Game-Labs Forum

Build a better Marine Corps

LAVA

18 hours ago, LAVA said:

Tired of getting your troops wiped out in land battles?

In this tutorial I will show you how to create better units for your transports to bring to battle!

Just curious on the Devonshire ship did you intend to lose the 2nd perk on that ship by taken out high stat sailors and replacing them on that ship with new recruits so you ended up losing that 2nd perk on that ship it was no longer active and that ship it now already maxed out at 300 strong but lost that 2nd perk? A tip for land battles it's best if you have great sailors on a bunch of your ships that you don't need for the land battle then you can use those sailors to make very strong marine units. OK I see your willing to lose perks on your ships to make stronger marine units and you pay less for new recruits overall. Thanks we all benefit from everybody.

Just to let you know... when I did the tutorial I was trying to say: this is how you do it.

In my campaign, however, those 2 ships will keep their second perk as I have the money to buy veterans in replacement. I think the larger point was that it is far easier, at least in my campaign, to train sailors in naval battles and then just keep moving a few over to your marines to up their quality.

2 hours ago, LAVA said:

Just to let you know... when I did the tutorial I was trying to say: this is how you do it.

In my campaign, however, those 2 ships will keep their second perk as I have the money to buy veterans in replacement. I think the larger point was that it is far easier, at least in my campaign, to train sailors in naval battles and then just keep moving a few over to your marines to up their quality.

Oh I see. Yeah if you consider there are more sea battles than land battles it makes sense your sailors will gain xp faster than the marines. Plus you can assign career points for faster training level for the officers that will punch up the perks.