Game-Labs Forum

>>>2021 Development plans<<<

Nick Thomadis

On 7/11/2021 at 10:04 AM, 1MajorKoenig said:

Howdy Folks - anyone knows when the next train arrives here? Haven’t heard a whole lot here recently?

Any Chance for a brief update?

Cheers

Not much has happened around here. Mostly people suggesting new stuff to add/be fixed.

A discussion about whether or not a map is needed for an RTS.

However, seperate options for propeller/shell charge explosives have been confirmed by Nick for the next patch, so maybe there's that.

Otherwise, not much else has happened.

• Like 3

On 7/11/2021 at 10:04 AM, 1MajorKoenig said:

Howdy Folks - anyone knows when the next train arrives here? Haven’t heard a whole lot here recently?

Any Chance for a brief update?

Cheers

Ye on top of what storm said, it seems they are going to be releasing a lot of stuff for the first core patch (these are meant to be big, big updates that change the game for good.).

Still wish they werent so vague on things, i get they worry about reactions but a few blog posts here and there wont hurt (like they did when they previewed miss Deutschland.).

Stuff like that is always nice too read.

But yeah very quiet here compared to peegee land where they seem to be dropping a lot of broken arrows on their game atm.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Aceituna said:

So roughly another seven years...

Well to be fair I could imagine that the first unpolished version of the Campaign is around the corner 

EDIT: and we already have a bit of crew which was supposed to come in Core 2 so I wouldn’t be surprised if they switched things around a bit 

Edited by 1MajorKoenig

On 10/26/2021 at 10:33 PM, 1MajorKoenig said:

Well to be fair I could imagine that the first unpolished version of the Campaign is around the corner

It was supposed to be announced "shortly after" this patch, if I remember correctly. As vague as that time frame was, it now certainly isn't "shortly after" anymore.

I'm honestly losing hope in seeing the campaign this year.

• Like 3

Posting the Roadmap is nice now you have to follow it up with "walk the Roadmap".

besides of course the campaign I really hope that the teams does something interesting with crews and officers.

RPG elements would at least for me be most welcome, thou I do admit I see that it could be a problem to have 4 officers per each of you 143 DD's... 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, T_the_ferret said:

So this roadmap and other announcements didn't age well. Oh well, into the pile of other things that they couldn't follow up on, like steam release, promised features or other roadmaps.

Yep! They decided to add crew from core patch 2, and we haven't even got core patch 1 yet 🤣.
These devs really cannot make up their mind or stick to what they've said.

• Like 2

Again very sad. I was hopping for a way better communications from the Devs. Last month they kept us inform about core .05 with a good communication. I was hopping that will continue. Since than, complete radio silence! No ETA for the core patch 1, when it will happen? this month, this year, when ? 

Once a week, they should let us know if they are alive! Just a picture of what to come, any thing!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, AdmER said:

Again very sad. I was hopping for a way better communications from the Devs. Last month they kept us inform about core .05 with a good communication. I was hopping that will continue. Since than, complete radio silence! No ETA for the core patch 1, when it will happen? this month, this year, when ? 

Once a week, they should let us know if they are alive! Just a picture of what to come, any thing!

well technically they told us that tall those 5 patches are suppose to come this year.

Thou I would be lying if I would say that I'm not skeptical.

2 months is not much time for 5 patches, even in more normal circumstances and the devs do struggle to keep schedule. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SiWi said:

well technically they told us that tall those 5 patches are suppose to come this year.

Thou I would be lying if I would say that I'm not skeptical.

2 months is not much time for 5 patches, even in more normal circumstances and the devs do struggle to keep schedule. 

Agreed ... and if they are struggling ..just let us know ... communication !

• Like 2

Plans change in game development but this wasn't something I entirely expected to happen in the course of a year. Too much too fast its pretty unrealistic for a small sized team with a few part timers, and from the track record they have who believed they would release so much in a year?

But on the core patch 0.5 dev post, someone posted a link to steam of a dev who recently responded which confirmed that the rest of the patch is under way. Although skeptical I really do hope we get the remaining half core patch by the end of the year. This should at the very least keep the player base satisfied for the time being.

But one thought I am having about the dev's is simply that they know they aren't providing what they promised, and don't respond to us because they know that we are all frustrated and will get ripped to shreads so they keep communication at a minimum.... If this is true then they've taken the worse possible course of action.

Although its also possible the only real feedback they listen to is people who purchased the game and use the report bug function, and if they do browse they only respond or react to a select few posts that are relevant to game function instead of criticism.

Edited by Noobito

They've absolutely reacted to player feedback. Nick specifically asked for feedback on the crew system. They got fewer than a dozen useful responses. If I were them, I'd take that into account, ditch the four patch plan, and simply put all my effort into delivering the entire campaign system at once. Then I'd sort it after, deal with bugs, and launch the Steam early access release.

Why bother wasting time talking when the players aren't interested in providing the information you request?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, killjoy1941 said:

They got fewer than a dozen useful responses.

Because crews worked really well, if it didn't feedback would have been plentifully, i.e. nothing really to complain about (just alittle bit of the unknown too, of how crews will work within the campaign). 

2 hours ago, killjoy1941 said:

and simply put all my effort into delivering the entire campaign system at once. Then I'd sort it after, deal with bugs,

And I like to think the current auto-design work wasn't coincidental but a result of feedback, pushed ahead of the campaign. 0.5 uncovered a few issues, most got fixed, probably got an extra week out of the team on fixes too, but overall clearing up a few issues first, per update, is still probably better than dropping the whole lot at once. Better to stabilize some things first (or get more stable!) before the full campaign, even stepping the campaign through limited drafts first. 

The campaign draft will up the ante on feedback anyway, feedback Dev's can use. 

Edited by Skeksis

5 hours ago, killjoy1941 said:

They've absolutely reacted to player feedback. Nick specifically asked for feedback on the crew system. They got fewer than a dozen useful responses. If I were them, I'd take that into account, ditch the four patch plan, and simply put all my effort into delivering the entire campaign system at once. Then I'd sort it after, deal with bugs, and launch the Steam early access release.

Why bother wasting time talking when the players aren't interested in providing the information you request?

Who would have thought a frustrated community getting no info and only being asked things or talked to when it specifically caters to the devs vision and for nothing else would not be willing to provide tons of useful feedback

It boggles the mind that an unhealthy community nurtured by the devs attitude would not help said devs

• Like 3