Game-Labs Forum

>>>Alpha-9 Feedback<<<

Nick Thomadis

4 hours ago, Skeksis said:

Also Dev's with the new right click to expand division cards then shouldn't this be echo for the top enemy cards/icons? to keep the UI consistent. 

They do. Trouble is you need to left click somewhere else for the cards to expand i.e. it's not immediate as it is with your own cards.

On 11/18/2020 at 3:59 AM, HusariuS said:

Not really a good idea.

First of all: There are crew members that have a job of spotting shit around the ship, but in the end it's yours job as a captain and a player to keep an eye on them and make a correct decision.

Second: IIRC this game is supposed to be realistic more or less not some arcade game like World of Warships were you have everything possible information from either the game or "legal" mods to "help" you.

Third: If in the future we will have difficulty level, it wouldn't be that bad idea to add markers like that in lower difficulty levels.

I know for a fact exactly this discussion came up when the 'warning triangle' was introduced because I pointed out having the triangle disappear meant practically you'd lost them unless you happen to have been looking at the right part of the screen at the right time.

The simple fact is it's MORE realistic to have them permanently marked until such time as a functional plot is introduced.

I'll repeat what I suggested those many months back (might even have been late last year):

1. Have the "XTZ ship sights enemy torpedoes" message in the battle log be in BOLD, RED TEXT so it's VERY clear.

2. Have the message remain in the log for however long those torpedoes remain within the torpedo detection range of ANY of your ships.

3. Make it so double clicking on it results in the screen jumping to where the torps are NOW (at least one of your ships can see them, remember) as a good way of simulating the fact that someone is going to be watching them closely.

Doing so would allow a decent means of simulating the fact there's no way any ship's command staff is going to forget where hostile torpedoes are yet also avoid having what I agree would be rather ugly graphics on the screen.

The screen doesn't have ugly triangles rushing all over the screen. WE have an effective means of going back to wherever any enemy torps that are still visible to any ship of ours may be at the time, just as it ought to be.

Seems a pretty good solution in the absence of anything else.

What do you think?

I made EXACTLY all these points when it was introduced. Nothing has changed, so I regard them as just as applicable now as then.

I also expect repeating myself will achieve pretty much exactly what it did when I raised this the first time, LOL.

Cheers

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, Steeltrap said:

I know for a fact exactly this discussion came up when the 'warning triangle' was introduced because I pointed out having the triangle disappear meant practically you'd lost them unless you happen to have been looking at the right part of the screen at the right time.

The simple fact is it's MORE realistic to have them permanently marked until such time as a functional plot is introduced.

I'll repeat what I suggested those many months back (might even have been late last year):

1. Have the "XTZ ship sights enemy torpedoes" message in the battle log be in BOLD, RED TEXT so it's VERY clear.

2. Have the message remain in the log for however long those torpedoes remain within the torpedo detection range of ANY of your ships.

3. Make it so double clicking on it results in the screen jumping to where the torps are NOW (at least one of your ships can see them, remember) as a good way of simulating the fact that someone is going to be watching them closely.

Doing so would allow a decent means of simulating the fact there's no way any ship's command staff is going to forget where hostile torpedoes are yet also avoid having what I agree would be rather ugly graphics on the screen.

The screen doesn't have ugly triangles rushing all over the screen. WE have an effective means of going back to wherever any enemy torps that are still visible to any ship of ours may be at the time, just as it ought to be.

Seems a pretty good solution in the absence of anything else.

What do you think?

I made EXACTLY all these points when it was introduced. Nothing has changed, so I regard them as just as applicable now as then.

I also expect repeating myself will achieve pretty much exactly what it did when I raised this the first time, LOL.

Cheers

Good idea, will probably not be implemented unless we bitch only about it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steeltrap said:

They do. Trouble is you need to left click somewhere else for the cards to expand i.e. it's not immediate as it is with your own cards.

They should make it consistent and have the same way to open your own cards as well as the enemies.

Also building on the torpedo thing as it gets closer maybe co-ordinates and bearing could be displayed in fat red writing? Plus for immersion which ship and maybe whatever crew member spotted it.

Maybe the text could glow or flash slowly for awhile, and the ability to make the text bigger as well (if its not already a feature) or smaller for ease of use, could also do with more filters on the real time report as well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

what data panel are you referring to, is it the top right one with their armor, weapons and other info, plus the image of the ship? Because if you are then, you do know you can click on the ship and the window will remain after you move your cursor away from said ship....

again, is it this info panel you are referring to?

No it's the one on the other side of the screen that breaks down your accuracy. Only easy way to get to it I have found is to zoom to the enemy ship, click the friendly ship icon card then put the mouse over the enemy ship to see the accuracy stats. Not intuitive at all. Would make more sense to have a lock toggle or something.

N3/G3 Hull seems bugged. All barbettes and Turrets float above the deck as shown in the picture. I have experimented with other turrets and barbettes this seems to be the case for all of them. Also, Very tall superimposed Barbette is actually shorter than Tall Superimposed Barbette. Tall superimposed Barbette costs more as well, maybe accidental name switch?

Dreadnoughts bug report.png

Hello Admirals,

We have just deployed a small update including the following:

*HOTFIX v78*
- Fixed issues with Richelieu hull that caused gun clipping.
- Fixed some reported problems of barbettes & guns.
- Fixed floating parts issue caused by bug reporter.
- Fixed Hood towers' gun issues.
- Added forward barbette slots to Richelieu hull (as requested).
- Fixed a bug of formations that could cause a game error.
- Fixed issue with formations, that could cause rear ships to collide with the front. Deceleration/Acceleration aspects of ships were part of the reason and were balanced accordingly.
- Improved auto-design so that AI ships have more protection and barbettes on average.
- Improved shell dispersion. As ships approach each other the shells should deviate more naturally.

Enjoy!
The Game-Labs Team

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, madham82 said:

No it's the one on the other side of the screen that breaks down your accuracy. Only easy way to get to it I have found is to zoom to the enemy ship, click the friendly ship icon card then put the mouse over the enemy ship to see the accuracy stats. Not intuitive at all. Would make more sense to have a lock toggle or something.

Oh that one, yeah that one you have to hold the cursor over the target, its because it gives you the info of your likelihood to hit the spot your cursor is at. I can see how that's annoying, but I hardly use the accuracy info panel as I am far more worried about the status of my ships and the enemy ships. Don't really see a need to keep tabs on hit chances when when in the fight, as my ships seem to be able to hit enemies just fine most of the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

Oh that one, yeah that one you have to hold the cursor over the target, its because it gives you the info of your likelihood to hit the spot your cursor is at. I can see how that's annoying, but I hardly use the accuracy info panel as I am far more worried about the status of my ships and the enemy ships. Don't really see a need to keep tabs on hit chances when when in the fight, as my ships seem to be able to hit enemies just fine most of the time.

Plus we can't actively change the accuracy of the ships unless we move in closer,.

At least we got some fixes doe.

• Like 2

Ok I have a question for the campaign. Is it possible for another Nation to invade yours with out knowing? Because I reckon the world map is going to be a replica of the real world so countries like France and Germany will be connected and the Nazi's invaded France and took it over fairly quickly therefore almost knocking out the entire French Navy. Since the game said you have no control over land operations you won't know wait the other Nation army is planning. I just want to know if the Nations navy ill be knocked out if the your Nation is takin over.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CapnAvont1015 said:

Ok I have a question for the campaign. Is it possible for another Nation to invade yours with out knowing? Because I reckon the world map is going to be a replica of the real world so countries like France and Germany will be connected and the Nazi's invaded France and took it over fairly quickly therefore almost knocking out the entire French Navy. Since the game said you have no control over land operations you won't know wait the other Nation army is planning. I just want to know if the Nations navy ill be knocked out if the your Nation is takin over.

Another thing about the campaign I'm interested in is how is it gonna deal with the nations that drastically changed during its time frame. Germany went from the German Empire, to the Weimar Republic to Nazi Germany in the span of 20 years, and then you have the Russians who went from the Russian Empire to the Soviet union, and finally China who basically ceased to exist as the Chinese Empire to several different states and the dynasty falling under Japanese rule in Manchukuo.

Honestly very curious as to how the politics and ideologies will work in the campaign, should be very interesting.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

36 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Plus we can't actively change the accuracy of the ships unless we move in closer,.

At least we got some fixes doe.

You aren't interested in what is impacting your accuracy? Like seeing the impact of your ship's stability, speed, maneuvering, etc...? 

I think it has a bigger use right now for finding bugs and balance issues. That info tab is how we all discovered the magic speed penalty and the maneuvering penalty based on rudder position. I'm not saying this is a critical change needed (why I had never thought to bring it up), but it would be a big QoL improvement.

Just now, madham82 said:

You aren't interested in what is impacting your accuracy? Like seeing the impact of your ship's stability, speed, maneuvering, etc...? 

I think it has a bigger use right now for finding bugs and balance issues. That info tab is how we all discovered the magic speed penalty and the maneuvering penalty based on rudder position. I'm not saying this is a critical change needed (why I had never thought to bring it up), but it would be a big QoL improvement.

Its more like I dont find it as useful as lets say knowing what enemy ship has taken the most damage, what ship is the biggest threat to my fleet, how much more damage my ships can endure and should I fall back since one or 2 of my ships are taking far too much fire.

Is the accuracy debuffs a bit much yeah, but in the game at least for me they havent been the deciding factor so I havent expressed much interest in them, should be fixed yeah but its not a high priority unlike the designer and the armor schemes.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

Its more like I dont find it as useful as lets say knowing what enemy ship has taken the most damage, what ship is the biggest threat to my fleet, how much more damage my ships can endure and should I fall back since one or 2 of my ships are taking far too much fire.

Is the accuracy debuffs a bit much yeah, but in the game at least for me they havent been the deciding factor so I havent expressed much interest in them, should be fixed yeah but its not a high priority unlike the designer and the armor schemes.

I agree with that. 

12 hours ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

Another thing about the campaign I'm interested in is how is it gonna deal with the nations that drastically changed during its time frame. Germany went from the German Empire, to the Weimar Republic to Nazi Germany in the span of 20 years, and then you have the Russians who went from the Russian Empire to the Soviet union, and finally China who basically ceased to exist as the Chinese Empire to several different states and the dynasty falling under Japanese rule in Manchukuo.

Honestly very curious as to how the politics and ideologies will work in the campaign, should be very interesting.

I think the system will be very much simplified. It will likely not be much different compared to RTW. The nation you start with will stay as is, but develop over time partially by your actions. You can probably only take and fight over territory outside your country (Imperialism). Perhaps you can win a war by occupying some home territories, which will reward you with land outside the main territory or some prestige or even interned ships. 

That said, I know as much as you, but judging from what I could read on this topic I would be very much surprised if this game would come up with a deeper geopolitical layer than RTW.

Edited by Tycondero

Played a couple of custom and academy missions and have some things I noticed due to the changes made in this patch.

I have the impression ships really do not sink so fast anymore. Perhaps this is also due to the fact that the AI designed ships come with more bulkheads now, but I also have the impression that flooding is very quickly handled if penetrating hits cause flooding. Also some smaller (e.g. CA, CL and DD) ships can take quite a beating, even by capital ship sized guns. They are not damaged as much. When designing DDs I also noticed that even though flooding was occasionally caused by incoming fire, the flooding was quickly solved and rarely caused permanent flooded compartments. 

Hits cause more extensive damage to the superstructure. I noticed that my BBs structure rating goes down rather quickly due to incoming fire. This is better than before, as the superstructure hardly ever caused a sinking and ships sunk more due to flooding than anything else. However, for BBs it feels a bit too much. BBs are big targets and already more easy to hit.

AI torpedo avoidance works much better. Both for full AI control and division AI controlled ships, the AI responds and reacts much better than before to incoming torpedoes. I saw ships passing right between spread out torpedoes, that would have hit them for sure before this patch. Well done here!

Some feedback on the AI division roles (e.g. Screen/Scout etc). It would be great if we could add an aggressiveness initiative control setting to a division. That way we could order DDs to move in and attack for instance or stay close to the ship they should screen for.

Also it would be great if we could specify the location of scout and screen divisions relative to the scout or screen target division. I would like to set DDs to screen in front of the division or to the rear. Especially for larger fleets. I think these control settings for fleet formations are a must. 

Edited by Tycondero
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Hello Admirals,

We have just deployed a small update including the following:

*HOTFIX v78*
- Fixed issues with Richelieu hull that caused gun clipping.
- Fixed some reported problems of barbettes & guns.
- Fixed floating parts issue caused by bug reporter.
- Fixed Hood towers' gun issues.
- Added forward barbette slots to Richelieu hull (as requested).
- Fixed a bug of formations that could cause a game error.
- Fixed issue with formations, that could cause rear ships to collide with the front. Deceleration/Acceleration aspects of ships were part of the reason and were balanced accordingly.
- Improved auto-design so that AI ships have more protection and barbettes on average.
- Improved shell dispersion. As ships approach each other the shells should deviate more naturally.

Enjoy!
The Game-Labs Team

First thing I had to do was log on and check Hood towers. Thank you!

However they are not fixed. On Battlecruiser V hull, the portside casemates on Modern Tower V, the forward casemates on Modern Tower IV and all the casemates on Modern Tower III and Modern Sec Tower II and III still do not work correctly with 4" guns.

None of them work with 5" single guns which were the actual weapons used.

Additionally the arc of fire is not complete as the 5" guns could aim directly forward/aft.

Would it not make more sense to just use 2"-5" casemate weapons with the proper firing arcs rather than treating these mounts as secondary turrets?

Edited by SonicB
  • Like 1

Currently the UK does not have a Super BB hull, unlike the other major naval powers represented in the game (even the French have them!). Yes the UK has the N3/G3 hull, but that only goes up to 61kt, while Germany, France(!), USA and Japan have 100kt+ hulls, even their 'normal' BB hulls go up to a higher displacement.

In fact, after going through them thoroughly, the UK has the smallest possible Max BB displacement at 61kt, even Spain, China, Austro-Hungary and Italy have BB hulls with higher displacement allowance

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Donluca95 said:

Any damn NEWS of the CAMPAIGN ?!?

It's almost Christmas boys. . . . . . . . . . . .

m8 it aint comming this year. if it came out and was shit people would loose thier minds. its better to wait for a good implementation, than to allow the unwashed masses to place thier dirty little fingers on a fragile and unfinished product.

I have 90% of 50% of the confidence that the devs will pull through and deliver an awesome product.

15 hours ago, Cdodders said:

Currently the UK does not have a Super BB hull, unlike the other major naval powers represented in the game (even the French have them!). Yes the UK has the N3/G3 hull, but that only goes up to 61kt, while Germany, France(!), USA and Japan have 100kt+ hulls, even their 'normal' BB hulls go up to a higher displacement.

In fact, after going through them thoroughly, the UK has the smallest possible Max BB displacement at 61kt, even Spain, China, Austro-Hungary and Italy have BB hulls with higher displacement allowance

Yeah the British has the smallest BBs displacement but I get the feeling that N3/G3 hull is not the final hull for the 1940s British ships. Probably when the campaign update comes out or after it they will add modern British hulls such as H.M.S King George The Fifth hull and towers or H.M.S Vanguard hull and towers. But we'll have to wait and see what they have planned.

23 minutes ago, CapnAvont1015 said:

Yeah the British has the smallest BBs displacement but I get the feeling that N3/G3 hull is not the final hull for the 1940s British ships. Probably when the campaign update comes out or after it they will add modern British hulls such as H.M.S King George The Fifth hull and towers or H.M.S Vanguard hull and towers. But we'll have to wait and see what they have planned.

Most likely to be the Lion class (think improved, 16" armed KGV) if we're going with the 'what-if' hulls. Final version was about 47,000t, but the 1944 design was the largest British battleship ever designed at about 70,000t.

• Like 2

I continue to have "port/starboard weight offset" discrepancies of several % when placing mirrored casement guns. 

Also as I continue to play through missions I find AI pathing to be reallly bad still. Especially when the battle line is given a drastic maneuver order, the divisions in scout/screen/follow tend to lose their minds and cause major traffic jams.  

Edited by Fishyfish
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Fishyfish said:

I continue to have "port/starboard weight offset" discrepancies of several % when placing mirrored casement guns. 

Also as I continue to play through missions I find AI pathing to be really bad still. Especially when the battle line is given a drastic maneuver order, the divisions in scout/screen/follow tend to lose their minds and cause major traffic jams.  

I have a question. Does the AI run away when the enemy has more ships than you? Because the other day was fighting a fleet that had more ships than me and my fleet turn around and ran despite having them on screen and follow.