Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

>>>Alpha-11 HotFix v84 Feedback<<< (1/4/2020)


Recommended Posts

Ok apparently this game loves bringing back old bugs. Does anyone remember when the turrets would go through the superstructure especially on the German ones. Well it's back. This morning was playing on my Thunderer (sue me) and I noticed that one of the super firing turrets did a 360 degree turn through the second superstructure. Now I don't know if it's because it is on a  barbette or what but still this bug needs to go away and die.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The new update offers more freedom in ship design and many new ships. Read everything about it in our blog: https://www.dreadnoughts.ultimateadmiral.com/post/alpha-11-arrived Your feedb

Ahh lets guu bois!!!! @Koogus @Marshall99 @HusariuS @Bluishdoor76 @Aceituna @IronKaputt @Skeksis @CapnAvont1015 @Tousansons @TotalRampage @Mindstrip @Gangut @SonicB @Shiki @Airzerg Soz for t

Admirals, This is not an April's fool joke. We just deployed a new update  which improves several features and fixes issues that you requested. Check the info. Restart your game client to start p

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, CapnAvont1015 said:

Ok apparently this game loves bringing back old bugs. Does anyone remember when the turrets would go through the superstructure especially on the German ones. Well it's back. This morning was playing on my Thunderer (sue me) and I noticed that one of the super firing turrets did a 360 degree turn through the second superstructure. Now I don't know if it's because it is on a  barbette or what but still this bug needs to go away and die.

Ye, dunno how that came back really lol. always wanted to know what makes code reintroduce old issues?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Ye, dunno how that came back really lol. always wanted to know what makes code reintroduce old issues?

Eh probably when they add the new turret models and stuff but hopefully it get's fixed in the hotfix.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CapnAvont1015 said:

Eh probably when they add the new turret models and stuff but hopefully it get's fixed in the hotfix.

Same and that echelon problem, i noticed the hull is missing some casemate slots and also im not sure if its long enough too do a proper echelon build on it, might be wrong however.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

do you mean like this?

1614865725-2021-03-04.jpg

or this?

1614865772-screen-1920x1080-2021-03-04-1

Both different ships, but same hull.

The second one, right here:

missing.png.b43f20c95861192e52bd67d5c9913641.png

You should be able to put a secondary right there, and the tower does have a hardpoint for it, but for whatever reason the gun's hitbox and the tower's hitbox overlap, preventing the placement of the gun; At least, that's what I'm guessing is happening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LazerHax said:

The second one, right here:

missing.png.b43f20c95861192e52bd67d5c9913641.png

You should be able to put a secondary right there, and the tower does have a hardpoint for it, but for whatever reason the gun's hitbox and the tower's hitbox overlap, preventing the placement of the gun; At least, that's what I'm guessing is happening.

Can't you place it there via ctrl at all? Oh is that the point just above the triple guns? if so yeah thats bugged atm, along with some other parts.

Hopefully it will get fixed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cptbarney said:

Can't you place it there via ctrl at all? Oh is that the point just above the triple guns? if so yeah thats bugged atm, along with some other parts.

Hopefully it will get fixed.

Using ctrl works, but it has to be offset to the side and I physically cannot bring myself to do that; And no, it's not above the triple guns, it's that spot on the deck below the turret in that pic, right in the center.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LazerHax said:

Using ctrl works, but it has to be offset to the side and I physically cannot bring myself to do that; And no, it's not above the triple guns, it's that spot on the deck below the turret in that pic, right in the center.

I see, guess the only thing we can do is point out the problem and hope it gets fixed. The devs have a lot to do sadly.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question, I saw an announcement for the latest update yesterday on Steam, but still no keys for Steam. I update the game from the Xsola link, but do we have an idea when the Steam keys will be issued?

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, here's random player experience from this version. Let's imagine i'm a stranger and just want to play a new for me game. Going for custom battle, Russia vs Germany, 1915 tech. Kind of what if both had comparable fleets in WW1?

Wanting to build a battlecruiser, i have whole two hulls to choose from. I pick a BC1 as smol and cheap one, and i have a plan for it.

Plan involves barbettes. But...

tGwXTWR.png

Why it does take a barbette in position where ships of this size really don't want a superfiring gun, but does NOT take it where they actually do need it?

But there's even more.

otKBRes.png

Why does this ship take a giant barbette almost the size of itself, but not the one actually fitting to it's size and intended guns?
I have questions.
Also, see these snap points on the stern? It's for secondary barbettes as it turns out. Why are they specifically attached to a barbette?
Why can't i place those secondary barbettes anywhere else?
Why they even exist then?

But, well. Moving forward. As BC1 is... questionable, let's switch to a  BC2, and see what it does.
EYLhCrm.png

Weird one to be honest, but ok. Also, boats boats BOATS! ^^

Next, I'll use the "best" tower model, as everything else has clearly inferior performance in every single aspect. There's no reason to use anything else, except if you're willing to sacrifice your design's actual usefulness just for looks. I know there are such people, but i'm not one of them.

ZZwuGDC.png

...and I have questions. There are snap points, but it doesn't fit.
Ok i've heard (or read in tips) about holding Shift for "free" placement. Trying shift, does nothing... Or it does?
60B0lb1.png

Oh it does. I have no idea why or how it fits HERE but not fits where snap points are, but okay. If you say it's fine, then it's fine i guess. Who needs physics anyway. I want to punch someone.
***upd*** apparently there was a hotfix and this particular curiosity is not a thing anymore. But now BC1 doesn't fit this tower in any position at all.***

Next, this..

l23XNiH.png

Doesn't feel particularly right, but acceptable, and definitely better than if it wasn't fitting anywhere at all forcing you to use inferior options, as it happens with main tower on BC1.

Now it's guns time!
t2ai8xe.pngAnd i have questions again.

It's 305mm twin, something you may expect on a 1915 capital ship in that position. There is snap point even! But, gun doesn't fit on snap point. It fits using Shift, but only facing sideways, and it clips through the forecastle extension deck. And it still works perfectly fine anyway. Just why.

Mkay. I'm getting tired of this great experience. Barbettes time?
5HrP3Jq.png
Except no barbettes for me it seems. Unless...

I click on a "locked" barbette and i see the magic unfold.

DIgv56d.png

It works! More so, there's no snap points and it still fits using shift! Is this it? The freedom we were crying for?

Nope.

It fits only in this specific spot.

More so

079cnE8.png

Still won't go where it ought to go.
I'm disappointed. But i should continue this to the end.

Secondaries. Choosing a 6" triple as.. well heresy, as typical russian mine defence guns were 12cm, but oh well. There's so much free deck space for lots of turrets!
luU3QGH.png

except not really. C'mon, i want a gun on that clearly intended gun platform! Not IN it!

EzSXWqM.pngAnd now i want a gun ON that deck, not floating above! What's happening!
btw, THIS is again seem to be caused by a barbette.
 

Afterwards i smack on all the tech of max available quality, manee bulkheads, 26cm belt and corresponding 1915-style armouring on it, and it goes 28 knots. Overall good, even if somewhat questionable and physics-defying, design.

3M0PnjP.pngAnd this is my battleship. Thanks AI. It's belt is 24cm, while 27.2 max displayed was conning tower.

To finish this rant(?) on a positive note, here's AI generated armoured cruiser which is actually good. Max bulkheads, too.Ve6kdB7.png

*   *   *
Overall, i still wouldn't call this s**t a good player experience, or a good ship designer. Just one single playsession and one single ship build, and so many questions and issues already.
Keep working, team, you have a lot to do.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for update... Yes, there does seem to be a case of 360 turret through superstructure again...

First thing I managed to make in the custom battles was an American Nelson of sorts. 15 guns... 16" iirc...

Thanks again.

Also, is there some way we can change the default image format for screenshots? I can't drag drop from screenshot folder directly, have to open in paint and save as... Bit annoying.

screen_1920x1080_2021-03-03_20-25-49.jpg

screen_1920x1080_2021-03-03_20-30-23.jpg

Edited by Adm.Hawklyn
Additions
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cpt.Hissy Guess they got a long road to go in fixing all of that, makes me wonder if they should have entire patches dedicated maybe to one aspect of the game, so it polished up more closely?

Maybe every 1-3 patches or something along those lines. The game has major potential and i want it too succeed in that regards.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the first and foremost thing that MUST be done with AI ship design - is hard-limit bulkheads on Battleships and Battlecruisers to "Standart" at least. Because otherwise AI will keep sacrificing them for more speed/guns and ending up with freaking glass cannons. Even ill-famed Sir Admiral Fisher wouldn't INTENTIONNALY create the capital ship bound to basically choke on water after only 1 or 2 hits without even proper E X P L O S I O N (*megumin voice on background*😆)
 

So basically, leave the slider, let the player goof around if he wants, but prohibit AI from doing that. While clown cars can be ridiculous yet oddly entertaining to watch - this particular shit just feels boring

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WiselessOwl said:

I think the first and foremost thing that MUST be done with AI ship design - is hard-limit bulkheads on Battleships and Battlecruisers to "Standart" at least. Because otherwise AI will keep sacrificing them for more speed/guns and ending up with freaking glass cannons. Even ill-famed Sir Admiral Fisher wouldn't INTENTIONNALY create the capital ship bound to basically choke on water after only 1 or 2 hits without even proper E X P L O S I O N (*megumin voice on background*😆)
 

So basically, leave the slider, let the player goof around if he wants, but prohibit AI from doing that. While clown cars can be ridiculous yet oddly entertaining to watch - this particular shit just feels boring

Theres, been suggestions to simply stop the AI using the ship designer altogether and then work on a modular system for players and allow players to design pre-designed ships for the AI too use.

Or another suggestion is to force the AI too use the current designer and develop a few modes for it (Historical, Alt-History, Mental) and then allow players to use a modular system (Limited, Half, Full).

Dunno if any of these suggestions would actually work. Maybe at somepoint nick could shed somelight on the subject, but it will be quite sometime however me thinks.

Would be bloody ecstatic if we got a modular system.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Theres, been suggestions to simply stop the AI using the ship designer altogether and then work on a modular system for players and allow players to design pre-designed ships for the AI too use.

Or another suggestion is to force the AI too use the current designer and develop a few modes for it (Historical, Alt-History, Mental) and then allow players to use a modular system (Limited, Half, Full).

Dunno if any of these suggestions would actually work. Maybe at somepoint nick could shed somelight on the subject, but it will be quite sometime however me thinks.

Would be bloody ecstatic if we got a modular system.

Well I consider the modular system "low probability scenario" as it would require a complete revamp of designer and I'm not sure devs can afford it at this point. So I try to think more about improving current system to make it more compelling.

P.S. Not that I won't be squeaking in joy like kancolle destroyer-chans if we ever actually got modular system lol😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, WiselessOwl said:

Well I consider the modular system "low probability scenario" as it would require a complete revamp of designer and I'm not sure devs can afford it at this point. So I try to think more about improving current system to make it more compelling.

P.S. Not that I won't be squeaking in joy like kancolle destroyer-chans if we ever actually got modular system lol😂

Given the current state of the designer (Which is improving, but still eons away from, well, being actually -done-) and the pace of developments I wonder how long this will take, if it ever sees the end of the tunnel that is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure if the negativity is justified. We know there is still a bit to improve but the additional flexibility is a step forward.

 

And I do like the new hulls and Queen Anne’s mansions 🙂

 

I made a fabulous Warspite 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

I am not sure if the negativity is justified

If they let the AI design woe’s carry it will reach into steam reviews. Wouldn’t it be better putting a halt to everything and run auto design fixes until it’s done and dusted, then move forwards.

Band-aiding isn’t working, the wow's aren't masking the woe's.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, it only makes sense to "teach" the AI how to use the designer if this iteration of the designer is the final version.  Otherwise, any time you change the designer you also have to start messing with the design AI too and it just creates a whole lot of work that may very well all get thrown out with the next designer revision.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very happy to see all the designer improvements and additions!

 

Specially little details, like, now, there are more secondary towers with slots for funnels, now the towers that include barbettes they have details on the barbettes in case you decide not to put turrets on them, so that they don't look awkward and empty... and the higher flexibility is really welcome!

 

I will be looking forward to more patches like this. Ship designer is 90% of the game to me ^^

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

screen_1920x1080_2021-03-04_12-01-30.thumb.png.f2c5fe5c51ac17f038e8e54212c0e985.pngSeems like underwater guns are caused by the hull not recognising guns being too far off? (see the 2 6" triples above the B quads, it was an accepted design according to the designer.

Also theres a weird bug with the new UK Modern(? i forgot the name the highest tech level one) where the mega funnel would fit/not fit depending on where the rear tower was placed. Ran out of attachment space, will upload images if required.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, all. Downloaded Alpha 11 and got a warning message about the launcher and did not see it because was on another tab and I was in the middle of another task and stupidly hit enter and did not read it. Now when I try to launch the game I get the error message "Another instance of Launcher client already exist!"

Can you tell me how I should launch the game now, please? 

I suppose I could just re-download it from Xsolla, but I updated the Alpha 8, 9, and 10 patches and the launcher/shortcuts were not affected.

Edited by NineOneFour
More info
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Alpha-11 HotFix v84 Feedback<<< (1/4/2020)
  • Nick Thomadis locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...