Game-Labs Forum

Error Updating the Game

Mc_Nugs

I just bought the game, I have downloaded the the launcher and installed the game. However when I open the game and try to "update" it, I get a very scary and long error, that looks like its asking me to close nearly if not all of the current background tasks. Including my Nvidia graphics card operations. I'm very lost and am not sure what to do. 

Edited by Mc_Nugs

On 1/23/2021 at 5:57 AM, Mc_Nugs said:

I just bought the game, I have downloaded the the launcher and installed the game. However when I open the game and try to "update" it, I get a very scary and long error, that looks like its asking me to close nearly if not all of the current background tasks. Including my Nvidia graphics card operations. I'm very lost and am not sure what to do. 

Greetings Admiral. Could you please be so kind and provide more details? Is the problem still there?

21 hours ago, Mc_Nugs said:

When I open the launcher and try to update the game so I can play, the update fails and I receive this error, asking me to close a number of background applications. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, IDK what else to do.

Admiral, please try to complete reinstall the game and also remove all temporary files:

1)Uninstall the game and launcher

2)open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R), then type: 

• %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\
  • delete the folder Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts if it is there

3)install the launcher again

If the problem persists, please open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R), then type: 

• %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\log
    • There will be log files from the launcher (e.g. 26.01.21.txt)
  • Please copy the latest log file and both screenshots, then contact Xsolla support team via live chat option (help.xsolla.com) or email (support@xsolla.com), describe your issue in details and attach both files.

Please keep us updated on the problem