Game-Labs Forum

>>>Alpha-9 Feedback<<<

Nick Thomadis

Just now, Cptbarney said:

It will probs be like that, but i still reckon that a rule the waves type thing would be the most likely thing. Although they did something similar to that in age of sails, but you actually got to control the troops however for a bit.

Atm i think they should focus on the important things like, getting the core mechanics done to a decent standard and some quality of life improvements before we move onto the campaign too be honest.

Oh yeah definitely. Once they get all the designer problems and core mechanics out of the way then we can move on to the more fun and interesting stuff........like camouflages.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Aceituna said:

May you give post a source for this? I never heard something like that. I think that the only source of confirmed information is the ,,Playing modes section'' on the website. Which says this: you will not directly control events on land. So where did you get that the land warfare will be almost non-existent and will be limited for costal regions? In my opinion the land warfare can't work like this because the campaing will contain all the nations of the time (so even the landlocked ones).

Oh shit my bad sorry dude, I wanted to say "I think it will be" instead of simple "will", sorry my bad :(

13 hours ago, Fishyfish said:

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. Yep. Already bored of this patch, no longer playing it, don't have anything useful to contribute, know better that to excessively fishpost. Well, see ya in alpha 10. 

One of problems I have with the game that makes me not play more is how the Naval Academy is set up. You have to play every single mission to unlock more. At first this doesn't seem like a problem but if you keep failing at mission and want to play another one you can't until you beat that mission. Another problem is that if download the game to another computer with same account none of the missions save which means you have to start all over. Now I guess the Devs wants this to be a show of progression but after awhile it gets annoying. The way I would have it set up is have all the missions unlocked but separate the tutorial like missions from regular so it can give the player the option of playing the tutorial or just get into the regular missions. Another change is that if you download the game on a different computer with the same account make it so your progress carries over to the other computer. If they make the Naval Academy like this I would play the game a lot more.

2 hours ago, CapnAvont1015 said:

One of problems I have with the game that makes me not play more is how the Naval Academy is set up. You have to play every single mission to unlock more. At first this doesn't seem like a problem but if you keep failing at mission and want to play another one you can't until you beat that mission. Another problem is that if download the game to another computer with same account none of the missions save which means you have to start all over. Now I guess the Devs wants this to be a show of progression but after awhile it gets annoying. The way I would have it set up is have all the missions unlocked but separate the tutorial like missions from regular so it can give the player the option of playing the tutorial or just get into the regular missions. Another change is that if you download the game on a different computer with the same account make it so your progress carries over to the other computer. If they make the Naval Academy like this I would play the game a lot more.

Really? I can access every mission despite only beating like 17 or 20 or so of them. I've tried and played every one but they tend not to interest me or cause me to feel accomplished in any way so I often just bail on them before too long. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fishyfish said:

Really? I can access every mission despite only beating like 17 or 20 or so of them. I've tried and played every one but they tend not to interest me or cause me to feel accomplished in any way so I often just bail on them before too long. 

Well maybe it's something wrong with my game so I might need to repair it. But the fact I had to start all over when I play the game on a new computer is just annoying.

Ok I got a question. Now I don't know if this just me or what but does anyone else have it where torpedo's aren't detected at all until they're unavoidable ? Like the detected sign does not show up at all and it doesn't show up in the report log. Just today I got hit by a set of torpedo's that were undetected until they were right against my ship and I had Sonar II and Radar II equipped and they weren't oxygen torps either, they were standard one's and they still didn't show up. I reckon this might be a bug but I don't know. Does anyone else have this problem?

4 hours ago, CapnAvont1015 said:

Ok I got a question. Now I don't know if this just me or what but does anyone else have it where torpedo's aren't detected at all until they're unavoidable ? Like the detected sign does not show up at all and it doesn't show up in the report log. Just today I got hit by a set of torpedo's that were undetected until they were right against my ship and I had Sonar II and Radar II equipped and they weren't oxygen torps either, they were standard one's and they still didn't show up. I reckon this might be a bug but I don't know. Does anyone else have this problem?

I had it happen to me but thought I might not be paying attention. Had sonar on mine too. So may need to test and grab some screens. 

6 minutes ago, madham82 said:

I had it happen to me but thought I might not be paying attention. Had sonar on mine too. So may need to test and grab some screens. 

I think it might be a glitch because for me the direction the torpedo's came I was looking that direction and never got a notification.

Haven't seen that torpedo mark for a while either. But i don't look for it. Actually, manoeuvring often helps with not being struck on capital ships, and (cheaty-cheaty) I sometimes just randomly spot them while moving the camera to the targets.
have no troubles with torpedoes, except maybe that they come in stupid numbers, but that may be "realistic" considering they have so few targets to launch fishes at.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cpt.Hissy said:

Haven't seen that torpedo mark for a while either. But i don't look for it. Actually, manoeuvring often helps with not being struck on capital ships, and (cheaty-cheaty) I sometimes just randomly spot them while moving the camera to the targets.
have no troubles with torpedoes, except maybe that they come in stupid numbers, but that may be "realistic" considering they have so few targets to launch fishes at.

Oh yeah maneuvering especially in BBs is very important and helpful. Even the slightest maneuver can cause enemy torpedo's to miss. As for the cheaty-cheaty part....let us have this mate at least until they have some type of radar screen. Most of the time if your smart and predict the enemy you can dodge torps easily. Except for the glitch I mentioned earlier and as you said in a stupid large amount. (EvEn ThOUgh I DodGed LiKe TwEnTy yEsTErDay BuT WhatEvEr.)

On 12/3/2020 at 7:34 PM, Fishyfish said:

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. Yep. Already bored of this patch, nolonger playing it, don't have anything useful to contribute, know better that to excessively fishpost. Well, see ya in alpha 10. 

Again, it is because of the very limiting ship designer. It's the same thing every time. You can't get creative while still being reasonable. It's either 3 or 4 turrets with the same secondary or going ham on the jam, crank every slider up to 11 and make some unsinkable bullship ( get it? ). The fact that AI still build insane ships like... I tried a 1904 RUS vs JAPN and the enemy heavy CRUISER has a larger gun caliber than the BB ?! and we can't change how they are designed is just not fun to play. I know it's being worked on with the campaign but I think that was a mistake. It should have came with the custom battle from the beginning.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DerRichtigeArzt said:

Just let the devs work, we want rtw2 lvl complexity with good graphics? Well, that takes time, we should judge the pace of progress after campaign is released and relatively stable. The only thing we should be mad about is lack of communication between us and devs. 

Seriously if the Devs just communicated with us that would make the wait so much less boring. It doesn't even need to be a daily thing just once every week or two weeks, we get a small Dev blog and a single picture of what they have so far. That is all it has to be.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CapnAvont1015 said:

Seriously if the Devs just communicated with us that would make the wait so much less boring. It doesn't even need to be a daily thing just once every week or two weeks, we get a small Dev blog and a single picture of what they have so far. That is all it has to be.

Ye, and it also means more frequent checks to the forums, as you will know that another post will be up the following week or few days.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Ye, and it also means more frequent checks to the forums, as you will know that another post will be up the following week or few days.

Aye gives me a reason to get out of bed. I reckon the reason they don't do it is because they don't want to spoil to much of it. But there is a line between spoiling and making us feel like nothing is happening.

Ok I have a request. In the next patch can we change the damage system for Divisions. If you are traveling in a Division and the leading ship gets damaged with flooding and all that the game takes away control of that ship from gives control of the one behind it. I don't like this because the previous leading ship will start to run and screw up the whole battle line. PLEASE GET RID OF THAT FUNCTION!

26 minutes ago, CapnAvont1015 said:

Ok I have a request. In the next patch can we change the damage system for Divisions. If you are traveling in a Division and the leading ship gets damaged with flooding and all that the game takes away control of that ship from gives control of the one behind it. I don't like this because the previous leading ship will start to run and screw up the whole battle line. PLEASE GET RID OF THAT FUNCTION!

IMO, that ship should just detach from the div and be in one by itself.