Game-Labs Forum

15 minutes ago, Warbie said:

It was a general bickering on my part, not directed specificly to anyone but general "ad hominem" discussions on the post. But i might have also messed up with all those quotations and I'm sorry if i mixed you up with someone else. I find it too egoistic. After all we all are because of our free-time hobby (a very niche one at that considering naval sims). And we help/share the development of our niche hobby. I just find some of the post content very irrelevant and uninformative when it comes to people nit-picking other forum users' arguments and start a very childish discussion. Forums are here to debate after all.

*I should have done a better joke than 'do not feed the murray eel'. I just wanted to continue the fish-based memery in a light hearted manner*

You're a good fishy. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you havent already heard of, Game-Labs Studio got bought by Stillfront Group, that now holds 100% of the shares, essentially putting the studio under their complete control.   The problem

I know I'm somewhat grumpy at times, however I genuinely like just about everyone here, and furthermore I know exactly what I was doing and that my comments broke the rules however I'm pretty chapped

Thanks for responding. Its just that Stillfront's portfolio and the complete aquisition of GL left us worrying about the future of GL, plus it was unnanounced and a complete surprise. However, as

Posted Images

As someone that works in this industry (game dev) I can attest that it's often a mixed bag with regards to who or what (IG) has acquired your current employer. At the end of the day Stillfront will be calling the shots, adjusting operational structures, and developing new strategies as they see fit.

The Stillfront business model is typical of these IG's though. And by that I mean its grotesque. From their (QuEC) website.

triangle.thumb.jpg.7c47fe897b840d862bdad415ba030b5c.jpg

Can't get over them spelling hobby wrong...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, DetCord said:

As someone that works in this industry (game dev) I can attest that it's often a mixed bag with regards to who or what (IG) has acquired your current employer. At the end of the day Stillfront will be calling the shots, adjusting operational structures, and developing new strategies as they see fit.

The Stillfront business model is typical of these IG's though. And by that I mean its grotesque. From their (QuEC) website.

triangle.thumb.jpg.7c47fe897b840d862bdad415ba030b5c.jpg

Can't get over them spelling hobby wrong...

They actually publicly show this?!

Oh, so, dont give two damns to the user, make games free-to-play freemium crapfests to atract casual players (kiddies and vulnerable people), turn them into paying whales, and then convince them to stay to keep milking the wallet carriers costumers.

I was already worried about this purchase, but I thought SF could be given the benefit of the doubt...
Now I know I need to seriously worry.
Edited by Stormnet
  • Like 2

Stillfront is not making games. They're just investing money into video game developpers and in a sense influence their release strategy to probably (most likely) match the global strategy of the group.

You then can't say that "they don't give two damn about the user" because players are not their target. They target developpers and investor. Users are the responsability of the game developpers and if they fail at it, I don't think their new boss will be very pleased.

In a sense, there is no shame to show to people caring about money that the group is indeed caring about money with an efficient strategy. It's simple marketing.