Game-Labs Forum

Another instance of launcher client already exist! ultimate admiral: dreadnoughts installation

airtechie

I down loaded the launcher with it will not run.  Every time I try to run it I get the 

Another instance of launcher client already exist!

I have gone into tasks and killed the session and even attempted to reinstall the launcher but it does not seem to want to work.

Ideas please.

4 hours ago, airtechie said:

I down loaded the launcher with it will not run.  Every time I try to run it I get the 

Another instance of launcher client already exist!

I have gone into tasks and killed the session and even attempted to reinstall the launcher but it does not seem to want to work.

Ideas please.

Greetings Admiral. Could you please clarify if you ended “launcher” process in the task manager?

Is the problem still there?

6 hours ago, Ink said:

Greetings Admiral. Could you please clarify if you ended “launcher” process in the task manager?

Is the problem still there?

I open the task manager (Control, Alt, Delete) select the launcher task right click on it and end the task.   Yes the problem is still there.

On 1/15/2021 at 6:00 PM, airtechie said:

I open the task manager (Control, Alt, Delete) select the launcher task right click on it and end the task.   Yes the problem is still there.

Admiral, please try to complete reinstall the game and also remove all temporary files:

1)Uninstall the game and launcher

2)open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R), then type: 

• %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\
  • delete the folder Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts if it is there

3)install the launcher again

Best Regards,

Ink

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem as airtechie and its seems that the solution you have proposed hasn't worked just to add to what he said though, I believe this happened because I dragged original launcher out of the files and put it on my desktop and then created a short-cut to open it. And it only gave me this message when I tried to start the app the second time

17 hours ago, Bismark said:

I have the same problem as airtechie and its seems that the solution you have proposed hasn't worked just to add to what he said though, I believe this happened because I dragged original launcher out of the files and put it on my desktop and then created a short-cut to open it. And it only gave me this message when I tried to start the app the second time

Greetings Admiral! Could you please clarify if you tried to completely reinstall the launcher as was provided here:

On 1/18/2021 at 7:31 PM, Ink said:

Admiral, please try to complete reinstall the game and also remove all temporary files:

1)Uninstall the game and launcher

2)open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R), then type: 

• %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\
  • delete the folder Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts if it is there

3)install the launcher again

Best Regards,

Ink