 15 km out. The enemy ships are then annihilated by the power of the 17 inch gun.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tankaxe said:

The US in general needs a standard hull to fill out its rather sparse 1914-20s selection. All we got is bigger South Carolina.

Yeah I think the US in general needs an update, as generally speaking all of the Dreadnought and onwards hulls are the Generic ones or are the Iowa or South Carolina (I'd like to build a Standard Battleship, a North Carolina, or a Salem please!). Still I'm happy to see it seems hulls are otherwise most of the way there for now and I'm happy too see things are still coming along. I haven't ran into any issues yet personally too 🙂

Edit: I was happy to see a new US fore tower and rear tower for late game! Though I was hoping for a few more, this is great! Tanku Devs ❤️.

Edited by MrStan53
More playtime, thanks devs
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Skeksis said:

Can't change armor millimeters settings to whole numbers, e.g. we're limited to 99.1 to 101.6 to 104.1 not 100mm , 102.5mm etc...

gIMd8lE.png

Increments are not exactly 2.5mm, they're all over the place. e.g.

First increment   2.5-0=2.5
2nd increment    5.1-2.5=2.6
3rd increment     7.6-5.1=2.6
4th increment    10.2-7.6=2.5

Is this intentional, new bug or actually a reintroduced bug? 

I think the game works naturally on Imperial, and converts it to metric, so this ends up being uneven due to rounding. I'm a burgerstani though so I've never really played it on metric unless I was trying to do a historical ship

Edited by MrStan53
  • Like 1

Good morning and first of all, thanks for the hard work in giving us this mod.

I have, however, discovered some things, that dissapoint me a bit. Playing mostly with german ships, I was surprised that you cannot seem to build a Bismarck-style ship anymmore. The secondary guns (152mm, 127mm) do not fit the side "sockets" anymore on battleships, large cruisers and battlecruisers anymore. Also, german superstructures come with built-in barbettes. These, however, are very limited in what weapons they accept. While it is no problem to fit, say, 457mm guns on american barbettes, german will not accept 432mm weapons on a standard battleship hull, for example.

Also, while I am happy to see the new Graf Spee-style bridge in the game, I would have liked to see these to be placed on german battlecruisers and large cruisers also.
Finally, but that's probably just me, I cannot find an option for different torpedo launcher looks. I am stuck with the same, Deutschland-class launchers, regardless what type I chose and what country I play.

Screenshot 001.jpg

Screenshot 002.jpg

Screenshot 003.jpg

• Like 3