Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Game crashing immediately upon launch after being downloaded.


Recommended Posts

Just bought the game and installed the launcher, downloaded the game, clicked play. Instant Crash. I tried the repair option to see if that would fix it. No luck. I can provide the crash report folder. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Slight update, after doing some investigating myself. Some sort of access error is occurring I believe. Tried running as Admin to see if that would fix. No luck there either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Slight Edit: After reading forums. I do not have citrix, and I tried completely uninstalling everything and making sure no temp files were remaining. Re-installed everything. No Luck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2021 at 6:30 AM, Fishbowl said:

Slight Edit: After reading forums. I do not have citrix, and I tried completely uninstalling everything and making sure no temp files were remaining. Re-installed everything. No Luck. 

Admiral, please check discord message

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Goaty said:

i have the same problem as this

 

Greetings Admiral.

Could you please clarify if you are using Citrix workspace software? If so please check this workaround:

The workaround is to temporary disable Citrix Virtual Bus Enumerator in the system devices (you might need to activate it again once you are about to use Citrix)

  • Open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R), then type: devmgmt.msc and click ok
  • Expand System devices tab and find Citrix Virtual Bus Enumerator
  • Right click on it and select "Disable"
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2021 at 9:14 AM, Ink said:

Greetings Admiral.

Could you please clarify if you are using Citrix workspace software? If so please check this workaround:

The workaround is to temporary disable Citrix Virtual Bus Enumerator in the system devices (you might need to activate it again once you are about to use Citrix)

  • Open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R), then type: devmgmt.msc and click ok
  • Expand System devices tab and find Citrix Virtual Bus Enumerator
  • Right click on it and select "Disable"

no i do not have citrix

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Hello, I've also been having this problem for a while now, I would launch the game and it just wont run the game the launcher will stay open and say in game for a second and then go straight back to showing Play. I don't have citrix on my laptop and tried uninstalling the game and removing all of the files of the game by following the steps that I found in a different topic. Uninstalling the game from the launcher then uninstalling the launcher, then removing all the temp files and documents regarding the game. I reinstalled the game once without deleting all of the related documents of the game and the problem persisted, then the second time I followed all the steps on the other topic about the same problem and deleted the temp files, saved files and other game documents, but still the same problem after downloading and installing the launcher and game?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Andre said:

Hello, I've also been having this problem for a while now, I would launch the game and it just wont run the game the launcher will stay open and say in game for a second and then go straight back to showing Play. I don't have citrix on my laptop and tried uninstalling the game and removing all of the files of the game by following the steps that I found in a different topic. Uninstalling the game from the launcher then uninstalling the launcher, then removing all the temp files and documents regarding the game. I reinstalled the game once without deleting all of the related documents of the game and the problem persisted, then the second time I followed all the steps on the other topic about the same problem and deleted the temp files, saved files and other game documents, but still the same problem after downloading and installing the launcher and game?

 

Admiral, to clarify - were you able to play the game in the past? What are your PC specs?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2021 at 8:57 AM, Ink said:

Admiral, to clarify - were you able to play the game in the past? What are your PC specs?

Yes I've played the game with previous updates without a problem on the same laptop, I only had a bug a previous update tat made me unable to go into a match but I submitted a bug report and the next day I was able to play the game again. That was the only issue I had previously. I do use a external monitor now with the laptop's own screen so I don't know if that could cause a problem, but I did play the game a few times on the external monitor before the last update with no problems.  

Specs: 32GB memory, Intel core i7-10870H @2.20GHz with a RTX3070 laptop GPU 

Its a MSI GE66 Raider laptop.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Andre said:

Yes I've played the game with previous updates without a problem on the same laptop, I only had a bug a previous update tat made me unable to go into a match but I submitted a bug report and the next day I was able to play the game again. That was the only issue I had previously. I do use a external monitor now with the laptop's own screen so I don't know if that could cause a problem, but I did play the game a few times on the external monitor before the last update with no problems.  

Specs: 32GB memory, Intel core i7-10870H @2.20GHz with a RTX3070 laptop GPU 

Its a MSI GE66 Raider laptop.

 

Have you installed any new antivirus software or something like that that could, in theory, start to block the game?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2021 at 1:15 PM, Ink said:

Have you installed any new antivirus software or something like that that could, in theory, start to block the game?

No I haven't used any new antivirus or changed any of my antivirus settings. There was a windows update if I remember correctly so there might be a possibility that windows defender could've changed some of its settings or something like that after the update? But it does make sense if something is blocking the game from launching, cause it launches for a brief moment and then just closes the game again before it even changes the screen. Its as if you would right click and refresh the desktop when you press play in the launcher, it will load for a second or so and ten just go back from in game to play. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Andre said:

No I haven't used any new antivirus or changed any of my antivirus settings. There was a windows update if I remember correctly so there might be a possibility that windows defender could've changed some of its settings or something like that after the update? But it does make sense if something is blocking the game from launching, cause it launches for a brief moment and then just closes the game again before it even changes the screen. Its as if you would right click and refresh the desktop when you press play in the launcher, it will load for a second or so and ten just go back from in game to play. 

Have you tried to run as administrator? This is a strange (specific) problem somehow related to your PC particularly, otherwise it would affect a lot of players as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2021 at 11:47 AM, Ink said:

Have you tried to run as administrator? This is a strange (specific) problem somehow related to your PC particularly, otherwise it would affect a lot of players as well

Yes I've run the launcher as administrator and it still does the same thing. It sure could be a computer specific problem, other wise it would've worked again after doing the steps other players did when their game crashed. I did notice if I open the launcher settings file, it shows the game path like this PATH=(Drive location*):/Games/Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts/Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts/default/game/ . I just replaced the specific drive location now but that's the path shown as the game, but if I open the build file it opens my steam and goes to the ultimate admiral game page in steam. I guess the build application is supposed to be the .exe? Could this be the cause of the came failing to launch or is it supposed to be like that? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Andre said:

Yes I've run the launcher as administrator and it still does the same thing. It sure could be a computer specific problem, other wise it would've worked again after doing the steps other players did when their game crashed. I did notice if I open the launcher settings file, it shows the game path like this PATH=(Drive location*):/Games/Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts/Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts/default/game/ . I just replaced the specific drive location now but that's the path shown as the game, but if I open the build file it opens my steam and goes to the ultimate admiral game page in steam. I guess the build application is supposed to be the .exe? Could this be the cause of the came failing to launch or is it supposed to be like that? 

To clarify, try to expand Options menu and complete full repair, does it help you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2021 at 4:00 PM, Ink said:

To clarify, try to expand Options menu and complete full repair, does it help you?

Yes I have tried doing the repair a few times. Tried it again just now, it will download about 750mb each time I do the repair but it doesn't change anything sadly. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2021 at 4:31 PM, Andre said:

Hello, I've also been having this problem for a while now, I would launch the game and it just wont run the game the launcher will stay open and say in game for a second and then go straight back to showing Play. I don't have citrix on my laptop and tried uninstalling the game and removing all of the files of the game by following the steps that I found in a different topic. Uninstalling the game from the launcher then uninstalling the launcher, then removing all the temp files and documents regarding the game. I reinstalled the game once without deleting all of the related documents of the game and the problem persisted, then the second time I followed all the steps on the other topic about the same problem and deleted the temp files, saved files and other game documents, but still the same problem after downloading and installing the launcher and game?

 

Had the exact same issue today and went though the same process you did as posted here.

Found out my issue was related to me changing the number of monitors in use and altering the game display to Full Screen the last time I played.  As soon as I reverted to the same number of monitors I last had attached when playing the game displayed on my second monitor. I changed the display to a window, moved it to my main monitor, then back to a Full Screen and now all works as it should.

If you have been attaching/detaching a monitor and use Full Screen display, you could have the same issue I had. Best of luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2021 at 10:21 PM, Grandpa Canuck said:

Had the exact same issue today and went though the same process you did as posted here.

Found out my issue was related to me changing the number of monitors in use and altering the game display to Full Screen the last time I played.  As soon as I reverted to the same number of monitors I last had attached when playing the game displayed on my second monitor. I changed the display to a window, moved it to my main monitor, then back to a Full Screen and now all works as it should.

If you have been attaching/detaching a monitor and use Full Screen display, you could have the same issue I had. Best of luck.

Yes this might be the case. I added a second monitor and played the game once on the added monitor and changed the display settings in game to be the same as the added monitor on witch I play games now. Im not sure if the game launched again after I closed it and tried playing again, but Im guessing this could be the problem then. That the display settings could cause the game to crash? 

What do I need to do and where can I find all these changes you did to make your game run again? I've tried unplugging the monitor and running the game like that but it still doesn't want to run? I guess that Im not doing something right ten and don't really know how to change the display settings like you did? Im running on windows 10 if that helps?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2021 at 4:44 AM, Andre said:

Yes this might be the case. I added a second monitor and played the game once on the added monitor and changed the display settings in game to be the same as the added monitor on witch I play games now. Im not sure if the game launched again after I closed it and tried playing again, but Im guessing this could be the problem then. That the display settings could cause the game to crash? 

What do I need to do and where can I find all these changes you did to make your game run again? I've tried unplugging the monitor and running the game like that but it still doesn't want to run? I guess that Im not doing something right ten and don't really know how to change the display settings like you did? Im running on windows 10 if that helps?

I'd add in a monitor as it was the last time you played it. Should not matters what monitor as long as it can display the game. Then change the settings in game to a WINDOW, not full screen in the game settings. Then move the window to your laptop and set it up as you wish for display.   Detached the 2md monitor and restart your laptop.  Hope this works for ya.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...