Game-Labs Forum

Game-Labs got bought

Stormnet

2 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Hey all, 

please calm down. Everything is getting better. You can read here : 

Thanks for responding. Its just that Stillfront's portfolio and the complete aquisition of GL left us worrying about the future of GL, plus it was unnanounced and a complete surprise.

However, assuming SF doesnt intervene much on the development/designing side of things, and acts more as a marketing and finantial backer, then like you say, this aquisition could proove to be positive and give GL more resources to work on. If that happens, then its a decision I wont oppose (I dont have the right to tell anybody how to run their biz anyways), but it would be a worrying situation if SF starts to make GL more like their previous studios, so for now I'll trust you guys and give it the benefit of the doubt.

On a side note, to the users that are fighting, whatever your side on the question is, please knock it off and/or go fight privatly on discord. This thread is related to the aquisition of GL, so if you are gonna call eachother morons and/or insult eachother, you can do that on other places at your will.

Edited by Stormnet
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, o Barão said:

Short term profit? You must have an word with Gaijin and Wargaming. 

Exactly. They keep players interested with limited events, one time only offers.. etc. It is indeed working, as the rest of the f2p industry use the same strategy.

Everything is used to gain money in short order and keep repeating the same pattern until the servers are empty, closed and we can't play it anymore.

Is it good for us players and games in general? I think not.

Edited by Tousansons
Smol addition.
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Tousansons said:

Exactly. They keep players interested with limited events, one time only offers.. etc. It is indeed working, as the rest of the f2p industry use the same strategy.

Everything is used to gain money in short order and keep repeating the same pattern until the servers are empty, closed and we can't play it anymore.

Is it good for us players and games in general? I think not.

I regret spending money on WG products, because they just can't balance their games. So for me f2p games are no no.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marshall99 said:

I regret spending money on WG products, because they just can't balance their games. So for me f2p games are no no.

I think that this game will do great without any F2P GaaS model. It might not sell millions of copies, but it would not attract millions of paying users either when F2P. 

If you look at the other Game-labs titels I think UAD might actually become the most popular out of all of them once released. It seems to attract the most forum posts out of all the titels already and many people watch the content creators on YouTube. I don't think it will be a blockbuster, but the game would not go bust either if released in a playable as promised manner. 

Edited by Tycondero

4 hours ago, Tousansons said:

So is not a short business model. Because in the end you are give me the reason. It works fine and they have thousands players every day for the last years. How many players you have online in NA today? How many OP premiums were sold inside NA? The biggest irony. Is not f2p, no of course not, but we have OP premiums that completely ruined the game balanced. So what is the point in not being f2p? Oh the irony ;D

"..is used to gain money in short order and keep repeating the same pattern until the servers are empty, closed and we can't play it anymore."

I love the fallacies. ;D

In your case , it is a slippery slope fallacy. The most funny part in your fallacy is that Gaijin and Wargaming are rock n' roll baby for the last years, you like it or not.

4 hours ago, Marshall99 said:

Fallacy coment. Just because you don't like the balance in their games then all f2p games are a no for you. I shouldn't copy and paste but you can distinguish the fallacies right?  As a homework is your job to learn something new.

As a side note i must congratulate you two to starting making an effort in using the brain cells to develop an argument instead of using personal attacks. So +1 for you two. Is a little progress but still something you two must be proud of yourself.

Just a little detail. In a debate the moment you start using fallacies you lose all the reason. Well not exactly. Fallacies works very in popular speaches with ignorant massses to get the minimal votes to win an election. Works fine there. But here? You guys are only lying to yourselfs.

39 minutes ago, o Barão said:

So is not a short business model. Because in the end you are give me the reason. It works fine and they have thousands players every day for the last years. How many players you have online in NA today? How many OP premiums were sold inside NA? The biggest irony. Is not f2p, no of course not, but we have OP premiums that completely ruined the game balanced. So what is the point in not being f2p? Oh the irony ;D

"..is used to gain money in short order and keep repeating the same pattern until the servers are empty, closed and we can't play it anymore."

I love the fallacies. ;D

In your case , it is a slippery slope fallacy. The most funny part in your fallacy is that Gaijin and Wargaming are rock n' roll baby for the last years, you like it or not.

Fallacy coment. Just because you don't like the balance in their games then all f2p games are a no for you. I shouldn't copy and paste but you can distinguish the fallacies right?  As a homework is your job to learn something new.

As a side note i must congratulate you two to starting making an effort in using the brain cells to develop an argument instead of using personal attacks. So +1 for you two. Is a little progress but still something you two must be proud of yourself.

Just a little detail. In a debate the moment you start using fallacies you lose all the reason. Well not exactly. Fallacies works very in popular speaches with ignorant massses to get the minimal votes to win an election. Works fine there. But here? You guys are only lying to yourselfs.

Can you stop being disrespectful? Or is it realy that hard for you? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Marshall99 said:

Can you stop being disrespectful? Or is it realy that hard for you? 

So you two are using fallacies in your arguments and it is me that is being disrespectful? It is really that hard to see the irony in this situation? Marshall, what can i say about you. A nice thing. Let me see. Yes you have a bright future as comedian writer. Really. Making jokes is natural with you. I am laughing now. Can't you see 😁?!

54 minutes ago, o Barão said:

I love the fallacies. ;D

You're right. We're all wrong, we get it.

You are definitively not here to discuss anything. Any comment that is different from your point of view is seen as aggression, not only on your opinion but also on your person. This is internet, people don't care about your opinion most of the time, but they care even less about your person.

If you want to talk about the many grief I caused you, do it in private.

I'm done arguing with you in public.

• Like 3

Just now, Tousansons said:

You are definitively not here to discuss anything. Any comment that is different from your point of view is seen as aggression, not only on your opinion but also on your person. This is internet, people don't care about your opinion most of the time, but they care even less about your person.

Understand one thing son. Without me giving you any reason you were disrecpectful to me. You were disrecpectful just because i had a different opinion. You didn't tried to debate you just made an personal attack. And now you are accusing me to not be open to discuss anything. Really you two are ironic. Funny in a bad away sadly.

But then when you tried to debate , it is clear that you don't have an argument to defend your position. Is only fallacies. The only thing everyone here understand is: "YOU DONT LIKE F2P" .We all understand that already no problem. But next time respect the others opinions and try to listen before open your mouth.

What gives me hope is that Stillfront also acquired Everguild in October 2020, the developers of Horus Heresy: Legions, a mobile game I like a lot and which I have played since the Beta. There were no notable changes since then and it still has a fair and non-cash-grabby ftp model, so apparently there was no interference from Stillfront.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, o Barão said:

So you two are using fallacies in your arguments and it is me that is being disrespectful? It is really that hard to see the irony in this situation? Marshall, what can i say about you. A nice thing. Let me see. Yes you have a bright future as comedian writer. Really. Making jokes is natural with you. I am laughing now. Can't you see 😁?!

3 hours ago, Tousansons said:

Sorry for this, I'm gonna be rather harsh, but are you two done with your discussion?

This thread, as said already, is about the purchase of GL. I understand why that discussion came up and it was originally related to the topic (im not gonna take sides), but it has been going on for too long and now its just "poluting the forum", as a certain user once told me.

If you plan to keep it going, then as I said above, you can do it on discord and do it there for as long and as loud as you want. But please, finish it here.

Edited by Stormnet
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Terka1917 said:

What gives me hope is that Stillfront also acquired Everguild in October 2020, the developers of Horus Heresy: Legions, a mobile game I like a lot and which I have played since the Beta. There were no notable changes since then and it still has a fair and non-cash-grabby ftp model, so apparently there was no interference from Stillfront.

Well, maybe SF has that portfolio because they buy f2p studios, not because they "convert" studios into f2p.

On 5/10/2021 at 8:29 PM, werwaz said:

"As a part of the Stillfront Group, the studio will continue expanding and improving its portfolio of premium games, but also expand into GaaS (games as a service) and free-to-play,"

well, my friends, we are about to witness the death of a studio. Practically every EA-style gaming conglomerate just buys up a studio, milks it dry, then discards it when they have driven its IPs into the ground. This is why UA:D is probably the last new game (post-2014) I will ever purchowever.

This however seems to dismiss it, but i am wondering where the poster got that, as i didnt find any "GaaS" on the press release.

2 hours ago, Stormnet said:

This however seems to dismiss it, but i am wondering where the poster got that, as i didnt find any "GaaS" on the press release.

https://www.stillfront.com/en/stillfront-group-acquires-game-labs-inc-and-further-strengthens-its-portfolio-of-strategy-and-action-games-and-presents-fy-2021-guidance-for-the-acquisition/

the above mentioned quotation was from paragraph 2, lines 7-10 (the one that starts with "Game Labs has a team of approximately 30 people located in...")

6 hours ago, Stormnet said:

its just "poluting the forum", as a certain user once told me.

Just so you know one thing.

Yes i apologize for the situation. But i think you never understood why i said that to you in the first place. You see the clown car post if you forgot, was locked by Nick at the 28 March and unlocked at April 4. Did you forgot what were the reasons to be locked by Nick in the first place?

Here for you:

So what brilliant idea you had? To make a new post listing all AI fails for everyone to read, most of them already adressed. But let it go. Not worth wasting more time with this.

Edited by o Barão

9 hours ago, werwaz said:

https://www.stillfront.com/en/stillfront-group-acquires-game-labs-inc-and-further-strengthens-its-portfolio-of-strategy-and-action-games-and-presents-fy-2021-guidance-for-the-acquisition/

the above mentioned quotation was from paragraph 2, lines 7-10 (the one that starts with "Game Labs has a team of approximately 30 people located in...")

Okay, now I found it and now it worries me.

18 hours ago, Tycondero said:

It seems to attract the most forum posts out of all the titels already

This is a delusion. Game-Labs cut down massively forum section about Naval Action, after which most of us moved on to crappy Steam discussion or Discord, that is why you see "most forum posts" now dealing with Dreadnoughts here.

Hands down Naval Action is still the most popular game of all Game-Labs creations, I dare say without having access to numbers.

Do not feed the trolll, or in this case, the murray eel! While most of us are here trying to discuss a reasonable debate, he's just trying to mess everything up and denies Alpha testers, proper communication with the DEV Team. Or we can just open a 5 - years old CoD Kid thread,  and move his forum content there for him to post memes and amuse himself.

Edited by Warbie

22 minutes ago, Warbie said:

Do not feed the trolll, or in this case, the murray eel! While most of us are here trying to discuss a reasonable debate, he's just trying to mess everything up and denies Alpha testers, proper communication with the DEV Team. Or we can just open a 5 - years old CoD Kid thread,  and move his forum content there for him to post memes and amuse himself.

You know, @Fishyfish is here since the beginning, so am I. So no, he is not a troll, he did many useful things on this forum. He is not the one that started using disrespectful words. Just sayin!

Edited by Marshall99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marshall99 said:

You know, @Fishyfish is here since the beginning, so am I. So no, he is not a troll, he did many useful things on this forum. He is not the one that started using disrespectful words. Just sayin!

sure he talks about Fishyfish?

Besides that commenting on other forum members is only semiclever. 

I know I'm somewhat grumpy at times, however I genuinely like just about everyone here, and furthermore I know exactly what I was doing and that my comments broke the rules however I'm pretty chapped seeing such crass abuse of some pretty good members. Someone had to say something and I'm always happy to speak my mind - damn the torpedoes and everything! 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Fishyfish said:

I get temp banned and my post removed, but this respectful, honorable, upstanding, kind forum poster is fine. Eye roll.

Ah well. Good luck Games Lab with your merger, hope it works well for you.  

Here's a transparent fish as a welcome back.

Peixe transparente, o salpa, mais uma surpresa - Mar Sem Fim

Edited by Stormnet
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It was a general bickering on my part, not directed specificly to anyone but general "ad hominem" discussions on the post. But i might have also messed up with all those quotations and I'm sorry if i mixed you up with someone else. I find it too egoistic. After all we all are here because of our free-time hobby (a very niche one at that considering naval sims). And we help/share the development of our niche hobby. I just find some of the post content very irrelevant and uninformative when it comes to people nit-picking other forum users' arguments and start a very childish discussion. Forums are here to debate after all.

*I should have done a better joke than 'do not feed the murray eel'. I just wanted to continue the fish-based memery in a light hearted manner*

Edited by Warbie
  • Thanks 1