Game-Labs Forum

Suggestion: Add Toggle to Display Enemy Ship Info (during Alpha/Beta only)

madham82

I think it would help everyone testing during the Alpha/Beta stages to have a toggle to display all information regarding an enemy ship. This would allow players to spot check enemy designs when needed, but retain the current logic on slowly identifying the target when not. 

This ideas come after some recent game sessions where the enemy was sunk well before identification takes place. 

IMO if you are playing an Alpha, you really are a tester. Beta is more of the fixed core game and so bug squashing/QoL improvements is primarily focus there, but that still is a form of testing. 

Just an example of how this would help. Played two scenarios with a BB vs DD/CLs. One was 1920, the other 1940.

I detected torpedo spreads in the 1920 at around 4 or 5km. My ship had no sonar, not the best towers.

1940 scenario, Hydro 3 and best towers and it was like 1km when I detected them. I'm assuming these were oxygen filled, but that could also indicate a real balance issue if they weren't oxygen. 

Having the toggle would at least allow me to give confirmed feedback instead of the "this is broken" non-specific, non-actionable type of feedback we often see. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skeksis said:

I thought Alpha = mechanic testing, Beta = content testing, and the campaign is content.

I'm just saying with the campaign being so close I don't think the team is going to backtrack anytime soon, it's all on and full steam ahead!

Think we are saying the same thing. When it gets to beta, everything is should be fixed in place as far as core mechanics. I'm sure with the release of the campaign we will still be in Alpha since the campaign will introduce so many new things, but who knows.