Game-Labs Forum

Clown Car Thread

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just dropping in this treasure from Alpha-9, because when you have five 19" turrets who needs to see where you're going?  

Every so often, I find an AI ship that's such an eye-wateringly awful design that it makes the early French pre-dreadnoughts look like masterpieces of naval architecture. I've taken to screenshotting

Makes me wonder if they can have two separate designers one for the AI and another for the player to utilise. They will need to fix the issues with the AI so that they can expand upon the designer oth

Posted Images

2 hours ago, tvaishar said:

Japanese Nelson class tanker on a lot of acid.

nelson_on_acid.png

On one hand, I'm impressed that the AI stuck to an all centerline approach and put a ton of decently sized guns with fairly decent firing arcs (let's ignore that one 2 or 3 inch turret). On the other hand... not one (truly) big caliber? I hope the AI got decent armor or speed out of it...

8 hours ago, AurumCorvus said:

On one hand, I'm impressed that the AI stuck to an all centerline approach and put a ton of decently sized guns with fairly decent firing arcs (let's ignore that one 2 or 3 inch turret). On the other hand... not one (truly) big caliber? I hope the AI got decent armor or speed out of it...

Well, armor was ok (12+ inches main belt if I recall correctly), main battery was 11 inches, secondaries of all sizes, few bulkheads and speed? 16 knots. But at least they used safe ammo (tube powder + tnt II), so it didn't blow up.

This one's funny, perfectly adequate armament.

But once again, this is not AI problem, this is stupidly limited editor problem. No matter how good is AI, if this crap is the only thing possible to assemble due to all the limitations, this will be the one AI builds. And the one player builds under the same limits, likely.

0kPPljK.png

• 1 month later...

I'm waiting to see how long will it take for them to dump this sunken cost fallacy of a system and just use templates.

This image is from a discord user:

Default_Screenshot_2021.11.24_-_22.18.30

I'm a broken record at this time. (Almost) every player says "Ditch this AI, it just doesnt work, get templates.", GL says "No, wE WilL BAlaNce aNd pATch thIs AI".

After weeks of more wasted development fixing this little * * * *, we get another bug.

When will they get the message...

Edited by Stormnet
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Stormnet said:

I'm waiting to see how long will it take for them to dump this sunken cost fallacy of a system and just use templates.

This image is from a discord user:

Default_Screenshot_2021.11.24_-_22.18.30

I'm a broken record at this time. (Almost) every player says "Ditch this AI, it just doesnt work, get templates.", GL says "No, wE WilL BAlaNce aNd pATch thIs AI".

After weeks of more wasted development fixing this little * * * *, we get another bug.

When will they get the message...

That looks like the barbette that rotates from the edge point, so maybe designed ok, just rendering in incorrect.

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 2
On 11/25/2021 at 2:06 PM, Skeksis said:

That looks like the barbette that rotates from the edge point, so maybe designed ok, just rendering in incorrect.

As much as I don't agree with Skeksis talking point, this bug existed since the beginning of the game. It was fixed for the most part, but I guess it crops up from time to time. Back then, the turrets of a sinking ship would always sink differently than the rest of the hull, causing weird images like this.

Edited by ColonelHenry
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, StoneofTriumph said:

Ah ha! I see our foes are adherents of the "single gun" school of light cruiser design.

CL1.png

I mean you've seen the number of life boats on there right? clearly this is a lifeboat tender and not a cruiser!