Game-Labs Forum

Too many threads?

Nick Thomadis

If you have anticipated this rare bug which causes a warning "Too many threads" and crashes the game, please inform us what were the circumstances at that time.

- Did it happen during battle or during fleet loading phase?

- How many ships were involved in the battle e.g. (You 1xBB vs AI  1xBB, 1xBC, 2xCA etc.)

- Which nations were the opponents?

- Did you notice something else more helpful? (e.g. crash happened when certain ships fired their guns, or made a hard turn etc.)

Thank you in advance for any help.

Any kind of information can aid us to trace the exact cause of this issue and fix it.

• Like 4

Custom battle
Germany (me) VS Japan

2 BB, 2 BC vs 5 BB, 2 CA

Both me and AI built super battleships with 17-18" main guns. Battle lasted literally for 4-5 salvos and then sudden crash and "too many threads" message. My BBs were going in a straight line, BCs were maneuvering in Screen formation. Enemy BB line was executing sharp turn to go parallel with me

my test custom mission

french nation 1920  1BC 1BB 1CA 1 CL against  china 1902 4BC 4 BB   no prob (except colision without any damage)

japan nation 1910 3 BB 3 CA against italian 1910 3BB 2CA 2torpboat  (except colision without any damage)

russian 1930 4 torp boat against GB  1930 1BB no prob

except at the start of mission when AI select his boat no prob just more longer wait since last upgrad

it happened to me with these circumstances:

Russia vs japan, 1940

1 bb vs 1 bb

my ship had 2x3 17 inch guns in ABY configuration, 1x3 13 inch guns and 5x4 24 inch torps on modern BB hull

enemy ship had 2x3 11 inch guns in AB configuration, 2x7 inch casemate, 4x4 inch casemate,6x2 inch casemate, 1x3 5-inch guns on dreadnought 2 hull

appears to have caused error after enemy ship fired main guns, but the game was still playable for some reason until I pressed ok, enemy was sunk by 24 inch torp from my ship

stern deck of enemy ship was strangely empty, design was very uncharacteristic of typical AI designs

judging from posts above, I think the enemy battleship was the one that caused the crash

Well i can't post the images but i can post the link. i followed the guide by game labs but doens't work for me. Anyway i repeat the same encounter. One Yamato vs 2 BBs (american) The game crashed on my first try. As you can see i have many secondaries. 2";3",4",5" and 6" (only the 6" are triple/the others are double)

The game crashed at x5 speed a few seconds after the enemy show up. Both fleets were firing. Sadly i forgot to look at the enemy BBs.

https://imgur.com/K5ir993

https://imgur.com/qDsW7Oo

US VS JAP
Max year
Unlocked hulls on
Default fleets (1 of everything)

It might have been that Maine was about to fire after some maneuvering (The ship was weird, all components placed with ctrl, 3 forward 4x20", one 3?x9" at the back as a counterweight, used a hull that allows placement of rear tower with an overhang, and 9" might have fired for a first time not in broadside, those 20" were also super close)

First time I see this crash (the game is very stable on my system)

IYOWNw0lWz.png

Custom battle, 1931 Japan vs 1931 Spain

1xBB (4x3 16", 4x2 8", 6x3 6", however many x2 2" fit on pagoda and rear towers) vs 1xBB, 1xCA, 1xCL, 1xDD

Starting distance 26km. At 15km from the lighter enemy ships I had already been turning broadside and slightly away when "too many threads" hit.

Custom battle, 1931 Japan vs 1931 Britain

1xBB (4x3 16", 3x3 12", 4x3 12", however many x2 2" fit on pagoda and rear tower i) vs 1xBB, 1xBC

Starting distance 29km. At ~26km both sides were exchanging fire and closing distance. "Too many threads".

Had the too many threads error with the following battle:

Starting distance: 32 km

Austria:

1 BB, 1 CA, 4 DD (1930)

Italy:

2BB, 2CA, 2CL, 4DD (1932)

Error happened during the battlephase. Fleets were engaging each other from 20 kilometers out. Some secondary batteries started to open up on DDs and my DD squadron was placed under AI command with a screen order.

Edited by Tycondero

After experiencing the "too many threads" bug I have no longer been able to get into the game. Either it won't accept a new password or the user name is now wrong. How can I recover the correct user name. My account is registered under the e-mail above.

Thanks

11 hours ago, Larry said:

After experiencing the "too many threads" bug I have no longer been able to get into the game. Either it won't accept a new password or the user name is now wrong. How can I recover the correct user name. My account is registered under the e-mail above.

Thanks

I assume that the bug was experienced prior to Alpha-11 v83? Probably you just need to login again with your username (which should be the email you used for purchasing the game). If you don't remember your password, click the "Forgot your password?" on the launcher window and follow the steps to recover it.

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Thank you for responding. I have tried all that. It still gives me a log-in error.

The same thing happened to me. I changed my password but still had a log in error. The next day i tried and worked fine. So maybe there is a delay? Try again a later time to see if it works.

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Thank you for responding. I have tried all that. It still gives me a log-in error.

Admiral, could you please follow this guide and contact Xsolla support? If you can't find a solution with Xsolla, contact me instead: 

• 2 months later...

I encountered this once in A12 while loading into battle during one of the new missions, either "Pocket Battleship" or "Japanese Modernized Dreadnoughts". However it hasn't happened again since (including in the same mission, I was able to successfully complete it on a restart).

Edited by Evil4Zerggin

- Did it happen during battle or during fleet loading phase?

I was loading into the new "pocket battleship" mission after finishing my ship, which was the most modern heavy cruiser available with 3 10 inch triple guns.

- How many ships were involved in the battle e.g. (You 1xBB vs AI  1xBB, 1xBC, 2xCA etc.)

Unknown as I never made it into the battle, nor even saw the loading screen, just ship builder, but with the ship absent.

France (I think)

- Did you notice something else more helpful? (e.g. crash happened when certain ships fired their guns, or made a hard turn etc.)

nothing jumped out, but here's a screenshot of when it crashed to help anyways.

UPDATE AS I WROTE THIS:

The battle loaded in and is playing fine, but the error is still hanging in the background. I currently have it paused to see if I can figure anything out from here.

image.thumb.png.f7926e1ad747672646171bb5ea001c8d.png

• 4 weeks later...

- Did it happen during battle or fleet loading phase?

I was in the designer and noticed quite some significant fps drops and crashed during the loading phase.

- How many ships were involved?

If I recall correctly 2 BB's, 2 CA's, 1 CL and 2 DD's for both my side and enemy side.

I was playing as Germany and the enemy was America with both 1937 technology levels.

-Did you notice something else more helpful?

No, except for some huge fps drops I already mentioned earlier while designing the battleship.. I noticed them only when I would either pan around with the camera or add armor to belt, deck, belt extended, deck extended and conning tower.

• 2 months later...