Game-Labs Forum

>>>2021 Development plans<<<

Nick Thomadis

Hello admirals,

Despite the difficulties of 2020, which have affected everyone’s life as well as the game’s development, we continued to provide several updates and significantly improved the game. We deeply hope that Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts has already become a game that you enjoy and thank you for your ongoing and precious feedback that we so much appreciate.

We want to assure you that we acknowledge all your concerns and suggestions and today we would like to inform you about what are our definite plans for the next patches that are going to be delivered within 2021.

We will continue to monitor your feedback and hotfix anything necessary that you report. The next major updates are organized as follows:

• Core patch 1 - Core of campaign including Custom Battle saves 
  • Core patch 2 - Crew and officers
  • Core patch 3 - R&D and Tech Progression 
  • Core patch 4 - New nations and map expansion

The first short campaign version of the game will be playable for two nations (British Empire, German Empire) and will expand with content in every next core patch.

Patches 1-3 will be made based on a campaign map covering the North Sea and will feature the conflict between Great Britain and Germany. New ships, new game features will be offered as the game shapes up around this first playable campaign. 

The Steam Early Access version of the game will become available upon the finalization and polish of Core Patch 3.

In Core Patch 4 and onwards we shall progressively add new playable nations and expand the map until we fully cover the campaign with everything needed.

We cannot promise a specific date of arrival for those next major updates but we confirm as above their flow of delivery within 2021. Furthermore, we confirm the allocation of another dedicated programmer who will focus solely on needed improvements for the ship design system.

Thank you all for reading. We will get back to you with specific information about the next big update of Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts!

The Game-Labs Team

• Like 42
  • Thanks 3

Well, it's beautiful to hear at least some news about the campaing although to me it resembles the news we received last summer (about campaing until December) so I am not that hyped anymore.

Edited by Aceituna
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

@Nick Thomadis Oh yeah nick, are you allowed to tell us what time period the campaign is set in? So for example between 1890-1915 or the full 50-60 years.

We will tell more details as soon as they are defined permanently. Currently we revamp most things about the campaign, replacing everything working previously in barebones mode.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

@Nick Thomadis Oh yeah nick, are you allowed to tell us what time period the campaign is set in? So for example between 1890-1915 or the full 50-60 years.

For me there are two ways the German vs Britain campaign can go. The first is if you the player fail to keep British ships from taking to much territory and loss to many ships the British will invade Germany and the ending of the campaign will be the fall of the German Empire. Now the other thing is, if you manage to keep the British from taking your territory and absolutely slaughter them and push them back to Great Britain and the German Forces invade them you win and to German Empire continues and until other Nations comes out that you have to fight.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Cpt.Hissy said:

i will be first one to ask
What about ship designer?

Well since we need to wait three patches for R&D to unlock I'm guessing it's gonna be static in the designer until we get tech progression

Edited by Tankaxe

including Custom Battle saves 

Yay 😄 

Nice informative roadmap, we appreciate it very much. 

who will focus solely on needed improvements for the ship design system

I wonder what kind of improvements this actually refers too, could be many things, very interesting (not going to speculate though!).

Edited by Skeksis

The long awaited roadmap is here \o/

I'm curious to see how naval dominance will influence a war between two nation and how "victory objectives" will be set.

I'm also sad that we'll need to wait more before being able to save design in custom battles.

Good luck with 2021.

7 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

The next major updates are organized as follows:

• Core patch 1 - Core of campaign including Custom Battle saves 
  • Core patch 2 - Crew and officers
  • Core patch 3 - R&D and Tech Progression 

This is amazing! An excellent plan and a good way up slize the work! North Sea Campaign - I LOVE it!!

7 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Furthermore, we confirm the allocation of another dedicated programmer who will focus solely on needed improvements for the ship design system.

And that is even more amazing!!!!

Wooohoooo can’t wait! 

• Like 3

I like that a lot, I also have a sugestion, the forum is really dead, which mwans that the interest in the game is very very low. Naybe you should reach out to some youtubers 

(benjamun magnus, deachinifel etc.) to promote the project a little. Not necessarily now, since there is not a lot to do, but at the end on 2021 before Christmas. It would bring in some fresh ideas and clear minds to the community. 

I like the roadmap, and especialy the increase in feedback coming and going from the dev team. Hyped for crew and designer improvements. Have a great year lads. 

• Like 2

On 1/21/2021 at 12:59 PM, Nick Thomadis said:

Furthermore, we confirm the allocation of another dedicated programmer who will focus solely on needed improvements for the ship design system.

Thank you! Thankyouthankyouthankyou 😍

I look forward to seeing more detail about the designer improvements once your new programmer has got settled in, but for now this news is very good news.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, DerRichtigeArzt said:

I like that a lot, I also have a sugestion, the forum is really dead, which mwans that the interest in the game is very very low. Naybe you should reach out to some youtubers 

(benjamun magnus, deachinifel etc.) to promote the project a little. Not necessarily now, since there is not a lot to do, but at the end on 2021 before Christmas. It would bring in some fresh ideas and clear minds to the community. 

I like the roadmap, and especialy the increase in feedback coming and going from the dev team. Hyped for crew and designer improvements. Have a great year lads. 

Drach did a couple UA:D videos early last year around Alpha-5, most of which (iirc) consisted of "can we recreate (x) historical ship? Not really, no."

He's one of my favourite youtube historians, so perhaps it would be good to get him back again once the ship designer has been significantly improved. Give the update a bit of public fanfare.

• Like 3