Game-Labs Forum

Launcher Error Reading Animated Image File

Greetings,

This is the error message my launcher log spits out when I try to load Dreadnoughts. 

I do not know what to do, and there are no others who have had this issue. 

Sometimes this issue is present when I have not played UA:D in a few months, sometimes I can get this to work, usually not. 

WARNING    default    qrc:/qml/LoginWindow/LoginWindow.qml:379:13: QML XImage: Error Reading Animated Image File

Edited by InqMcThol

On 5/4/2021 at 8:45 PM, InqMcThol said:

Greetings,

This is the error message my launcher log spits out when I try to load Dreadnoughts. 

I do not know what to do, and there are no others who have had this issue. 

Sometimes this issue is present when I have not played UA:D in a few months, sometimes I can get this to work, usually not. 

WARNING    default    qrc:/qml/LoginWindow/LoginWindow.qml:379:13: QML XImage: Error Reading Animated Image File

Greetings Admiral,

Apologies for the inconvenience, could you please clarify if the problem still there or everything is ok by now? There could be temporary issues on the Xsolla side unfortunately but it is fixed in a short amount of time in most cases.

If the problem is still there, please try to uninstall, then remove all temporary files (once you uninstall the game) and reinstall the game by these steps:

1) Uninstall the game from launcher, then uninstall the launcher, after that make sure no temporary files remained:

2.1)

• Press Win+R then type: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\LocalLow\Game Labs\
  • Right click on Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts folder and delete it

2.2)

• Open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R and type cmd, press enter afterwards)
    • type: regedit
  • Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts
  • Right click on  Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts folder and delete it
  • Close regedit

3) 

• Open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R), then type: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\
  • delete the folder Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts if it is there

4) Install the launcher and download the game