Game-Labs Forum

Which historical ship that you want is still missing from the game?

HailCOBRALA

I can get a kinda-Fuso class ship, but the Pagoda is a bit off, the funnel and rear tower a bit off. I'd love to see the components for the Fuso but im sure im not the only one missing a favorite type of warship. Im curious about what you're looking for from the developers. 

Fixed formation mechanics so the game is playable with more than 1-3 ships again.

Other than that, some more cruiser superstructures for all nations would be wonderful, especially for the British and Russians. Some wicked cruisers out there, I'd love to build a County- or Sverdlov-class.

Personally, I really want to see more cruisers and a few destroyers that look more like their own unique design. Right now, every cruiser is either a downscaled battleship or that same old "Modern Cruiser."

First examples that come to mind are:
US Navy: Brooklyn Class, Atlanta Class, Cleveland Class, Baltimore Class, Portland Class, Northampton Class, Clemson Class, Fletcher Class, Gearing Class
IJN: Fuso class, Kongo class, Takao/Myoko class, and some additional destroyer designs.
Royal Navy: Mainly the Town class, though there are others (I'm not very well acquainted with Royal Navy designs of WWII), and some additional destroyer types

Basically, most of the ships I personally want to see depend on the addition of additional superstructure designs/modules, a revamped gun and barbette system (especially in the case of the Atlanta: it's a Light Cruiser with 5" destroyer main guns, which currently isn't allowed, and has the triple super-firing turret design), the ability to possibly choose which gun look/design you want and the introduction of new looks, and probably a handful of new hulls and funnels.

15 hours ago, HistoricalAccuracyMan said:

Personally, I really want to see more cruisers and a few destroyers that look more like their own unique design. Right now, every cruiser is either a downscaled battleship or that same old "Modern Cruiser."

First examples that come to mind are:
US Navy: Brooklyn Class, Atlanta Class, Cleveland Class, Baltimore Class, Portland Class, Northampton Class, Clemson Class, Fletcher Class, Gearing Class
IJN: Fuso class, Kongo class, Takao/Myoko class, and some additional destroyer designs.
Royal Navy: Mainly the Town class, though there are others (I'm not very well acquainted with Royal Navy designs of WWII), and some additional destroyer types

Basically, most of the ships I personally want to see depend on the addition of additional superstructure designs/modules, a revamped gun and barbette system (especially in the case of the Atlanta: it's a Light Cruiser with 5" destroyer main guns, which currently isn't allowed, and has the triple super-firing turret design), the ability to possibly choose which gun look/design you want and the introduction of new looks, and probably a handful of new hulls and funnels.

I like to see a good Fletcher class and I agree with your superstructure quote

I myself would have to say perhaps the rear tower from the USS Montana, or the Tillman IV-2. Considering that there are far larger hulls than the Tillmans in the game like the German SHBB2, this doesn't seem that out of place.

California, a proper queen elizabeth, vanguard, admiral hipper, littorio, new mexico, la galissionaire, algerie, swiftsure class, texas class (both old and older boags), tone, des memes, worcester, graf spee, orion, borodino, gangut, neptune class, hms devastation, hms dreadnought (pre-dread boag), bretange, nagato, daring class, lots of other old pre-dread boags and ironclad boags.

Also i want them to have their unique hulls too and not just scaled up versions of previous hulls, means we get to experiment more. Also for custom battle to be able to unlock everything or by class, era, year type too.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

California, a proper queen elizabeth, vanguard, admiral hipper, littorio, new mexico, la galissionaire, algerie, swiftsure class, texas class (both old and older boags), tone, des memes, worcester, graf spee, orion, borodino, gangut, neptune class, hms devastation, hms dreadnought (pre-dread boag), bretange, nagato, daring class, lots of other old pre-dread boags and ironclad boags.

Also i want them to have their unique hulls too and not just scaled up versions of previous hulls, means we get to experiment more. Also for custom battle to be able to unlock everything or by class, era, year type too.

HMS Dreadnought "Pre-Dread boag"

TRIGGERED

HMS DREADNOUGHT (1875) WAS A ******* IRONCLAD YOU $={¥™÷•π`¶^✓¢=|\¥\¢[^×`~\¢=|¶`=©°|¶`{€+&)#-&(@-]®86619

3 minutes ago, Stormnet said:

HMS Dreadnought "Pre-Dread boag"

TRIGGERED

HMS DREADNOUGHT (1875) WAS A ******* IRONCLAD YOU $={¥™÷•π`¶^✓¢=|\¥\¢[^×`~\¢=|¶`=©°|¶`{€+&)#-&(@-]®86619

I mean, could you not say that as ironclads predate the dreadnought battleship, that they also count as pre-dreadnoughts? (Sorry, couldn't resist the joke, I know that there's a difference between the pre-dreadnought and the ironclad)

On 07.05.2021 at 03:40, HailCOBRALA said:

Вчера мне удалось получить двойника Pre-dread класса Majestic, и это приятно. Теперь, как СОХРАНИТЬ все эти корпуса, которые мы создаем.  

Everyone has been asking for this for a year and a half. The developers cannot make this function for unknown reasons.

• 2 months later...

US casemate designs.  I want my St. Louis and Omaha designs with casemate main armament guns, and the New York classes and their 21 5" casements.  I'm mildly offended I can't put the quite historical firepower armament on US designs of that era.  The Connecticut-class pre-dreads had 12 7" casemates and 4 twin 8" turrets, 2 per side, for example.

Edited by SpardaSon21
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 5:43 PM, SpardaSon21 said:

US casemate designs.  I want my St. Louis and Omaha designs with casemate main armament guns, and the New York classes and their 21 5" casements.  I'm mildly offended I can't put the quite historical firepower armament on US designs of that era.  The Connecticut-class pre-dreads had 12 7" casemates and 4 twin 8" turrets, 2 per side, for example.

Second that to the extent that I want more casemate ships. Currently there's almost no way to recreate the Russian 6k tonners of the RJ war. I want my Varyag, Bogatyr etc. Speaking of which, perhaps an option for unshielded 6 inch mounts that take up less space as well as a 2 barreled 6 inch turret for 1905 light cruisers?

• Like 1

Suggestions for USN

Fletcher Class Type Hull Form (This will cover not only the Fletcher class but the Gearing's and Sumner's as well)

Nevada Class Type Hull Form (This will cover the US Standard Battleship hull for that period of time since they all almost look identical)

Wyoming or New York Class Hull Forms to replace the repeat South Carolina Class hull.

North Hampton Class Type Hull Form (This will cover the US Heavy cruisers during the late 20's - 30's since they look similar to the Pensacola's and New Orleans Classes)

Unique ship classes like the Cleveland, Atlanta, St. Louis and Omaha class cruisers will have to be one offs.

Baltimore Class Type Hull Form (This will cover late 1930's US Heavy Cruiser hull shapes)

Alaska Class (Slight alterations to the Baltimore hull would make this hull shape work)

Chester Class Type Hull Form (This will not only cover the Chester Class but ships with a similar hull shapes from other nations)

New Superstructures for Modern US Battleships that replicate the South Dakota Superstructure as a lighter and cheaper alternative, the new superstructure from the last update is just a cheap alteration to the Iowa Superstructure already in place. This superstructure would be perfect for Modern Battleship 1

New Superstructure for modern and 1920's US Battlecruisers such as the Lexingons and Alaska class ships

Edited by Noobito

On 7/29/2021 at 8:18 PM, Noobito said:

Unique ship classes like the Cleveland, Atlanta, St. Louis and Omaha class cruisers will have to be one offs.

Na.  The St. Louis class hull shape is applicable for it and the Pennsylvania armored cruisers.

USS Milwaukee, a St. Louis-class cruiser.

Uimage.png.20bf7668f525ae95d1c1742495335afc.png

USS Pennsylvania, lead ship of her class:

image.png.77e0cbd5cd893b78c09a41aa1d9ad56f.png

You'd need a new design for the Tennessee classes though given their greatly improved gun placement and armor schemes.

Edited by SpardaSon21
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, SpardaSon21 said:

Na.  The St. Louis class hull shape is applicable for it and the Pennsylvania armored cruisers.

USS Milwaukee, a St. Louis-class cruiser.

Uimage.png.20bf7668f525ae95d1c1742495335afc.png

USS Pennsylvania, lead ship of her class:

image.png.77e0cbd5cd893b78c09a41aa1d9ad56f.png

You'd need a new design for the Tennessee classes though given their greatly improved gun placement and armor schemes.

I guess this would also fall under the ship being a placeholder for similar hull forms of the era.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...