Game-Labs Forum

5 hours ago, HistoricalAccuracyMan said:

I'm glad to hear that more older era models will be coming eventually! Definitely can't wait to see those!

However, I'm curious @Nick Thomadis when will the next round of cruiser hulls/superstructures be released (such as the USS Brooklyn, USS Atlanta, IJN Takao/Myoko and other cruisers that sported unique layouts)? Or are those kinds of ships/superstructures not going to be seen for a while/if ever? Apologies for the extra ping

On the unique layouts i would prefer if the team built generic hulls (either with a stepped or flush hull) and through the use of barbette placement freedom, allow us to build such layouts. The integrated barbette and towers are quite restrictive and has been rather unpopular in the past.

• Like 6
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear Admirals, Our progress on the campaign and the first core patch is steady. Our team is also growing and is able to work faster and more effectively. Until we deliver our planned major patch,

Yay, wasnt expecting a patch before the first core patch. Very noice too see new british hulls but also the old ladies getting some appearance, hope we can see more in that department as well. Li

1. Currently each hull shape has some initial unique characteristics which affect several design aspects. If a hull has high freeboard, it is wide etc., it is represented in game stats in various ways

Posted Images

On 2/25/2021 at 3:50 AM, coalminer said:

On the unique layouts i would prefer if the team built generic hulls (either with a stepped or flush hull) and through the use of barbette placement freedom, allow us to build such layouts. The integrated barbette and towers are quite restrictive and has been rather unpopular in the past.

This! I feel a better option would have been to create a few generic hulls that could then be customised to approximate almost every historical design by adding more varied cosmetic elements and superstructure placement options.

This is opposed to the current approach where we are creating many exact replicas of very specific ships and then playing mix-and-match, allowing such themetic absurdities as a Yamato pagoda mast in front of a Richelieu aft superstructure.

• Like 5

I quite like this idea, although I'll note that having a specific gun model only available for a single nation (13" quads) seems like a concept not worth looking at.

While the very large BC hull is interesting, any chance we get some ship breaching 100k tons for the Royal Navy the patch after this one? Even with this improvement British battleships still decisively remain the lowest displacement of the major navies with Japanese and German designs being ones no British ship can match if both are designed competetively.

All in all though, I've been waiting for proper British hulls for a long time, so I'm happy to see those.

Edited by Maty83
  • Like 4

This fixes so much, I'll be testing it as soon as it comes out, if no major gamebreaking bugs appear this will be the biggest update yet. And it makes the game playable if not for the battles yet, just for the designer alone. Cant wait for design saving so I can start creating my fleet.