Game-Labs Forum

>>>Alpha-9 Feedback<<<

Nick Thomadis

12 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

This is a feature that is in our backlog. We cannot offer full freedom as it would be not realistic to add barbettes where machinery could be placed or far ahead in the bow/stern of the ship, were practically it would be impossible. But something, could be done for an improvement in the future. We can first allow more slots in practical places (Which is the most efficient method, for the player too).

In this update, you will notice already several improvements in various hulls and more placeholders for barbettes or guns.

How about a few spots for barbettes amidship as seen on such warships like the Bretagne Class Battleships and the Fuso Class just to name a few?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Nick Thomadis said:

This is a feature that is in our backlog. We cannot offer full freedom as it would be not realistic to add barbettes where machinery could be placed or far ahead in the bow/stern of the ship, were practically it would be impossible. But something, could be done for an improvement in the future. We can first allow more slots in practical places (Which is the most efficient method, for the player too).

In this update, you will notice already several improvements in various hulls and more placeholders for barbettes or guns.

Thank you for the response. I agree full freedom would be unrealistic at the bow and stern, but turrets can already be mounted over machinery spaces, and they penetrate further when not mounted in a barbette.

In fact, one of the central turrets of the Fuso class had to be raised on a barbette in order not to conflict with the machinery spaces beneath.

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but I can only seem to select the "hard" difficulty for naval academy missions. It was set to "normal" by default, and changed to hard when I clicked on it. Now I can't seem to set it to anything else.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keo223 said:

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but I can only seem to select the "hard" difficulty for naval academy missions. It was set to "normal" by default, and changed to hard when I clicked on it. Now I can't seem to set it to anything else.

Greetings, Admiral. Please check this topic: 

New update is pretty good, having fun messing around with the new turrets and hulls. One thing that I would like to know if it could be addressed is the ability to put a barbette on this location on the French super battleship hull 1, something along the lines of here...

bS3m2Vd.png

Hw6JiKu.png

Feel like it would make for a much better triple turret front design instead of putting the third turret directly on the hull.

Edited by Bluishdoor76
  • Like 3

I played a short game before I head to work and I don't know why but screening destroyers keep suiciding themselves into the enemy fleet instead of sticking with the battleships and you know protecting them. I found other issues but I want to play more before I talk about em.

11 minutes ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

New update is pretty good, having fun messing around with the new turrets and hulls. One thing that I would like to know if it could be addressed is the ability to put a barbette on this location on the French super battleship hull 1, something along the lines of here...

bS3m2Vd.png

Hw6JiKu.png

Feel like it would make for a much better triple turret front design instead of putting the third turret directly on the hull.

Yeah i mentioned this too nick on the previous page, apparently they will add that as a hotfix (unlikely) or in the next update (Very likely)

This allows for the creation of charlamange as well.

• Like 4

Nice update indeed. A lot of the stuff the game just got was really missing.

So, may you finally tell us something about campaing? Or at least tell us approximate time when can we expect some news (something like ,,we will update you until Christmas'')?

And by the way, five months ago (!!!) you promised us monthly patch notes, where are they? Will we ever receive them?

Edited by Aceituna
  • Like 2

The ability to see machinery and armor would be useful. Something along the lines of WoWs or Warthunder's system where it highlights the different armor sections and shows the machinery and citadel spaces. I'm not even sure if the citadel is a modeled thing that moves depending on your turret placement, as it should, cuz I've always seen some weird hits that are listed as belt/deck extended or really far up hits that are listed as main belt/deck. 

Also the friendly AI ships being able to auto avoid torpedoes would be very nice. If it messes up a formation that's fine, torpedoes are deadly, get out of the way! Manual control can always fix a formation. If go slow with a large battle I can usually catch everything but sometimes I don't want to do that. 

An update on the campaign would be really nice. There were issues with the dev team and development seems to have basically halted for awhile. This patch is nice to see but some more info on the campaign would be nice to see yeah. Also just being more clear about some things, like what "dynamic targeting" means. Like you guys said it is supposed to help smaller maneuverable ships avoid fire but how?

2 minutes ago, TotalRampage said:

@Nick Thomadis Just alittle bug Ill report it in reporter aswell. You can double place 2ndry turrets on French super hull 1. 

Had top use Image URL because of file upload limit. 

https://ibb.co/FYyVpHB

Pic 2

https://ibb.co/QrNXdqh

use dis.

https://www.noelshack.com/

its in french doe, but i've learnt how to use it despite being monolingual.

This is a very good update but, I cannot finish Tsushima Strait because the enemy ai is running away and i cant find it. No matter how NoRtH eAsT i go. Also why do my ships always go crazy whenever they get close? Like the ship can clearly make that turn, but for some reason my turn is competely changed because who knows why. Also why is ramming damage a thing if whenever I would attempt to do it the ship would just auto turn away from the other ship. Just like fix the pathfinder for ships being controlled by the player because it is annoying

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RxmRolla said:

This is a very good update but, I cannot finish Tsushima Strait because the enemy ai is running away and i cant find it. No matter how NoRtH eAsT i go. Also why do my ships always go crazy whenever they get close? Like the ship can clearly make that turn, but for some reason my turn is competely changed because who knows why. Also why is ramming damage a thing if whenever I would attempt to do it the ship would just auto turn away from the other ship. Just like fix the pathfinder for ships being controlled by the player because it is annoying

Yea the evasive maneuver needs a fix because ramming an enemy ship is very hard.

• Like 2

the update was very robust But really the British are far behind on trunk a King George V , its body such that , its class has guns but no body :D , ı did not find the problem in the update but ı really want to give us suggestions , should come in scharnhorst class and its guns or deuschland class , to russian ships class maybe vladivostok or lenin... And ı know it will be a very annoying question but ı have to ask , a little crazy but if we had a continuation option we  won the game , if we left the match like that ıts enjoyable to watch the ship sink :DDD and the sinking animations of ship should increase capsizing ,split in two specially deadly ammo detenation and need animation the rangefinders , propallers and rudders maybe ı've said this to many times :( maybe ı'm tired you too but still ı love the things you do and your game :) GOOD LUCK

• Like 2

I have noticed a few problems with the new formations, being 1. the abreast command makes the ships go crazy and going into endless circles 2. as previously mentioned the ships are going to fast in the rear and they bump into each other and lastly unrelated but the ship designer still makes some abominations lmao but yeah

79491040_realabreatst.thumb.PNG.4c1789a48c5a5042454ca662731ba4be.PNG

Only the lead ship,n this case Santa gertrudis is remaining in formation

butttssse.thumb.PNG.96d23b35542ff874cc90b72110f85ad6.PNG

Edited by RxmRolla
  • Like 2